PDA

View Full Version : Some Newbie questions

Loki
March 31st, 2005, 03:56
Hey all, as you can tell by the subject I'm rather new at FG. I've played in a game once and am hosting my first tomorrow night. But I've got a few questions for all you FG old timers out there.

So I'm constantly seeing all these commands throughout the boards. e.g. /export or /save etc. Is there any type of central repository or master list where I can view ALL of the commands? It's incredibly difficult trying to figure out how to create a module or campaign and then try to find the necessary commands... quite the pain.

I'm also hearing alot about these "tabs"... but I'm not finding them anywhere. Do I have some sort of corrupted app here?

I see the "new" tab in nearly all of the pains but I can't find any thing else. I've read a few posts talking about tab colors and how they're predicated by the xml but ... I don't see the tabs. What am I missing here?

You know.. I was thinking that you guys who've been playing around w/ this thing ought to see if you can start up a post of "Tips and Tricks" and add to it as you go. It would be an extremly useful source of information for guys like me.

The app by the way ROCKS! Love it.... three snaps.

Game on.

Crusader
March 31st, 2005, 07:35
Regarding the tabs, did you read this topic?

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=401

Loki
March 31st, 2005, 14:47
Regarding the tabs, did you read this topic?

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=401

Uh...wow. No. (sheepish grin...) Thanks Crusader. Now see if we had all this stuff in one central place it would be so much easier to find than hearing it via word of mouth. Don't you think?

IMHO of course...

richvalle
March 31st, 2005, 15:43
Yes it would. No one has put together a faq or list of usefull threads yet.

rv

Crusader
April 1st, 2005, 09:26
Thanks Crusader. Now see if we had all this stuff in one central place it would be so much easier to find than hearing it via word of mouth. Don't you think?

No worries mate, and a great idea! :)

dante42
May 4th, 2007, 22:02
Umm....I have the same questions. What are tabs? Where are they? How do they work? But the link goes no where.....

Griogre
May 4th, 2007, 22:30
If you have the full version of FG when you start a campaign and open any of the books but the library you will get a pop up. If you look down at the bottom left of this window you will probably see the default red comedy / tragedy "tab". You can add tabs by right clicking on the tab and selecting add group. You and change the icon and color of the tab in the right click menu also.

You can change which tab an entry is on by dragging an dropping it on a different tab. You can change the order the tabs are in by dragging and dropping the tabs. You can name the tabs by typing something in the chat and instead of hitting enter dragging and dropping the text on the tab.

Tabs are useful organizing entries. You don't want to go wild with them because if you import module with tabs you can get too many.