PDA

View Full Version : Princes of the Apocalypse Module Crashing Players

TheSlowestZombie
March 11th, 2016, 04:35
I'm running Ultimate, my players all run demo. I wanted them to load the Princes of the Apocalypse library module so they can see certain images like their faction's banner. But when they load that module they start getting errors about needing to clear their cache or the game client straight up crashes for them. Problems sometimes start right away, but other times the game can be running for 30 minutes before they start having problems.

We narrowed it down to the PotA module specifically. Choosing Run as Administrator or moving the content from ProgramData to the user's profile data folder doesn't make a difference. If they don't load it, the game is way more stable overall.

The specific reason I'm trying to share the module: I created items such as "Harper's Medallion" and placed them in players' inventory. In the item details I dropped in a link to the Harpers' faction image, but the picture won't open if they don't have the module loaded.

Thanks for any assistance or advice. I'm fine with working around the problem but it seems like there's probably a bug to be fixed in the module somewhere.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2016, 05:19
I'm running Ultimate, my players all run demo. I wanted them to load the Princes of the Apocalypse library module so they can see certain images like their faction's banner. But when they load that module they start getting errors about needing to clear their cache or the game client straight up crashes for them. Problems sometimes start right away, but other times the game can be running for 30 minutes before they start having problems.
We recommend you don't share the GM/Scenario modules with the players. This will load up everything on the player side - even the stuff they don't open, which results in FG running out of memory and crashing.

You should share the individual items you want to share with the players.

Block the module share in module activation, get all of the players to clear their cache (press the nuclear button in the top right of the "Join Game" screen) otherwise they'll still load the cached module from before.

TheSlowestZombie
March 11th, 2016, 05:40
Will do. Thanks for the advice!
Would love to see a "best practices" guide or something. Or maybe I just missed it in the general "how to not crash" threads.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2016, 07:24
That's really the only known "crash" issue right now. It requires a rearchitecture of the system, which we are working on long term.

There are a bunch of User Guides over on the wiki in video and link formats, if you are looking for examples of FG learning material.

Regards,
JPG