PDA

View Full Version : Manually updating hit dice on character sheet D&D 5E

ctcharger
March 8th, 2016, 02:54
I can't seem to add hit dice to the 1st level fighter I built. What is the process to update this automatically when building characters and manually during the game?

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2016, 03:16
Adding hit dice as in leveling up? Do you not get the standard hit point increase when you drag the class to the character sheet? You can manually add by dragging the 3D die to the field, but I'm not sure that's what you're asking. Can you post screen shots and directions for what you are trying to do?

ctcharger
March 8th, 2016, 03:23
wow, that was easy. The dragging the die over the box totally worked. Didn't even think to do that. I am creating the level 1 character and I had no idea how to add the hit die.
Thanks for the quick reply, that was driving me nuts.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2016, 11:15
I can't seem to add hit dice to the 1st level fighter I built. What is the process to update this automatically when building characters and manually during the game?

Hit dice are automatically added when you create the character via drag and drop. See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet) for an overview of character creation.

It's the same for level up, hit dice are automatically added (and the correct ones are added for multiclassed characters too). If, however, you create the character manually then you'll need to drag in a dice as noted above. It is much easier to use drag/drop but that will depend on what resources you have and what options you want, with the best to least options available from PHB, SRD, Basic rules.

ctcharger
March 8th, 2016, 21:59
Thanks. I think I messed up the whole drag and drop thing and it was downhill from there...