PDA

View Full Version : question on linking item in equipment packs

evilmouse
March 7th, 2016, 20:03
i have packs listed when tranfer to a sheet it dont populate13291 and i try make auto populate13292

evilmouse
March 7th, 2016, 20:04
How you make it auto populate?

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2016, 20:13
The equipment packs have to be specially built in the modules to allow auto-population. I think this is something that Par5E might be able to do, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know whether it can be done. Hopefully, one of the other community members more familiar with Par5E may be able to answer that part.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2016, 21:26
Here's the par5e code for a sample backpack. Put them at the end of your equipment.txt file i.e. after the list part.

Burglar's Pack. Includes a backpack, a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days of rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
#si;Backpack (empty);1 Ball bearings (1,000);1 String (10 feet);Bell;5 Candle;Crowbar;Hammer;10 Piton;Lantern, hooded;2 Oil (flask);5 Rations (1 day);Tinderbox;Waterskin;Rope, hempen (50 feet);

evilmouse
March 7th, 2016, 22:24
its not working and parse5e docs dont have info.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2016, 22:46
It does work, because I've just tested it. You are correct in that this isn't noted in the documentation. For it to work you will need to have all of the items listed in the pack in the actual equipment list and of course the syntax has to be correct with no errors.