PDA

View Full Version : Modern-like RPG

Nouny
March 29th, 2005, 19:12
Hello,

My friends and I are really interested into FG but we play d20 CoC and sometimes other more modern rpgs.

1- Does one of you tried it while playing CoC or other modern rpgs? How's the feeling? FG looks really... medevial-fantasy like and we just don't know how it's going to turn or feel.

2- Is there any people that did future-like tokens or skin or I don't know...?

Been searching for a while and I didn't find anything!

Thanks a lot!

onky
March 29th, 2005, 19:17
There's a D20 modern ruleset which you can implement in FG. It comes with its own icons, giving FG more an up to date look and feel.

The Modern ruleset is worked out perfectly btw... So it's worth it to invest in FG. I've DM'ed a session with it already, and after an hour or so, things just go naturally with the program. And if you use VoiP like Skype it's just the same as sitting around the table with friends...!

But look at it this way... Your gaming table at home could just as good be made out of wood, right?;)

Nouny
March 29th, 2005, 19:20
lol, yes. It's more about the tokens and skin like feeling. If there are no tokens yet for modern-like rpgs, I guess we will have to create them~ n'way, thanks for your reply~

onky
March 29th, 2005, 19:24
The tokens building is a breeze really. Just cut out your favourite avatars in a handy 40x40 pixels or something size, and place them in the campaigns\bla\tokens directory and you have everything you need....

Nouny
March 29th, 2005, 19:25
ok, thanks a lot.. we will consider it.. it's kinda hard to all get together now with the kids... I think FG is the right solution! :)

onky
March 29th, 2005, 19:27
First make sure everyone in your group makes a testrun with the demo of FG, so you won't encounter disappointments with anyone's PC config....;)