PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions from a newb.

Ottergame
April 4th, 2005, 04:12
I have some questions, I can't seem to figure out if I am missing some things, or if these features do not exist.

:?:Is there a way to zoom in and out of a map? This seems like a basic feature, I'd be surprised that there wasn't a way to do it.

:?:Also, is there a way to enable a window to be brought to the forground just by clicking on it? It's a bit annoying to have to minimize the map just to see what's going on in chat.

kalmarjan
April 4th, 2005, 05:41
:Is there a way to zoom in and out of a map? This seems like a basic feature, I'd be surprised that there wasn't a way to do it.

In a word.... No. If you make your maps so that one square on the graph paper (so to speak) = 50 px, then that will make it so you can have tokens move.... (Assuming the tokens are also 50 px.) You can resize your maps with an editing program that resizes images by measuring the distance in pixels from one side of the grid square to the opposite side of the grid square. Once you have this in pixels, you divide 50 px by the # of pixels you have, x 100 and you have a percentage number to resize your map to. Hope this helps....

:Also, is there a way to enable a window to be brought to the forground just by clicking on it? It's a bit annoying to have to minimize the map just to see what's going on in chat.

Any window that you have in the background can be brought to the front by clicking on it, EXCEPT the chat window. That one stays where it is. One workaround that I find works is to have your screen real estate organized. If I need a monster for an encounter, I drag the monster sheet to a hot key, so if I ever need the Monster NPC for a sec, I can just click it. Then when I don't need it, I just close it. Same goes for most images you need. I don't like to have a lot of clutter on the screen, as in combat, the init tracker, the maps and the tokens and chat window pretty much takes up all my screen place. One tip that may help, I place the init tracker in the top half of my chat window, as I utilize that wasted space. (as I probably have already read what is there anyways.

Hope this rambling helps.

Sandeman