PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Graphic Question

Zane_Marlowe
April 12th, 2005, 05:48
Okay, I'm kind of at a loss. I've created a new graphic for the character_main frame, and I've repointed the charsheet.xml's first window class at it, so I'm wondering what I have to do to get this new fram to display correctl. I have named the new file character_main, just like the old one, but it's showing the old document whenever I start the game with my custom ruleset.

Help?

By the way, I'm working on a ruleset for White Wolf's D10-based Aeon Trinity universe games, specifically Adventure! and Aberrant. I'm hoping that eventually there's a way that a modifier can be used to add an additional die to a pool of dice thrown, rather than just adding a number to the result (as long as people are making wishes).

Is anyone else working on a custom sheet like this? Would you like me to post a picture of the sheet I'm working on?

Goblin-King
April 12th, 2005, 07:57
Did you make the changes in a ruleset of your own or in the "rulesets\d20" folder? Any changes you make in the d20 folder won't show up in the program, it's there just for reference purposes. You need to create a new ruleset and make modifications there.

Bagpuss2
April 12th, 2005, 11:20
Yeah, a method for doing a dice pool mechanic would be nice for games like White Wolf's and Shadowrun. If that could be in a later patch, that would be sweet, but it not something I'ld expect any time soon.

Zane_Marlowe
April 14th, 2005, 03:32
Well, I figured out that my problem was that I hadn't checked the paths. I did in fact copy over the d20 folder, but I didn't reset the path info in the xml files. Now I'm actually getting the image to show up, and the XML is coming along nicely.

That said, I have another question that I'll post in a new thread since it concerns fonts.

Thanks again for the help!