PDA

View Full Version : To all the Female Players on Fantasy Grounds

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 18:41
We are about to start a campaign beginning with the new "Curse of Strahd" Adventure Module. The Link to that game is here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28673-LFG-D-amp-D-5e-Curse-of-Strahd

We all feel that Diversity is just as important in life as we do in gaming. We also feel that Table Top Role Playing and D&D should not have a "Boys Club" atmosphere. So I invite any female player that would like to join our group of intrepid adventurers to please send me a Private Message here on Fantasy Grounds or reply to this thread. We feel so strongly about this that we are adding a 5th spot to the party so that we can try and bring that diversity and show that we are serious about dispelling this stigma on Role Playing. Some of the best RP'ers I've ever met have been female and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you all!

P.S. If you can't make the schedule yourself but know someone who can please let them know about it.

Ellspeth
March 9th, 2016, 18:45
and today is international woman's day13324 I so wanted to share this here somewhere, thanks Skillkoil. You guys are awesome, but we do feel a bit, er, outnumbered at times.

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 18:53
Well hopefully we can change that together as a community.

dakkonwastes
March 9th, 2016, 19:09
skillkoil, your plan is canny, cunning, and thinly veiled attempt to steal all the ladies for yourself. That being said I shall make a female char and apply to your game to spoil your fun. Mwh hahahahahah!!!!

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 19:12
skillkoil, your plan is canny, cunning, and thinly veiled attempt to steal all the ladies for yourself. That being said I shall make a female char and apply to your game to spoil your fun. Mwh hahahahahah!!!!

haha dakkon, I wish I could steal all the ladies for myself but if you have ever watched our stream I'd have no chance if I did steal them. I'll settle for just one who wants to have a good time and will feel included as part of the team.

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 23:41
Bump because I know there are some great female players out there!

Serena
March 10th, 2016, 01:02
i would join but i can't un sundays always loved a good d and d with vampires

Daedalus
March 10th, 2016, 01:04

I can definitely vouch for you as a player. We do need more women gamers to make the hobby more diverse

Serena
March 10th, 2016, 01:05
thanks dead

Ellspeth
March 10th, 2016, 01:59
I would Skillkoil, but you already get to play with me in my game, and Sunday nights I have been in a CnC that the same group has been playing well over a year now, and that is one where there are two of us female types. I know there are women players around, I am in games with them, however they don't seem to use the forums much, my impression is they mostly join games they have been invited into by friends, or are playing with smaller outside groups. My Amazon game at FG-Con I hope to have all female players something I have yet to experience. If I do hear of any of the ladies that I know looking I'll pass this thread link to them

JerryRig
March 10th, 2016, 02:15
I don't if Ells is a Lady ...She just to good of an actor/actress for us to know for sure!!! We need her to play a male character and see what happens. ;)

Varsuuk
March 10th, 2016, 04:11
Ironically, when I started DMing in an unsanctioned but tolerated 1e D&D club in junior year in HS classrooms after school (I'd been a player's once Freshmen year but at people's homes) ... Who turns up but my best frieNd (who was later to finally "come out" decades later ;)) another friend (male) from my homeroom who only stayed for about a month and 2 ladies from my homeroom, and another 3 ladies I was friends with and a walk-in female as well. We eventually added a sponsor young teacher (guy).

Omg, I had no clue that this wasn't more common until years later going to The Compleat Strategist disavowed me of this Not a single one of them ever played before that first time although nearly all of them had mid to high interest in Fantasy or medieval history (except Rick who was only one to drop out.). I need up playing with my best friend and one of the girls (started dating a year and half later) for another 9 years along with others I met in College years. That group was more standard: 4 guys and 1 gal. :( although, come to think of it, for nearly 2 of the middle years it was 3 & 2)

I will say with only one exception, every one of the ladies blew away most other players I've met playing for getting into it and just being fun to play with. Two of them should have DMed regularly due to their creativity but never could get em to do more than the rare night or two.

I'm ashamed as the "starter generation" didn't do a better job making it more welcoming for women. If we had, gaming later in PC world would prolly be a better place than it has been.

I love to see how much is changing though. Kudos!

Skillkoil
March 10th, 2016, 15:24

The game is on Thursdays.

Ellspeth
March 10th, 2016, 15:33
Well Jerry, mystery is a good thing. However I have played male characters, I played in Daedulus's one shot for FG-Daze, A-Team, I played Face and it was a blast. In the only game I ever played run by a woman, a short lived Call of Cthulu I played a male character. And in your game Jerry for quite a while we had a 50/50 split, and I still am sad that campaign came to an end, BTW when the 3 female characters held off the attackers to protect the priest, giving them time to complete a ritual in the Underdark campaign. Maybe it is my characters penchant for carrying whips Jerry that confuses you, oh my new lady pirate has one too, you may want to warn Black Hammer letting me have that may be ill advised, rofl.

gaara6666
March 10th, 2016, 20:00
hijinks....hijinks shall ensue ellspeth. Whips are the ****. range 15 foot melee reach weapon. huge attack of opportunity range, trip potential through the roof, climbing, hogtieing. It is the weapon just behind the dagger that has the single best multi-use potential.

Serena
March 10th, 2016, 22:52
i'm in a pirate game on thursday evenings but if schedule works or if it gets cancelled i'll definatly join

Ellspeth
March 10th, 2016, 22:57
Tis even better when it is a whip gifted by Loviatar, 3 prong scourge that dealt 3d6+fire+magic damage. Gosh I miss that whip. And Serena and I are in the same pirate game tonight, last I knew we still needed players for you daring types.

JerryRig
March 11th, 2016, 00:18
I could feel the evil grin you had every time you drew forth that scourge ...Mwuhahahahha. Loviatar was so proud! Ya you never had any problems roleplaying anything you played ...you got into it. T'was my pleasure to have ya with us the whole adventure :o

Cats
March 13th, 2016, 01:20
I am new to FG, I have been gaming off and on most of my life. It is always awkward as a woman entering a new gaming situation. I have had positive and negative experiences over the years in other communities, and was not sure what I would find here on FG. I have yet to play a game. My husband has Ultimate, and has yet to play here as well. I would be very interested in joining any 5e games. I have 2 real life games I play Monday and Wednesday nights at a local game store, but I am free other than that. Feel free to message me anytime about upcoming games that would like another female player. I would love to learn to play here, and join the community. I am Eastern time zone.

Ellspeth
March 13th, 2016, 01:36
Welcome Cats it is great to see more of the ladies identifying themselves, I know the feeling, when I came here over a year ago I didn't even have a husband to make it easier, and I too had a bad experience elsewhere. I was also really new to RPG's and it was kind of a double negative so I was seriously doubtful as to whether I should just give up the hobby before I invested any more time or money. I am thrilled to be able to assure you that here on these forums, in the games I have joined here, I have NEVER had a problem. I have a blog where we try to open up discussions about these topics, you are invited to join the discussions there. Also during the upcoming FG-Con I am running a game of Amazons and hope to have ALL female players. On Thursday night I am in a Savage Worlds 50 Fathom that is currently more women than men. But here even in games where I am the only woman again, no problems, and have had some great times. And all the guys here are so helpful that with only a little over 2 years experience in RPG's and Fantasy Grounds I can manage to run a pretty decent game. But check the threads often and contact the GM or post on the thread if you see something that fits your schedule and interest it is way faster than hoping a GM sees your ad, hopefully we'll meet in a game sometime soon, meantime, Happy gaming.