PDA

View Full Version : Questions on FG

Mordo
March 31st, 2005, 18:15
I'm about to buy FG and wanted to know a few things.

1. How easy is it to create new rule set and add house rules since I'm going to play with my friends in french I'll need to add the french translation of the srd as well as some house rules that we use?

2. If I buy FG and install it on my office computer while waiting for having internet installed at home, would it be possible for me to then install it onto my home computer once I got internet?

Goblin-King
March 31st, 2005, 18:35
1. How easy is it to create new rule set and add house rules since I'm going to play with my friends in french I'll need to add the french translation of the srd as well as some house rules that we use?

Two things really determine this. First, the degree you are willing to just go along with the chat, the dice and the assets almost all games use such as images, drawings, tokens and text notes that really are not rules specific. Second, your experience with XML and graphics tools. Everything used to create the d20 ruleset is right there for you to work off of, but as with all things digital, there's a bit of work if you want to create a complete ruleset with online reference materials and all.

I'm sure others are better than me in giving you an objective opinion on this :)

2. If I buy FG and install it on my office computer while waiting for having internet installed at home, would it be possible for me to then install it onto my home computer once I got internet?

Yes.

Mordo
March 31st, 2005, 18:48
Thanks, as for the rules I just want to change the current srd for it's french translation, as well as adding house rules otherwise I don't want nor have the skills and the time to mess with everything else :D

onky
March 31st, 2005, 18:57
I'm about to buy FG and wanted to know a few things.

Due to the license, be aware you are only allowed to use one distro at a time;) But that almost speaks for itself:)