PDA

View Full Version : Updated to 3.1.7 but does not run

astromath
March 7th, 2016, 05:14
I just updated FG to 3.1.7. Now when I try to start FG, it does not start. I brought up task manager to watch what happens. When I start FG, it briefly appears under background processes, then disappears. This problem just started after updating to 3.1.7. I'm going to try updating again by running the updater directly. If successful, I will reply here. Otherwise, what else can I do????

astromath
March 7th, 2016, 05:53
Still doing the same thing after updating. FG is now useless. I paid $300 and some dollars for FG and a bunch of 5e supplements. Does this mean I just wasted my money????

astromath
March 7th, 2016, 08:52
BTW, I did try uninstalling and reinstalling it. No go. I did everything Steam suggested. Still no Go.

Running Windows 8.1 with everything with its latest updates.

damned
March 7th, 2016, 12:39
Have a look in Task Manager - do you have multiple instances of FantasyGrounds.exe running?
If so reboot and try again please.

Nylanfs
March 7th, 2016, 12:40
Find the fantasygrounds.exe and try and run that as an administrator.

astromath
March 7th, 2016, 12:58
Task Manager: No instances of FG running. It only appears and disappears.

Running as administrator: Does the same thing.

I checked permissions. All are allowed except for Special Permissions.

damned
March 7th, 2016, 13:06
Delete FantasyGrounds.exe and redownload the FGWebInstall and reinstall.

damned
March 7th, 2016, 13:09
Actually - you probably want to remove the whole Fantasy Grounds program folder from Program Files.
You may also try renaming your Data folder - usually C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds or %userprofile%\Fantasy Grounds and once installed copy back the Campaigns and Extensions.

Trenloe
March 7th, 2016, 13:23
Check that your security/Anti-virus application isn't blocking FantasyGrounds.exe.

ddavison
March 7th, 2016, 14:34
To follow up with what Trenloe and others have said...

Look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\ and check each of the EXE files there to ensure they are not being blocked by your Anti-virus program. If you are running Norton, we have had reports that it blocked the programs for some reason. If so, please go into your A/V program and add exceptions for each of those EXE programs or remove them from quarantine within Norton.

If you are still experiencing problems, please try doing a reboot and then try launching it again from Steam.

Some background:
Steam installs a launcher into the normal Steam folder. This in turn installs and/or launches the FantasyGrounds.exe from the C:\Program Files(x86)\Fantasy Grounds\ folder.

We can also provide further assistance at [email protected]

astromath
March 7th, 2016, 19:56
Went with damned suggestion and it worked!!!