PDA

View Full Version : Dice rolling

kalmarjan
April 10th, 2005, 06:52
Here is a thing we noticed with our group while playing. Either the numbers are low rolling, or crit rolling. What is your experience?

Ged
April 10th, 2005, 08:11
There is this theory of potential mass embedded in any (set of) dice, which now seems to extend to digital ones too, which is simply great :P . This sounds, however, really weird - it's interesting to see the poll results...

kalmarjan
April 12th, 2005, 15:47
Looks like the culprit are my players.... Seems like great fun when the climatic moment comes up and, BLAM! They roll a 1! :twisted:

Seriously though.... the program rocks!

Odhanan
April 14th, 2005, 22:20
I have no problem whatsoever with dice rolling. Results are even. :)

kalmarjan
April 15th, 2005, 03:29
Looks like the bad luck just transfers from the table to the desktop. LOL
:twisted:

Makes for some interesting roleplaying though.

MythioS
May 1st, 2005, 09:48
Is there anyway to slowdown the rate at which the dice dissapear? During character generation atleast they fade away rather quick.

gurney9999
May 2nd, 2005, 00:47
Roll inside the chat window... even though the dice disappear fast the results of each die are captured in the chat.

MythioS
May 2nd, 2005, 01:43
how do you bring up the chatwindow during char gen?

nix4
May 3rd, 2005, 14:42
With the given physics of how dice are rolled one of my friends brought up an interesting argument regarding how the dice are handled...

* Is it possible to get a die to say...have the 20 face up by rolling it 'gently' then simply dropping it into chat? If you dont roll, you can get the same result over and over...or do the dice reset?

So basically, my concern is with dropping dice vs rolling dice.

Thanks!

richvalle
May 3rd, 2005, 14:53
I think you can just drop the die in the chat window and it will work.

(shrugs) There is always ways of cheating even when you sit around a table. You could require the players to use the quick slots for most die rolls as that removes the die rolling function and just let them roll the dice for the odd thing that comes up every now and then.

rv

MythioS
May 3rd, 2005, 16:57
yea you can drop the dice, but in my spare time during sessions i havnt noticed that it makes a whole lot of difference. The height or w/e is set high enough that its going to end up on some other side then the one you picked it up on.

Maybe you could have a little graph when you throw it, like a golf game :) if its not far enough down the bar you have to reroll?

richvalle
May 3rd, 2005, 17:10
I think everyone else sees the dice move around too... no? If the die just appears on the chat window without moving first you know the player dropped it. If it rolls around you know they threw it.

rv