PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Jedi Trials (LFP)

Valarian
March 6th, 2016, 22:18
I have 2 players already. Looking for 2 to 3 more for a Force and Destiny game.

The Clone Wars drag on and you are nearing your trials to become Jedi Knights. A training exercise on an academy world is meant to prepare you for the trials and entry in to the conflict as commanders.

Calendar entry:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1881

KainVorador
March 6th, 2016, 23:24
Nooooooouuuuuuu! *Darth Vader voice* I DM a game at that time. Drat!

dakkonwastes
March 7th, 2016, 00:10
what time?

Starcrawler
March 7th, 2016, 00:49
daaang, I would love to take part in this, but I can't do sundays :(

Valarian
March 7th, 2016, 06:58
what time?
In the calendar entry: Sundays 8pm to 10/11pm UK time
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Star+Wars%3A+Jedi+Trials&iso=20160313T20&p1=3592&ah=3

KainVorador
March 7th, 2016, 16:41
Wish this started about an hour later. I DM till 9pm your time.

Skillkoil
March 8th, 2016, 17:59
I just applied on the Calendar. This is perfect timing for me.

Skillkoil
March 8th, 2016, 18:16
I have my character made just need info to send it to you. I sent you a PM

Triptico
March 11th, 2016, 15:11
I want in. :)

I've applied to the schedule.

Will we do characters, or do you have some pregenerated?

Cheers!

Valarian
March 11th, 2016, 20:00
I'd like players to create their own characters, and to give me a copy of the character before the game starts on 20th March. This is to allow me to start to think of ideas for the campaign based on the character backgrounds and stories. This is if you already have the Force and Destiny books, or are familiar enough with FFG Star Wars character generation to build the character from OggDude's character builder (linked in the calendar entry).

If unfamiliar with the game, I can create a pregenerated character for you from a description. I'd still like background and character story from you in order to fill out the character and to give me ideas to draw on.

The premise of the campaign start is that characters will be Jedi trainees, or supporting roles such as a clone trooper or pilot. If Jedi trainees, they are nearing the time of their trials and have either been Padawans from childhood or are recently discovered force sensitives (normal rules on training late bloomers having been suspended during the clone wars with the need for trained Jedi).

When character building, the characters should first be built as starting characters. A further award of 100XP can then be used to improve the character.

Valarian
March 13th, 2016, 14:06
Please get me characters, or character ideas for pregens, as soon as possible this week. I want to try to include backstory in the game so any ideas and hooks are helpful.

Valarian
March 13th, 2016, 15:29
For new players ... the free Under a Black Sun PDF (https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/18/ff/18ff8afe-bf19-47a3-97e5-a313ded3d6b3/under_a_black_sun_lores.pdf) for Edge of the Empire gives a good summary of the game system and dice mechanics. This is worth looking and and reading before the game starts.

Valarian
March 20th, 2016, 14:54
I've only got 3 out of 5 characters for the game tonight.

Triptico
March 20th, 2016, 20:44
I'm so sorry but I won't be able to attend.

Again sorry for the inconvenience...

Valarian
March 21st, 2016, 13:23
There's a couple of places open if anyone is interested. I can slot you in to the next session (Sunday 27th March) as long as I get characters / character ideas from you before Friday.

bezerker
March 21st, 2016, 22:48
I have never played before but sounds awesome. What books do I need and how do I get them.

Valarian
March 22nd, 2016, 00:36
No books needed. I can create a character from a description if you're new to the system. OggDude's character builder (linked in the calendar entry) is also useful. The free Under a Black Sun PDF (https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/18/ff/18ff8afe-bf19-47a3-97e5-a313ded3d6b3/under_a_black_sun_lores.pdf) for Edge of the Empire gives a good summary of the game system and dice mechanics.

bezerker
March 23rd, 2016, 05:06
I checked out the black sun and kinda have a grasp of the mechanics, but while trying to find a core rule book I obtained a nasty virus and had to reset my computer, this is why this is so late in coming. Anyways couldn't find a core rulebook so I don't really know much about the careers or races abilities so if you could role me up and standard human jedi or jedi-like character that would be awesome. I will be a Padawan that was in training like normal at a young age. Also since I'm new to the game we can say that I was an average Padawan that know one took much notice to.

Valarian
March 23rd, 2016, 14:05
There are no legal PDF versions of the game. The books are physical only. The Black Sun quickstart is the only legal electronic book. I'll create a character for you. Any ideas of the type of Jedi you want to be, in terms of backstory?

I'm on skype or email if you want to discuss. just see the GM contact details in the calendar.

borusa32
March 27th, 2016, 10:22
Hi

Still looking for players ?
I only just saw the info but would be interested.

Peter

Valarian
March 27th, 2016, 20:03
I've started the server for tonight. UK clocks have gone forward today.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Star+Wars%3A+Jedi+Trials&iso=20160327T20&p1=3592&ah=3

Karrth
March 30th, 2016, 17:13
Hey.

Are you recruiting or have this filled up?

Valarian
March 30th, 2016, 20:24
The game is full at the current time.

Valarian
May 25th, 2016, 10:09
Anyone interested in joining the game? A couple of spaces have opened up due to drop-outs.
Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1881

The characters have escaped from Dantooine and have managed to acquire an Acclamator from a reclamation yard. The next session will be a good time for new players to join as I'll be starting the next episode of the campaign.

Current characters are all from Force and Destiny. Age of Rebellion concepts are also welcome due to the way the campaign is going.
Standard starting character build + 100XP. Send me a PDF and/or XML export from OggDude's character sheet builder (v. 1.6.3.0).

Setting is the Rise of the Empire era. The next episode starts about 6 months after the events of Episode III.

Valarian
June 5th, 2016, 19:54
Still a couple of spaces left if anyone wants to join the game. Next session is Sunday 12th June.

Starcrawler
June 5th, 2016, 22:20
I could potentially join, but I don't have any of the physical rulebooks. Although I can't do next week (the 12th) but can start the week after.

Also, is this game voice or text only? Can't find anything to confirm that.

I said earlier I couldn't do sundays, but that has since changed, hence why I can now join :)

Valarian
June 5th, 2016, 23:44
It's using FG Chat, so text.

Valarian
Mar 23rd 05:10 Play is via the FG chat. It's slower than voice, but you get better in-character dialogue going.

Starcrawler
June 5th, 2016, 23:47
Awesome, that's what I was hoping for :) Gah, just realized I can't do the 19th either, so will have to start on the 26th, if that's ok then I'm happy to take one of those free slots :)

Valarian
June 5th, 2016, 23:48
Don't need the books. If the character builder is not enough to get an idea of a character, let me know what sort of character you'd like to play and I'll pregen a character for you.

Should be ready for Episode IV by then, I think.

Valarian
July 3rd, 2016, 11:35
I'm looking for a couple more players due to player drop-outs. Age of Rebellion characters are becoming more appropriate to the campaign, though Force and Destiny characters are still welcome.

Please note - this is using the FG Chat. If you're looking for voice chat, this game isn't it.
This is a roleplaying group. Combat is part of the game, as action is a big part of the Star wars universe, but not the primary focus.
I'm looking for players who will commit to the game. Not come for a session or two and drop out. Have a look at the chat logs (campaign folder linked in the calendar GM announcements) to see if the game will suit you.

Karrth
July 3rd, 2016, 14:25
Hello and sorry for not getting back to you earlier but when I checked my mail and saw that you had open spaces it had been a while so I figured it was full again.

I'm still interested and but to be honest I put the AoR and FaD books on the shelf when I could not find a game and I'm not the most well versed in the game system.

Still, I'd be interested in seeing how this game plays, how did you say I could read the logs? I can't seem to find the GM's announcements in the calendar.

Valarian
July 3rd, 2016, 14:42
I'm still interested and but to be honest I put the AoR and FaD books on the shelf when I could not find a game and I'm not the most well versed in the game system.
That's fine. You don't need to be an expert. It'll come with play.

Still, I'd be interested in seeing how this game plays, how did you say I could read the logs? I can't seem to find the GM's announcements in the calendar.
On the right side of the screen by the discussions.

Campaign Folder
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B75Lr5C1Hpx3VThldmFFVzlXNnc&usp=sharing