PDA

View Full Version : Error messages when updating or launching FG

Hex08
March 7th, 2016, 03:06
I have a player who is unable to launch the game, he gets several errors. He is running a computer with Windows XP.

One of the errors he is getting is that he has reached the maximum number of uses for a demo license (or something to that effect). I purchased Lite licences for all of my players years ago and none of them are having the issue, their keys seem to be working fine. I have made sure he is copy/pasting the activation key rather than typing it.

Another error he is getting occurs when trying to update is: UpdaterEngine: Unable to create temp file (C:\DOCUME~1\Mine\LOCALS~1\Temp\UpdatgerEngine.exe )

He is getting other errors as well, one relating a module (I think) but didn't get the entire message from him.

He has uninstalled and re-installed, disabled his antivirus and run as admin without any luck.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2016, 09:11
I don't think Lite licenses exist any more just the demo version and I don't think you need a licence key for the demo version. Perhaps if he ran it without a key? From the error messages it sounds like the updater is trying to find things that don't exist.

damned
March 7th, 2016, 12:43
Hi Z - Lite Licenses still exist but they are not available for sale any more.

There is no limit on how many times a demo license can be run.
Is the same license key being used in more than one location? Keys are not transferable to other players once they have been assigned to a player.
He also has permissions issues on his computer.

Hex08
March 7th, 2016, 14:10
Hi Z - Lite Licenses still exist but they are not available for sale any more.

There is no limit on how many times a demo license can be run.
Is the same license key being used in more than one location? Keys are not transferable to other players once they have been assigned to a player.
He also has permissions issues on his computer.

I bought each one of my players their own license key so I don't think they are being used anywhere else.

ddavison
March 7th, 2016, 14:29
It sounds like his Lite license key is not properly entered into his settings or his installation is incomplete and he is actually running the DEMO/FREE license and not the LITE license. Have him Lite license key and send screenshots of he FG Launch screen and FG Settings screen to [email protected] and we can assist him further.

If he is running the installation on Windows XP, he may need to run the installation as Administrator.

Hex08
March 9th, 2016, 01:54
Thanks, I'll have him email the info