PDA

View Full Version : Running Star Wars EoTE Beginner Game. Need players for PST Mornings, days not yet set

Hurske
March 8th, 2016, 00:27
Hi everyone, Hurske here. I been itching to play a star wars game, as the last one was the west end games version 12 years ago, which was also the first pen and paper rpg I was introduced to.
I liked what I have read from this version of Star Wars, now I need some brave souls that will delve into this with me as I have never played this version, so I will be completely new, and as such I decided to start with the beginner game from the first book source book.

Now for the nitty-gritty

Fantasy Grounds Version: I have the ultimate yay!!
Time Bracket: Monday mornings, Pacific time. Right now it will be a Biweek game, week games will be decided if all players are able.
Communication: As with my other groups, I expect roleplay, we will use TS, and talking will be for roleplay. OOC chat will be limited to FG chatbox, and even then, keep that at a minimum.
Game Style: I want roleplayers, I do not like min-maxers and those who try to game the system. This is about story and having fun for the players.
Age: All I ask is that you come into the game with a clear head and be respectful of my players and my time (Be on time, if you need to cancel a session, tell me beforehand, not leave me in the dark).
Long Term: Would like to have an adventure that spans the stars! Long Term
Player Count: I think the sweet number for me is 5 players. Right now I have = 3!!

Now for the game specific nitty-gritty

Start: Because this will be brand spanking new for me, I am using the beginner game and those starting characters. After the starting adventure, PC created option will be available.
Homebrew: I run several games, my main time is devoted to a homebrew DnD game, as such, I will be using published adventures with my own creations thrown in.
Star Wars source book versions: Since this is new for me, I am starting with the EotE (Edge of the Empire), then with familiarity I will move onto adding the other two books (Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny).
Ruleset: Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars, using the community created Edge of the Empire system.

***Alright, for those who are interested I want two things***

Introduce yourself in this thread.
Post on the game calendar that is below.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1882

Ksathra
March 8th, 2016, 04:58
I'd be good Tuesday-Friday from at 8 or 9am PST. Seems like its around noon for me EST. I'm running a Starwars game on Monday myself, its fun.

Hurske
March 8th, 2016, 05:30
Sounds good, been going more through the ruleset, definitely seems like a fun system.

Ksathra
March 8th, 2016, 05:36
I'm guessing you're talking about the Fantasy Flight Games system right? I'm sure there are others just figured EotE meant that.

Hurske
March 8th, 2016, 06:34
Yes the fantasy flight ones.

Xydonus
March 8th, 2016, 09:25
Running two star wars games myself and enjoying the system. Just a question: are you going to use the community ruleset that is the Star Wars:EoTE standalone ruleset, or are you planning to use Savage Worlds?

If it's the former, then I may be interested. 8am/9amPST is 4pm/5pm for me so that's doable. The real killer is what day it is. Weekend is not doable for me, Monday/Tuesday are no-goes, which leaves only 3 days, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. How long will the sessions be? I'm just going to assume the average which is usually around 3/4 hours?

Hurske
March 8th, 2016, 14:52
Bleh I am a dolt, I forgot I play DnD Saturday mornings. weekends out completely out. So the game will have to be tuesday-friday mornings. I am willing to run a game Mondays at any time.

Hurske
March 8th, 2016, 14:55
Xydonus, its the Fantasy Flight version, so Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny. I fell in love with the d6 version from years ago, and this version reminds me of it with the dice pools.

Will be using the community created ruleset, I already went through it, and it all seems to be in working order.

Game length will be most likely 3/4 hours (thats 3 to 4 hours, playing a RPG for 45 minutes would be....interesting).

PeteFantastic
March 8th, 2016, 16:40
Hey, I would love to be involved in this. I've just picked up a couple FFG Star Wars books myself and would love to start off in the beginning adventure.

From what everyone has said, Wed/Thurs/Fri are the open time slots, and for me personally Wed/Thurs work the best.

Ksathra
March 8th, 2016, 17:00
I just realized that starting next week my games start earlier. So Wednesday and Thursday would not work for me :/ Sorry.
I could still do Monday, Tuesday or Friday but Xydonus cant do Monday, Tuesday... So I guess Friday? Pete is Friday still doable for you? even if its not the best?

PeteFantastic
March 8th, 2016, 20:45
Yeah, Friday Mornings would still work for me

Batman13
March 8th, 2016, 20:54
Hello,

I am in my mid 30 and would like to join your game. I have played D6 Star Wars, and would like to play some more. I would rather play 8am, becasue I live in the Middle East and it is about a 12hour difference to PST. Let me know.

Artaron
March 8th, 2016, 22:26
Hi there. Your 8/9 am biweekly game could be a good fit for me.
Best day Monday for me. Wednesday also possible.
Keep us posted.
If I were to join I'd like to play a bounty hunter :)

Hurske
March 9th, 2016, 02:24
Hey everyone, when you post on the calendar, please vote on the days which are good for you, so far only 2 have done it.

Vhok
March 9th, 2016, 11:23
if Mondays are going to happen I can do 12noon pst for a start time

Hurske
March 9th, 2016, 16:12
From what I am seeing on the calendar, and other other people that are posting (but not voting :cry: ). Most so far seem to be available Monday.

Xydonus
March 9th, 2016, 16:37
I've no idea how to vote on that calendar. Anyhow if Monday is the majority I'll have to drop out. Monday is do-able for me but it depends on the time. It would have to be a 9am start.

Hurske
March 9th, 2016, 17:00
nothings set in stone yet, still need to find the actual playerbase.

Artaron
March 9th, 2016, 18:27
Hi Hurke I don't know how to vote on the game scheduling panel on the right. Do you need to accept me or am I missing something ?

Hurske
March 9th, 2016, 18:32
Hi Artaron, as far as I know, you just need to be logged in under your account and just click the yes link thats next to the date, look at the picture here in the link

Artaron
March 9th, 2016, 20:02
Nope it won't let me vote.
Here's what I see:

Can you try accepting me tentatively so I can submit my votes along everyone else?
Any other suggestions are welcome. Tried in 2 browsers.

Trenloe
March 9th, 2016, 20:56
Can you try accepting me tentatively so I can submit my votes along everyone else?
Yeah, only people the GM has accepted (shown as "active") can vote.

Artaron
March 9th, 2016, 22:11
Thank you Trenloe, but if I look at the calendar page for the game it seems all other players who voted are marked as pending.
How is that ?
anyway, I won't digress any further from the topic. Hurske, waiting for your approval :)

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 00:45
Yeah that is strange, ok, I have accepted you all....actually, if all 5 of you could work on a similar date we already have the group.

NaomiLynn
March 10th, 2016, 01:12
SPC Pendergast reporting as ordered hurske o7

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 01:16
Roger!

Eonmoon
March 10th, 2016, 01:43
hey if your still lookin for people im good to go, had a game running with this system, tho the empire book set rather as a farghul sabatuer/engineer,

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 02:42
Alright everyone, I need to figure out which Adventure to run from Edge of the Empire, which only leaves 3 for the first book. Beyond the Rim, Jewel of Yavin, then Mask of the Pirate Queen.

Ksathra
March 10th, 2016, 06:31
If you're pending in a game and they have a Scheduled time set up. You cant vote for a time in the game schedule itself but if you return to the calendar where you see all the available game schedule you have a section at the top that lets you vote on it there and when you do vote it brings you to the page itself but also puts your vote up.

Artaron
March 10th, 2016, 10:47
Mask of the Pirate Queen sounds really really cool !
Would it be possible however to run a couple of the introductory modules like the beginner adventure? I understand they're short, and should allow everyone to catch up on the system.

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 12:17
Pretty much how I plan on doing it. Since I been reading the rules I know you can learn the specialized trees from other classes. I'm going to run an adventure path that spans from edge of the Empire, to age of the rebellion, finally to force and destiny.

I'll definitely run the beginner game, it's short and simple, it's super linear, but seems like a really good choice in learning the rules.

Ksathra
March 10th, 2016, 16:58
yeah buying a specialty tree from your class is 10+10x# of trees you have. if outside your class its 20+10x# of trees you have.

I'm curious what the pre-gen starting characters are like. (I think Artaron wanted bounty hunter type, and Eonmoon wanted Engineer/Saboteur type?)

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 17:02
Pretty much I am opening the options to all the books under Edge of the Empire, once we swing things to the rebellion side, that will open up. Although I will have to see how Jedi works, since I know they tend to be children for training.

I have pretty much a overall arc set through my head of how things are going to go, seeing as there is only 1 adventure book for both rebellion and force, I may have to go create my own, unless they can plug into the edge start we are doing.

As for the pregens, thats just for the absolute start, usually when we are finding out who is reliable players. I think there are 6 total premades, 4 from the Edge of Empire beginner set, and 2 online that add to it.

Artaron
March 10th, 2016, 18:49
Right you are Ksathra ! How's it going ? What are you going to play ?

And yes there are 6 total pregens for the beginner game and actually I see 6 more for under a black sun which is also a beginner type adventure so they should be compatible.
Hurske, if I understand correctly, you want us to play as pregens for the beginner adventure and then replace then by our custom characters ?

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 18:49
although, the more I am learning of the rules I may open up everything, still working on how the campaign is gonna run.

Hurske
March 10th, 2016, 18:55
Artaron, yes that is true. I firstly need to see how the game is played and want to learn the ruleset correctly, I would rather do that with pregens. Plus it will give you all a chance to see how each player melds with each others play style. So it will be Pregens for the beginner game (which is short) Then I will open and do the character creation for the start of the first campaign.

Artaron
March 10th, 2016, 19:04
Sorry for double post.
yeah that makes sense. Will we be able to keep whatever valuables/xp from the beginner game into the next module ?

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 00:32
That's the plan, keep your character if you like, going to the next module, or if you want to reroll your character then, you can.

Ksathra
March 11th, 2016, 02:15
Hey Artaron. I dont know what I'll play. I've done Melee focused Marauder and I've done a Technician type character. Both were fun but I'm up to other things, I'll see what the pregens have and pick one of those when we start up probably.

As for Force and Destiny. If you have a Class before you become a Jedi there is a Force emergent class that you have to take first I believe. But I'm sure it can be up to you if you want to just let us go into one of the main classes themselves instead, not that the Force emergent is super bad really.

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 02:20
Just from the top of my head, if you take a character all the way from edge,to rebellion, to force, I may make it mandatory that you take a force class specialization. But that very ahead of what I'm thinking, plus the top of my head.

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 02:21
Alright, I need to start building the adventure for the actual game into FG, those 4 of you who are currently in, have you played any of the Edge of Empire adventures? If so, which ones.

Ksathra
March 11th, 2016, 04:21
Nothing Official no. I think I joined a Game just after the others had finished doing Onslaught at Arda (That's a Age of Rebellion premade) but I did not even play that one technically because everything was made up once I joined because they were done the premade.

Artaron
March 11th, 2016, 13:00
Hurske I haven't played any EOTE game at all so far, which is why I why I asked if we were gonna do the beginner game.
By the way I saw there's a continuation of it which is a free short adventure called long arm of the hutt.

Ksathra I think the Emergent class is if you're playing only within the confines of AoR.

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 17:11
Artaron, I am thinking we will also run into long arm of the hutt, since the beginner game does seem short, but that will also depend on how smooth the group goes through the game, I do expect some stops since I am new as we clarify rules and such.

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 17:14
Ok, we all need to work on a way for us to communicate, the easiest it seems could be this forum as both Artaron and Ksathra post frequently, Batman seems around as he messaged me in the blink of an eye (the name seems to fit). I sent off a message to Eonmoon to get his acceptance of Mondays game start, waiting on him.

I am most likely going to make a second post on the main forum with a clear title of looking for one more player on Monday morning.

*Edit* Just realized Xydonus said he would drop out of Mondays, but right after said its doable if start is 9am, which ours is, sending him a message...

Would we like to stick with this, or add in personal Email, Skype?

Batman13
March 11th, 2016, 17:17
I think a private group would be best. My email gets pinged each time some one posts here. A Skype group sounds fair to me.

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 17:29
Alright, time to see what everyone would like to play. So the options we have are.

Bounty Hunter, Twi'Lek "Oskara" - Artaron has taken.
Smuggler, Human "Pash" - Open
Hired Gun, Wookie "Lowhhrick" - Open
Colonist, Droid "Vex" - Open
Explorer, Human "Sasha" - Open
Technician, Human "Mathus" - Batman13 says he wanted.

There are 4 premades also in the Black Sun semi-beginner, so if someone wants a class thats already taken, ill just pull that one in, they are just a little more indepth with skills and talents than the start ones.

Also keep note, that these are just for the started game, once the main game rolls and we have a reliable player base, character creation will be open.

Ksathra
March 11th, 2016, 20:29
Hmm Damb. Vex or Lowhhrick... A Droid or a Wookie both would be pretty cool to play... Damb thats hard to choose from. I'm guessing droid is really smart and Wookie is really strong... I'm guessing the Tech is really smart too... I guess I'll be a Wookie. If the bounty hunter is more Gun related and I'm more Melee related that should fit together

Artaron
March 11th, 2016, 20:33
You got it right Ksathra ! I'll shoot them from a distance while you rip off their arms ! I love it !!!

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 20:35
If you guys want, you can jump on now if you want to take a look at the characters, im currently building the first game. Look on the game calendar, ill post the FG login info

Hurske
March 11th, 2016, 20:44
Well the Wookie has a Vibro-Axe, that thing is mean.
Vex is smart, he has the same brain smarts as the tech

Artaron
March 11th, 2016, 21:56
That just brought up a scary image in my mind !
I hope it'll be okay by monday, but I just had something apparently known as black screen of death on my lenovo y700. screen won't light up and plugging to external monitor hasn't done the trick.
I'll do what I can. In any case I've got mobile teamspeak :)

Hurske
March 12th, 2016, 00:46
Doh! Sorry to hear about the screen. Keep us updated. You have an alternate computer to use just in case?

Hurske
March 12th, 2016, 04:55
Alright, after looking more through the rules, definitely seems viable to play a jedi, but it's going to be a long road, I see how they have it set up, you initially are force sensitive in edge of the Empire, and get stronger until full blown jedi in the 3rd act of my campaign

Hurske
March 13th, 2016, 01:55
Good news! I got my radio station set up. So we will have beautiful streaming music!

Never realize how much of a mood setter background music can make.

Artaron
March 13th, 2016, 08:19
That's grear is it like an addon for teamspeak ?
Music is DEFINITELY a mood setter. Epic music for climactic battles, exploration music, stress/danger, dread, success. Anything can be conveyed. Not to forget the iconic music from the movies.

Eonmoon
March 13th, 2016, 10:05
teamspeaks doable, as is skupe, name there is eeveeeon ( I grew up with pokemon at the age I could have been a starting trainer myself and vees were my favorite then, ninetales and delphox now) as to the game, hmm, will see whats left after people has made their choices, I have played a age of the empire module, but starting on the rim is perfectly fine for me.

edit. hmm, looking thru the starters, pash the smuggler sounds good if no one want wants him

Artaron
March 13th, 2016, 10:34
Go for it !!! Pash's talents will come well handy !
We thought you were going for Mathus.
I think we could still really use him (brilliant, tough in a fight, very good at tech/mechanics, computers, astrogation, knowledge and medicine !)
Perhaps Batman13 will want him.

Eonmoon
March 13th, 2016, 13:36
I don't mind playing any of them, however in the proper games, I will be a farghul engineer/ sabotage expert, its a clone of sorts to my former game, and I liked playing him as a space khajiit

Artaron
March 13th, 2016, 14:01
Might as well play Mathus then because it sounds like he's the closes to what you'll actually play. You can rebuild as a Farghul after the beginner adventure which should be pretty short.

Hurske
March 13th, 2016, 16:08
I actually am pretty sure batman is playing Mathus, I'll load in the premade from the other beginner set if need be if Eonmoon want to do a techie also here, the party will be good at fixing and hacking into things lol.

Artaron
March 13th, 2016, 17:07
Ah nevermind then. So were good for tomorrow?
Consdering session one always has hicups I'd be willing to start an hour early if it works for you guys. If not then see you at the scehduled time.

Hurske
March 13th, 2016, 17:52
Lol, we need to talk about that. Daylight savings time flew over my head, so the start time might be different for some, I think batman and where some others might be from. I'll have the session open early though to get a head start on things

Eonmoon
March 13th, 2016, 18:47
the current time is 1:45 EDT, currently waking up for my fantasycraft game as a noodle dragon drake species , will talk later.

Hurske
March 13th, 2016, 22:28
Everyone check your times, since I hit daylight savings time, 9am pst might be one hour earlier for you.

Artaron
March 13th, 2016, 22:49
Looks the same time for me.
So are we using teamspeak? If so do you have a sever ? I know there's a public FG one

Hurske
March 13th, 2016, 23:00
We will use the public TS. It works well, and we have other options if need be.

My game address is on the Calendar page, connect to that and I will tell you all the info for the public TS if you don't already know it.

Ill be up in the morning working on the game (SUPER EXCITED!!!), so anyone can connect early.

Artaron
March 13th, 2016, 23:55
Me too ! There's something personal about star wars that makes me feel a bit like the day before leaving on a trip :)

bigboom
March 14th, 2016, 02:45
I'm interested as well. Hurske, I've dropped you a PM - let me know what you think!

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 04:09
Sent you a message Bigboom

Eonmoon
March 14th, 2016, 05:44
had first nap, will be getting another after late meal and a shower. been going thru stuff for my old build. will need to find how many creds we get if we build a new pc. sofar thinking smuggler boomkitty (found a cat in han solo outfit) also found that my light repeater blaster is in a side book and need a ruling on that https://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment/weapons/204/

Artaron
March 14th, 2016, 09:09
hmm a light blaster combining auto-fire and stun. Awesome !
I think the generic character creation money is 500 but the pregens have better equipment.
You can take more obligation for more money but I feel I'd rather do this for extra xp.
I personally feel the starting money should be increased "for free"to allow a minimum working character.
I saw a post about how as a slicer for example you couldn't afford both a slicing computer (your main tool) and a blaster.
Anyway let's see how it goes. I'm not worried.

Your main issue with that gun though is not the price, it's that it's Restricted (R) so not directly purchaseable in a regular "shop" and may need a permit or special favor.
You can work towards it with your contacts/patrons/other. I know my character will also be aming for Restricted gear like a battle armor.

Eonmoon
March 14th, 2016, 10:37
in last game we went with knight level play. 9k creds or a lightsaber

Artaron
March 14th, 2016, 11:09
Cool!

I don't know if we should start at knight level per se but I guess could discuss additional cash/xp between today and the actual character creation.

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 14:08
How you all meet is up to you, but you are all a bunch of ragtag people scrounging around on the outer rim, going to start with a little less credits ;) You gonna have to earn that reputation.

Artaron
March 14th, 2016, 15:41
And we will!

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 15:59
Game starts in one hour!!

Eonmoon
March 14th, 2016, 16:20
im up, on the site too, going to get my grubby paws on the light blaster first, soon as I find a imperial soldier or such who has it I can steal from, or from a armory, upgrades will come in time,. also my last gm said the R in the cost isn't rarity, rather its restricted to imperial soldier and such, so if caught with it you had better have a very very good excuse

Artaron
March 14th, 2016, 16:32
excuse, license, status, affiliation etc.
There's a lot of ways to get and legitimately keep such equipment but they involve RP/favors/services etc.

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 16:34
Ill go with the age old approved approach of finding someone carrying said item, punching him in the face and running off into the sunset at full speed while laughing into the wind with glee...

Artaron
March 14th, 2016, 16:56
Aaand you could do that :)
Server open?

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 16:57
Yes sir, address is

dead idol meek xorn

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 16:58
Ksathra where you at!

Artaron
March 14th, 2016, 17:02
Ah great.
I've been trying for the past half hour but when I copy pasted the server name from the calendar it added a space before it and thus FG couldn't find it

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 17:03
Doh!

Blahness98
March 14th, 2016, 17:36
Still looking for one more? I might be interested, or at least curious how this goes..

--edit: Just saw the start time on this one.. might be a little too late on this one..

Hurske
March 14th, 2016, 22:08
Yeah sorry Blahness98, we wrapped up the first game an hour ago, it went well mostly,definitely learned places we need to familiarize ourselves rule wise. Apply on the calendar and ill send you some messages later.

Eonmoon
March 15th, 2016, 07:19
just woke up and finaly got on the computer after brother watched a movie. plenty of fun was had but we do have rough patches to polish up on.
now as to the server, will it be left up most of the time for us to build our own sheets? or should we have stuff written down for the next session and do it then ( btw, im free for weekly games or biweekly, on disability so don't have much to do, other then run gran to her appointments)

Ksathra
March 15th, 2016, 07:42
I was thinking of making a Chadra-fan Politico character. Social character, maybe go into Doctor as well. I think someone is going for Mechanics, Computers and stuff like that right?

Eonmoon
March 15th, 2016, 07:45
im looking at the rogue class, there is pilot, scoundrel and thief, thinking of going thief and pilot to start, bump up my strength a bit and buy a few skills.my pc is going to be mostly sneaky yoink~ type, tho having pilot skills is good. lots of skullduggery for free too

Eonmoon
March 15th, 2016, 07:52
Brawn 1 Cunning 2
Presence 3 Agility 2
Intellect 2 Willpower 2
this is a farghuls base stats, going to be investing a point or two into brawn, one into agility to bring them to 2/3 brawn, 3 agility for strong and nimble, tho just having 2 brawn lets me carry a heavy loadout backpack , also farghuls start with a rank of convincing demeanor skill, and a rank in deceit or skullduggery, starting as a thief I can make that 2 skullduggery before I even buy those skills

Artaron
March 15th, 2016, 10:41
Eonmoon you also have the Gunslinger, Charmer and Gambler specializations for the soundrel (Fly Casual)

Eonmoon
March 15th, 2016, 11:35
hmmm, interesting choices. well with farghuls we are a race of conmen and soundrels, out to trick people of their credits. however if someone figures how we did it we show them as with that we are honorable thieves, so maybe some charm or gambler can be added

edit. completely missed the sidebooks, glanced over the folder but its not in the main book spot

Hurske
March 15th, 2016, 15:23
Yup, take a look at the sidebooks, they will be included for starting creation.

I would like you all to create your character in my Fantasy Grounds, as I need to copy all the info relevant to the skills, talents and such. You can message me through Skype, or FG email, my phone is always near me and ill get the notice pretty quick.

Lets try and get the creation done before next game, so we can start off playing and not be stuck waiting with creation during the session, looks like I just have to see if Batman is able to run weekly games, sent him a message, just waiting on a reply.

Eonmoon
March 15th, 2016, 16:07
well im will be assembling my kitty, probly a charming scoundrel, will need to assemble my levels, and gather my gear. we start with 500 creds unless we take some of the favors? I cant think what it is right now, haven't really slept all night and its near noon now. but anyway going to have a sneakthief or a charmer, probly bit of both, foes please be aware you will be losing your gear, wether thru guile or charm, it will soon be kitty loot,

Blahness98
March 15th, 2016, 16:14
Yeah sorry Blahness98, we wrapped up the first game an hour ago, it went well mostly,definitely learned places we need to familiarize ourselves rule wise. Apply on the calendar and ill send you some messages later.

Applied.

Hurske
March 15th, 2016, 17:00
Alright, ill have the FG open on my end all morning, I need to run some errands, feel free to connect at any time and start building your character.

Blahness you can also if you know how to build a character, although we are ONLY USING Edge of the empire books, so NO Age of rebellion and force stuff. All races from ALL books are open though, email me through FG if you need anything, ill still look at my phone every now and then.

Hurske
March 15th, 2016, 21:19
Ok, we are running weekly games, so next game will be the 21st at 9am PST.

Blahness98
March 16th, 2016, 03:37
Without knowing what the rest of the group is planning, I won't know the exact character I want to play. Don't want to over load the group on smugglers and what not.. Also, could you accept me on the calendar page?

Hurske
March 16th, 2016, 06:12
Accepted you are!

Right now, from what I am seeing, we have a "voice" of the party, Bounty Hunter, a deft fingered explosives loving character, most likely someone who is going to be very techie based.

Artaron
March 16th, 2016, 07:33
Hi Blahness and welcome !
As Hurske said we have the "voice", a politico. We have a sneaky/charming smuggler with some piloting, a techie with a thing for explosives and a heavily armed, heavily armored bounty hunter.
Good to have you on the team. The first session was really fun !
I'll think later of all the skills and what I hope we got covered.

Artaron
March 16th, 2016, 14:27
Oh we could use a tank! In the beginner game we had a high brawn wookie berzerker wielding a vibro axe.
Any high brawn character would fit. Hits super hard and very tough to take down. Great for bottlenecking ennemies and forcing them to engage while we shoot at them. Could synergize well.
But of course play a character that you enjoy. :)

Hurske
March 16th, 2016, 14:36
No tanks! if you think I am going to let you play as some kind of transformer talking robot tank thing, I mean, how would you fit onto a startship, OOHHH So then you want to be able to fly, so you want a sentient flying tank droid, but OH! you want upgrades, so now you want its cannon to be like the death star green beam of death..I THINK NOOOOOOT!

Hurske
March 16th, 2016, 14:41
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that is what waking up too early, loaded with a bunch of energy drinks does to me, first thing that popped into my head was a transformer....ok, now I am going back to sleep :p

Artaron
March 16th, 2016, 16:39
Hurske you scared me there for a second, man ! Go back to sleep. I meant tank in a metaphorical way. A strongman to physically rip arms and protect us. Like Lowhrick did earlier this week. Not optimus prime or bumblebee, or actual flying tank for that matter.

Hurske
March 16th, 2016, 16:41
lol I know what you meant Artaron xD

Eonmoon
March 17th, 2016, 14:05
heh, my game we had a battle droid, soak 8 with heavy gunnery and strength, he was my shield, I was his kitty bomber, he could shrug off most mook attacks, tho he took a lot of damage when pincered between several storm troopers. including a high ranked trooper sargent or captain. not sure. we managed to shank the boss trooper, and stole his stuff. infact I stole a LOT of their grenades and a heavy blaster

Hurske
March 17th, 2016, 14:55
Yeah, I have a feeling things are gonna get interesting once you get your hands on things that explode

Eonmoon
March 17th, 2016, 17:23
/me grins very very very widely " sabotage kitty sneaks where he is needed, makes sure traps are set to blow up

Huddagh
March 17th, 2016, 18:23
Hello all - is there a place open? I would like to play a Wookie if there is a space. Thanks. (or should I say Tanks...sorry couldn't resist a bad joke)

tlavalle
March 17th, 2016, 22:08
i am just wondering if you have any room. I can't seem to find the game on the calendar.

Eonmoon
March 18th, 2016, 07:19
will imput last of data tomorrow, went with taking 5 extra obligation for 1k creds. got 200 left for boom stuff,

Eonmoon
March 18th, 2016, 07:34
https://imgur.com/gallery/1tnLYSr starwars lexicon if you wannna learn to write in aubesh?

Artaron
March 18th, 2016, 15:04
Huddagh and Tlvalle I see Hurske hasn't replied yet on this thread. I believe our group is full right now.

Hurske
March 19th, 2016, 06:01
I sent both of them messages detailing the situation.

Hurske
March 19th, 2016, 06:02
Lock in your power packs and prepare for blasting out of hyperspace. Most everything is ready for the next session!

Eonmoon
March 19th, 2016, 14:08
would you have the server up, I would like to finish my own setup. just send a poke via Skype to let me know when its up. cause its not up now

Artaron
March 19th, 2016, 16:03
I think its a bit early for Hurske give him a couple of hours

Hurske
March 19th, 2016, 16:13
its up!

Eonmoon
March 19th, 2016, 16:58
thanks, drag and drop made it extreamly simple to add in my gear. much more fun then the maptool version I played, now on to Monday

( hmm, this one is unsure if he packed everything, however m'jhera will do his best. that is all anyone can ask of this one.)

edit, khajiits in spaaaaaceee~ will be talking in khajiit format for the games, so forgive if a little odd n,n

Artaron
March 19th, 2016, 17:24
Yeah it sounded khajit when I read it !
Hurske if you can leave it open or teopen it later I'll be on in a couple hours

Hurske
March 19th, 2016, 19:27
ill leave it open for next couple hours, doing prep for mondays game

Eonmoon
March 19th, 2016, 21:58
whelp no game with friends for today and possibly tomorrow, one is sick and the other who is the roommate took him to the ER last night and took forever to get meds, so ones sick, both exhausted. and im bored and groggy now

Hurske
March 20th, 2016, 02:42
That sucks, sorry to hear mate. Looks like we will be down one player on Monday, but still running 4 strong, can't wait!

Hurske
March 21st, 2016, 03:55
Game day tomorrow!!

Eonmoon
March 21st, 2016, 12:49
its almost 8 am eastern time, game is in 4 hours at noon. the kitty is gonna cat nap a bit more, didn't sleep well after taking gran to 10 cloverfield lane last night

Artaron
March 21st, 2016, 16:18
Locked and Loaded for the session.
May be a good time to introduce our characters.

My character is Kelton Korr, Kel to his few close friends,a Human Bounty Hunter.
Kelton is a great shot and pilot, but is also gifted in tracking down targets and obtaining information in the criminal underworld.
Tall and well built, he sports short, parted dark hair and a stubble. He wears heavy customized armor and carries a heavy blaster rifle.

Half Mandalorian, half Corellian, Kelton was born on Concord Dawn in the Mandalor System. Kelton is a Mandalorian warrior of Clan Korr, House Viszla. His father was a Mandalorian warrior and former member of Death Watch and subsequently the Mandalorian Protectors. His mother was an spaceship engineer, who worked for MandalMotors. After the Death Watch coup, Kelton and his family moved to Mandalore. Following the defeat of Mandalore the Resurrector and his Protectors a few years later, as well as the gradual increase of Imperial presence on Mandalore, Kelton had to move once again and relocated to Coronet, where his mother became an executive at the Corellian Engineering Corporation.
Never quite fitting in the culturally different Corellia, it did acquaintain him with the Core Worlds.
When he came of age, Kelton enlisted with C-Sec as cadet, hoping to find kindred spirits. He was dissapointed, however and left right after graduating from the academy.
Wanting to travel off-world, he took on a job as a test pilot for the CEC. While he was comfortable in the pilot seat, this calling did not quite sate his thirst for adventure and excitement.
During his travels, he travelled back to Mandalore, and while having a drink at the Oyu'baat, Mandalore's oldest cantina, he made the acquaintance of Kannen Doom and beautiful and deadly bounty hunter with the uncanny ability of aging extremely slow, which allowed her to look young and stay in peak shape. Kannen took him her wing and trained him in the art of navigating the criminal underworld, tracking, and in using a range of weapons and devices to get his target no matter what. They lived in Coruscant for a couple of years.
Kelton took to the life, having found his calling.
When her own travels took her elsewhere, Kelton joined the Bounty Hunters guild with the ambition to make a name for himself as an A-list hunter.
At the behest of the guild, Kelton, is currently operating in the lawless Outer Rim, taking guild and freelance bounties.
While in the Out Rim he took on a job to track down a criminal gang. While on the job he rescued genius weaponsmaker and outlaw tech Disouki, and the twon became natural partners due to their complementary skills.

Recently, Kelton worked for Teemo the Hutt on Tatooine, but the jealousy from Teemo's court and low-life local hunters, he was betrayed, cheated out of his due bounty and marked for death by Teemo. Kelton managed to escape with a ragtag group of smugglers and mercenaries aboard a stolen ship, including his partner Disouki. Deprived of most of his gear, he has credits to earn and a score to settle.

Personality-wise Kelton is a pragmatic and calculating person. Despite his limited experience, he considers himself a professional and strives to act as such.
He holds in high regard the Resol'nare, the Mandalorian creed. He carefully selects, maintains and customizes his gear to his need. His armor is customized similar to the traditional Mandalorian armor worn by death watch and Protectors, however with additional inspiration from the great bounty hunter powertechs of the Bounty Hunter Guild under the old republic. His armor is designed to evoke awe and fear in customers, targets and anyone who gets in his way.
His equipment being seized by Teemo's agents, Kelton's priority is to construct himself a new and better armor with plans to add the trademark jetpack and armor gadgets as soon as possible.
He will do almost anything to achieve his goals, although he will try and keep 'civilians' out of harms way.
While he's willing to mix with the worst of the Outer Rim, he is against the practice of slavery.
He does not shy from a firefight, where he uses a heavy blaster rifle as his weapon of choice.
Growing up among Mandalorians who fought in the Clone Wars, he has heard of the exploits of the Jedi. He knows them to be powerful and worthy adversaries.
He believes they have all but disappeared today. While he does not deny the existence of the Force, he pays little heed to it, and prefers to be in the here and now.
He has a rather negative view of the Empire overall, but at the same time holds an Imperial Peace-Keeping Certificate. Imperial jobs are often posted where the Empire has little presence or does not want to get its hands dirty and credits are credits...
Having lost everything, he intends to stay with the crew that has assembled on the Krayt Fang, at least for the time being...

Eonmoon
March 21st, 2016, 16:41
very nice. will need to see what I can come up with, as a aside,. does anyone have a game they want to trade on steam? I got the square enix easter bundle at the last minute, and have code for deus ex humsn revolution directors cut, and sleeping dogs definitive edition that I can trade the code to ( im keeping ff 8 and 13-2,) also unsure if I want to trade or keep quantum conundrum. names eonmoon on steam, give me a message here or on steam itself

Eonmoon
March 21st, 2016, 16:55
hmm, will need to flesh out a backstory of my own, was writing something here and accidently deleated the page

Hurske
March 21st, 2016, 21:10
Good session everyone, felt a lot more smooth than the first game which is good. Plus, you now have a speeder!

Artaron
March 22nd, 2016, 00:07
Great session, I loved it ! Great to continue our adventure together, it did feel smoother.
Hurske thank you for making it feel exciting ! As I said, I really like your use of sound effects (music, alarm, speeder, astromech...) so keep up the awesome preparation work.

I feel for Ksathra's benefit and ease of play that everyone should get at least the BASE session xp and story milestone xp even if the miss a session.
This is based on the principle that we will put effort into being present at most sessions, and warn in advance, when possiblle, if we know we'll be late or absent, to give Hurske the ability to prepare his session accordingly.

Today we ran with just the 4 pcs. I don't personally mind if you use my character while I'm not available. Looking at how we cover mostly distinct specialities and skills, we might need a character's involvment. What do you guys think on this matter?

Ksathra, we haven't earned much in terms of 'loot', but we seemed to agree that if a character needs/wants a particular item he gets it, and if no one claims it we hold it on the ship either as a collective resource or to be sold later.

All cool stuff, today. Varied session between space combat, ground assault, travelling and engaging the Twil'ek. Good job everyone !
I like how each of us gets to shine in their own way. Can't wait till next week !

Ksathra
March 22nd, 2016, 03:49
I'm super disappointed that I ended up missing it. I have 3 games on monday and missed them all because my Ride left late to come back :/ but its a vacation so...

Artaron
March 22nd, 2016, 09:02
Yeah you missed a fun session but there are many more coming up !

Ducky119
March 22nd, 2016, 11:00
if there is still room i would like to see if this interests me if that is possible. And also, why Mondays?

damned
March 22nd, 2016, 11:31
if there is still room i would like to see if this interests me if that is possible. And also, why Mondays?

After 133 posts with that title I dont care WHAT day - Im just glad there IS a day :)

Batman13
March 22nd, 2016, 12:42

Artaron
March 22nd, 2016, 15:05
That pretty much sums it lol :)

Hurske
March 22nd, 2016, 16:19
Lol that comic

Hurske
March 22nd, 2016, 16:22
Sorry Ducky, groups full. If anything should happen though I'll let you know.

As for Monday... Well... Why not? ;)
I live in sin city, so my schedule isn't the norm, Monday is my weekend.

Hurske
March 22nd, 2016, 16:23
After 133 posts with that title I dont care WHAT day - Im just glad there IS a day :)

Lol Damned, I never expected this thread to blow up the way it did, but I like it!

Eonmoon
March 22nd, 2016, 20:42
hehe, someone loves wookies in that comic, but its quite easy to understand the dice

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2016, 20:45
but its quite easy to understand the dice
I've ran many intro games for Star Wars: Edge of the Empire and I'm always surprised how quickly people pick up the dice mechanic. Playing on Fantasy Grounds has the added bonus of the ruleset doing all the dice cancellations for you and quickly giving you the end result.

Hurske
March 22nd, 2016, 22:00
I absolutely love the automation that fantasy grounds does, calculating the result of success and failure, with advantage. Makes determiming the result instant.

Hurske
March 24th, 2016, 03:52
Alright fellas, I'm definitely looking forward to next game, I'm starting to adjust the module to include my own creations and events now.

I'm also would like everyone to create a motivation for their character, something I can use for in game.

Eonmoon
March 27th, 2016, 15:07
first, happy easter, second, sent the thing off ta ya a bit ago. third, hope everyone will feel well for a game tomorrow, and not be stuck in a suger coma

Artaron
March 27th, 2016, 17:40
Happy Easter to those celebrating. Some of us have changed to summer time since last session. Don't forget to account for that !

Hurske
March 27th, 2016, 17:41
Happy Easter!! Prepare yourselves for tomorrow!!

Artaron
March 27th, 2016, 17:44
Kelton's motivations will be Ambition (Greed and Expertise in bounty hunting) & Spirituality (Mandalorian warrior way).
How about you guys ?

Eonmoon
March 28th, 2016, 03:03
will tell in game, however gamefans, the time is currently 10pm, so 14 hours till gametime people, see you soon

Hurske
March 29th, 2016, 06:32
Alright people, here is the first draft of the deckplan of the ship.

Artaron
March 29th, 2016, 17:51
Looks terrific !!! Looking forward to the last bits and pieces.
Kelton call dibs on the top-right cabin (and is looking for a new chair - don't ask) not that it really matters ingame.
I really love that we have a lounge, medbay, workshop etc.
We chose well, it's the perfect ship for our current needs.

Giddoen
March 29th, 2016, 18:35
Hi all John here in the swamps of Louisiana! :-)

Looking to get some Star WArs gameplay in....I'm a GM most of the time but would love to play...I have a FG license and have played a few games with it but never GM'd any (looking to change that soon!)

If your looking for another seasoned player I would love the opportunity to give it a go. the time works for me as I'm currently unemployed and free!

cheers..
JP

Hurske
March 29th, 2016, 19:01
Here you go Art, a brand new seat in your room!

*EDIT*
Brand new furniture!!!!

Hurske
March 29th, 2016, 19:19
Hi John, unfortunately the group is full. Good luck finding a group! There are a few other posts around the forum for Star Wars

Hi all John here in the swamps of Louisiana! :-)

Looking to get some Star WArs gameplay in....I'm a GM most of the time but would love to play...I have a FG license and have played a few games with it but never GM'd any (looking to change that soon!)

If your looking for another seasoned player I would love the opportunity to give it a go. the time works for me as I'm currently unemployed and free!

cheers..
JP

Artaron
March 30th, 2016, 01:20
You didn't !!!!!!!!
I'm coming for you !!!

Ksathra
March 30th, 2016, 15:00
oh man he gets his own Privy in his room and a Fireplace :P I'll just bunk with him.

Artaron
March 31st, 2016, 12:30
Well I guess you're sillouette 0 you don't take much space :D

Giddoen
April 1st, 2016, 00:19
Hi John, unfortunately the group is full. Good luck finding a group! There are a few other posts around the forum for Star Wars

Thank you I will look around...have fun...

Hurske
April 2nd, 2016, 20:33
Alright, I just grabbed the Special Modifications book this morning! Yay for droid building.

Artaron
April 2nd, 2016, 22:42
Awesome ! I look forward to the new tech !
Disouki ! Apparently there's a new Modder tree for specializing in tweaking and improving personal gear and starship systems ! And another one for Droid building !

Eonmoon
April 3rd, 2016, 01:16
https://imgur.com/gallery/Med3i have some mandolorian lore, also awaiting Monday game

Artaron
April 4th, 2016, 11:12
Thanks for Sharing Eonmoon. Looks like this treats with the KOTOR era Mandalorians, whom I knew a little from KOTOR and SWTOR games and comics.
Most of my inspiration for my character came from the more modern Mandalorians (Phantom Menace-Clone Wars era). There were some great story arcs in the clone wars, and some jango fett prequel comics that were very informative. Also a couple of appearances in the new Rebels show

Blahness98
April 4th, 2016, 17:00
Excuse the late notice, but I will not be able to attend this week's game. I am on the wife's **** list again and don't want to piss her off more than I have to.

Hurske
April 7th, 2016, 02:23
Bummer you missed the session Blahness, you didn't get to participate in the genius plan thought up of overdosing that pesky Hutt that was bothering the party... Well now they need to attend with Jabba the Hutt haha!

Hope to see you next session, this is going to be a complete new Arc made by myself, before we jump onto the main book adventure.

Undead_Dragon
April 11th, 2016, 04:59
Still have a spot open? :D

Ksathra
April 11th, 2016, 06:34
lol. By Genius plan he means, passing joke that was taking far too seriously and just fell more and more into place as things were further discovered.

Blahness98
April 11th, 2016, 13:38
Well.. I will be there for the fall out of the actions, so I will see you all in a few hours.

Hurske
April 16th, 2016, 21:41
Game in two days!!