PDA

View Full Version : Odd graphic "noise"/weirdness on Skills tab?

Varsuuk
March 9th, 2016, 01:49
I loaded tonight to continue creating our paper chars in FG and saw this odd line in the sheet I completed the night before which looked fine for the last 2 days I worked on it.

Any clue what is wrong (closing and opening resulted in same thing)...

OK - nevermind... when noticed scrolled to "vehicle (land)" had line as well and I went...AHA! oops, these two were entered by me when following the Wiki example where a tool was added.

So, is this normal for "unknown" or is there something I can do to eliminate the lines?

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2016, 09:33
I loaded tonight to continue creating our paper chars in FG and saw this odd line in the sheet I completed the night before which looked fine for the last 2 days I worked on it.

Any clue what is wrong (closing and opening resulted in same thing)...

OK - nevermind... when noticed scrolled to "vehicle (land)" had line as well and I went...AHA! oops, these two were entered by me when following the Wiki example where a tool was added.

So, is this normal for "unknown" or is there something I can do to eliminate the lines?

The line is there, I presume, to make it clearer which skills you have input. I don't think you can do anything about it.

damned
March 9th, 2016, 10:55
I reckon if it really bothered you you could find the template that it uses and create an extension to over write it...

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2016, 06:24
It's to denote the difference between regular and custom skills. Otherwise, there's no UI clue to know that the skill name can be edited, but that the others can't.

Regards,
JPG

Varsuuk
March 10th, 2016, 12:30
Got it - it is normal. I ad started writing the op prior to noticing that it was a "new" skill. I actually didn't get that until saw the out of screenshot "Vehicles (land)"

Once I did, I thought it indicated I was missing something that needed to be filled out in order to make it "correctly formatted"

No, I can live with it - I don't mind it, was just concerned. Although, I might take the suggestion to just lean how to muck wth a character sheet sometime in future and maybe make it italicized (assuming tat doesn't look bad, haven't tried to mock it up)