PDA

View Full Version : LFPlayers - Thursday and/or Saturday Evening C&C Games

JohnD
March 7th, 2016, 22:35
I have two Castles & Crusades campaigns that have had a little player attrition due to an unavoidable change in game nights.

The first game is Thursday evenings from 7 - 9:30 PM Central time. In this a new player would likely be assuming control over their selection of recently vacated PCs which will likely be 3rd level, as are the majority of the characters in this campaign. There is the option of creating a new PC, but new characters start roughly one level of XP behind existing PCs. This campaign has been ongoing since the fall of 2013. I have up to two spots in this game.

The second game is Saturday evenings from 8 - 11 PM Central time (possibly a little earlier or later depending on the situation). In this a new player would have the choice of assuming a recently vacated PC (Human Cleric of Kelanen), or generating a new one, which probably should also be a Cleric since the party will not have one otherwise. This game has been going a relatively short time; you would be joining in the 3rd or 4th session. I have one spot in this game.

I know 5E is the big juggernaut right now... but I see a lot of posts with people looking for a game and apparently not finding one. So, if you are interested in expanding your horizons, feel free to post here and/or PM me. C&C is an "old school" ruleset known for being very fast paced and easy to pick up for a new player. I run games where everyone in the party is needed in order to survive, and I take a very old school approaching to GMing. If you are a 40s+ something player with memories of the old books from the late 1970s and early 1980s, these are probably the games for you. We are playing through a classic AD&D campaign adventure.

Both campaigns follow roughly a game every 2nd week scheduling wise, however there are times where we have a weekly game or go three weeks between games; it all depends on availability.

Come on and get in a game instead of wondering how and when you're finally going to find something. Extremely 'newbie' friendly with respect to the ruleset and FG experience. I am not against the same player joining both campaigns if it works out like that.

Mortar
March 27th, 2016, 18:03
You have any takers on this? I would better able to participate in your thursday game (I'm on Atlantic time, and saturdays at that time is previously scheduled "wife" time - she likes watching hockey :) )

JohnD
March 27th, 2016, 18:58
Hi Mortar. Both games are generally full, but there's always room for one more, especially in the Thursday game.

Fair disclosure - I have a family medical situation that has taken me away from gaming probably until late April (I am in a rural area with an unreliable and slow internet connection). If that isn't an issue for you, drop me a PM and we can get you added so that down the road, you'll have a spot.

Mortar
March 27th, 2016, 23:50
No issue at all with me. I have the C&C rule set, just have only ever played a single one shot in it - and that was shortly after stumbling across FG

Adventurer1
April 9th, 2016, 00:30
Hello JohnD....I am brand new to FG. Also, I fit your "Old School" description quite well. I am looking to see if there are any openings in your Saturday night game... obviously I see that you are looking at a small delay right now, until the end of April, no biggie for me at all. Anyhow, I am looking to get into the VTT side of C&C, but I am a novice overall. I have played a little bit of D&D over 25 years ago, and tried to get a C&C group together (live play) a year or so ago...but alas, to no avail.

Well, just getting into things so was looking to learn a lot more.

thanks
Adventurer1

damned
April 9th, 2016, 01:05
Welcoem Adventurer1.
You might like to pop in and have a peek at FG Con and see if any of those games running will suit your availability for a one shot.
There is a DCC One Shot that just lost a lot of players.
DCC is an old school style game with quite a distinctive flavour.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fgcon8-banner-04.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 8 – Invite A Friend April 8-10th 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Adventurer1
April 9th, 2016, 01:13
Thank you Damned....

I will definitely give a look-see at it...

Sorry to be ignorant, but what does DCC stand for?

damned
April 9th, 2016, 01:37
Dungeon Crawl Classics - https://www.fg-con.com/events/dcc-stardust-jeweller/
They started making lts of old school style modules and then wrote their own 500 page game.
Game starts in 20mins - except it only has one player. If you have time please jump in on TS server.
Teamspeak: ts.fg-con.com Pass: Dungeoneers
You need a Headset and Mic and a demo/free (or better) copy of Fantasy Grounds.

leozelig
April 9th, 2016, 02:59
Sorry, cancelled the game with only one player. Maybe another time.

Adventurer1
April 10th, 2016, 15:22
I have extended family in town and couldn't pull anything off this quick...(sad face emoji). anyhow - thank you damned for the DCC response...shows how rusty I am. once I read it, I remembered. well, still interested and I will keep watching to see if any C&C comes to life that will work for me.

thanks

JohnD
April 10th, 2016, 16:49
Hello JohnD....I am brand new to FG. Also, I fit your "Old School" description quite well. I am looking to see if there are any openings in your Saturday night game... obviously I see that you are looking at a small delay right now, until the end of April, no biggie for me at all. Anyhow, I am looking to get into the VTT side of C&C, but I am a novice overall. I have played a little bit of D&D over 25 years ago, and tried to get a C&C group together (live play) a year or so ago...but alas, to no avail.

Well, just getting into things so was looking to learn a lot more.

thanks
Adventurer1

Hi there. I will have a better idea of what the future holds by April 21st, assuming nothing changes between now and then. Feel free to drop me a PM and we can touch base around that time.

Adventurer1
April 13th, 2016, 02:19
sounds good....will attempt to pm you then.

thx
Adventurer1