PDA

View Full Version : Request: Call of Cthulhu

Ilwan
April 12th, 2005, 09:36
Wanted to hear if their are CoC fans in these boards interested in implementing CoC rules into FG?. As an alternative, the new d20 CoC Rules could be used and Bagpuss2´s modern ruleset could be used as base. Basicly the system would work, when you would add the 1920´s weapon list into his ruleset and add a sanity point value into the character sheet. Im a noob when it comes to XML, but am willing to help as much as possible. The reward who be a international CoC Fg gaming group :).
Any one interested?

Bagpuss2
April 12th, 2005, 11:12
I'm not promising anything but the idea has peeked my interest, as I do like CoC.

Sigurd
April 12th, 2005, 11:44
Sigurd chimes in with a hearty "OH Yeah!" from the background but then runs away to his real job.

S

SiCk_PuPpY
April 12th, 2005, 14:02
I too would love to see a conversion of the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu - and a d20 version would also be great - in fact in some ways better due to the OGL

SP

Bagpuss2
April 13th, 2005, 09:19
Except CoC d20 isn't covered by the OGL, or an SRD, its no more open than Chaosium's edition.

SiCk_PuPpY
April 13th, 2005, 12:52
Indeed, that's true, however from an internet RPG point of view, the d20 rules are freely available, which is very very handy.

Ilwan
April 13th, 2005, 15:21
I was thinking about an empty template, that could understand procentual value. The rest could be done by hand. Just some line with a field for a % value. The rest could be done manually. CoC doenst need that much rule material inside FoG. Just a little neat charactersheet, with HP, SAN, POW and all the skills.....period. A script that would allow d100 roll and calcualte if its a success or not. All the rest could be done with macros in the quicklinks

subbuglio
August 9th, 2005, 10:07
I missed this thread...
Certainly I want CoC, but please the d100 version. For many reasons:
-it fits better with the setting
-it is much more simple (online gaming goes better with simplicity)
-it should be really simple to implement a sheet: the system is: stats and a fixed number of skills, no more.
etc...
If I had the time I could try to do it, but at the moment I have to focus on the G***S sheet (but I'm going well with it).
Anyway I can help the main developer when it possible

Gila
August 12th, 2005, 16:36
Hi there
Sure im interested - CoC is a great game! Im still just trying to figure out how the GM part works with the d20 system - but you just wait - and you´ll see lots of little scary adventures popping up... :D
Gila[/quote]

wavecutter
August 28th, 2005, 00:39
I loves the CoC! Either D20 or Chaosium. I'm down to game in that universe.

Heilemann
February 12th, 2006, 15:45
Let me just voice my support for this as well. I'm usually on a Mac, so I can't really help out a whole lot, but nonetheless :)

Valgard
February 13th, 2006, 01:13
I made a start on this, character sheet and so on, but have put everything on hold until version 1.06 comes out.

Ian

Stuart
February 13th, 2006, 11:42
Great ... so Valgard is offering to run a game then ;-):D

Rap Maharaja
February 13th, 2006, 20:26
Cthulhu consumes 1d10 adventurers per round, who wouldn't be interested? :P If I wasn't working on a mod for Game of Thrones right now I'd be all over this.

Valgard
February 17th, 2006, 20:25
Well, as 'Tatters of the King' has just been ordered, watch this space...

draeven57
March 20th, 2006, 21:01
I am EXTREMELY interested in this as well! I am a HUGE CoC fan. The percentile based system (a.k.a. "Basic Roleplay System") as opposed to the d20 system is my preference. I would love to both play and run a game or two.

"They had come from the stars, and had brought Their images with Them."