PDA

View Full Version : New ruleset update in beta testing

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2016, 18:53
Dakadin has submitted an update to the Rolemaster Classic product. In order to get more feedback before release, we are posting in the Test channel.

You can access this versions by selecting Test mode in the FG Settings, and re-updating.

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
March 7th, 2016, 19:07
Changes in Rolemaster Classic v1.7
Highlights
Token Enhancements
• Targeting can now be done using the FG regular token targeting as long as the Combat Tracker is open.
• Attack rolls can now be dropped on tokens to resolve the attacks against that target
• Effects can now be dropped on Tokens.
Phased Combat
• Added Combat Round Phase support to the Combat Tracker
• Added Preference for Number of Phases to Include (Only works with 1-9 phases per round)
• Hide Phase Information if 1 Phase is selected in Preferences
• Defaults to 1 Phase to maintain compatibility with current system
Combat Tracker Rest Menu
• A Rest menu has been added to the Combat Tracker menu which has options to rest for 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, or 24 hours or remove all hits, PP, and/or effects. Resting will a set number of hours will recover hits equal to the hours rested and all PP if resting for at least 8 hours.
Stat Generation, Stat Gain and Skill Development Improvements
• Error messages have been added to handle situations where the Apply button is pressed before all the rolls have completed in the Stat Generation and Stat Gain windows.
• Summary chat messages have been added when clicking the Apply button in the Stat Generation and Stat Gain windows.
• Summary messages now appear in chat when adding or removing ranks in the Skill Development window.
Other Changes
• Attack rolls can now be dropped on the name of entries in the Combat Tracker. This will select the entry as the target and roll the attack.
• Attack rolls can now be made with no target selected
• A new radial menu option (Reset Round to 1) has been added to the menu of the Combat Tracker which will reset the combat round to 1 and remove the turn completed check box from all the entries in the Combat Tracker.
• Changed sorting of Combat Tracker entries needs to be more than just Initiative. It now sorts by Initiative, then Quickness bonus, then Quickness temporary stat.
• Added Preference for x2 and x4 Exhaustion Multipliers based on Damage as per Character Law.
• Added Preference to update effects at the end of a combatants turn instead of the end of the round.
• Added Preference to skip combatants at or below zero hits
• Added Preference to send a message to chat when attack results or critical effects are applied to an entry in the Combat Tracker or a token.
• Spells can be dragged from other lists to custom spell lists.
• Fixed – Double clicking Skill Total field produces an error.
• Fixed – Modules wouldn’t always load for players.
• Fixed – Distance calculation for diagonal distances
• Fixed – GM Portrait not showing in chat for calendar messages.
• Fixed – Custom Spell Lists
• Fixed – Herbs can't be edited when first added from Character Law.
• Fixed – Mounts and Transport can't be edited when first added from Character Law.
• Fixed – Framedefs with dimensions less than the minimum size of 4.
• Fixed – The skill development window would reset all skills to primary skills if Character Law wasn’t opened.

Dakadin
March 8th, 2016, 07:18
You will need to use a new version of the Optional Rules Extension with RMC v1.7. Use Optional Rules v0.4 with RMC v1.7 and Optional Rules v0.1 with RMC v1.6. If you use the wrong extension, the chat messages for apply effects and the rest menu won't work properly.

The latest version of the extension can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21208-Extension-with-Select-Optional-Rules&p=176691#post176691

Dakadin
March 8th, 2016, 07:40
I put together a basic document explaining how to do Stat Generation and Stat Gain in RMC v1.7. It's been in RMC since v1.5 but I made a few enhancement which should make it more stable and usable. Please let me know if you find any errors in it since I didn't spend too much time proof reading it.

If you find it useful let me know and I will put together a few more. Just let me know if there are any features in particular you would like to see.

pauljmendoza
March 9th, 2016, 07:06
Oh! This is the CoreRpg version?!

Dakadin
March 9th, 2016, 07:08
Oh! This is the CoreRpg version?!

Not yet. That is still a ways off. This version was initially a bug fix version but then I decided I would add a few other things to make it a bit more worthwhile. :)

pauljmendoza
March 9th, 2016, 07:15
Nice!

pauljmendoza
March 9th, 2016, 07:17
Glad my Extended Bonuses extension still works :) Our monstrously statted characters survive yet!

Ardem
March 11th, 2016, 02:26
This is a great extension being beta testing it and it make battles with more then 5 enemy NPC now viable.

Dakadin
March 21st, 2016, 00:21
I noticed an issue with the rest menus when using the Optional Rules extension. In post #3 above, I uploaded a new version (0.3) of the extension to resolve the issues.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Arion
March 23rd, 2016, 13:48
I tried using the beta version but had several problems.

The library did not always populate for the players, and the modules seemed to close themselves for the players when the module screen was closed. In addition, at one point we had a blank left library pane, but you could still click at the top and open one of the books...

Also, when you drag the damage from the weapon table to a character in the combat tracker, it did not add the damage on. Critical effects have to be dragged directly to the effects line, otherwise they will not be added either.

Dakadin
March 24th, 2016, 01:19
Thanks for the feedback Arion.

The modules occasionally need to be reopened by the players. Once opened and downloaded it should keep them open. Did it close them when the module window was closed?

If you have the library window open when you open a module, the icon for that module doesn't get loaded until you close and reopen the library window.

When you were dragging the effects to the characters in the combat tracker were you dropping it on the character's name or damage? Those are the only two field configured to receive the effect. One other option with the beta is you can drop the effects on the tokens on the map if they are linked to the combat tracker. You can link them by dragging the token from the combat tracker to the map.

Please let me know if you see any other issues.

Thanks,
Dakadin

pauljmendoza
March 24th, 2016, 21:10
I would love to see a quick document like the stat gain one, for skills. I could have sworn it was auto-calculating way back when.

Dakadin
March 25th, 2016, 03:00
I will try to put something together for skills over the next couple days.

pauljmendoza
March 25th, 2016, 05:14
I will try to put something together for skills over the next couple days.

Thank you so much :)