PDA

View Full Version : What happens with the release of new 5e features and errata?

Implacable
March 6th, 2016, 20:33
Quick question.

How does FG handle a situation where an aspect of 5e receives errata (a class/spell/feat is rebalanced or something similar), or brand new content (such as a new Class X spell or something of that nature)

Is this content integrated? If so, how and how soon?

Appreciate it. I'm just curious to see how it works. :)

kylania
March 6th, 2016, 20:54
They can add that stuff to the files and push out an update. You'll see a read highlight on your update button, click that, wait and bam, you have the latest greatest. Usually helpful to point out that errata like that has been released though. If it's important enough it'll get pushed out quick, but sometimes they'll wait for a larger update to the software and push that out together. They can update the program or just the DLC separately.

Implacable
March 6th, 2016, 21:54
Thank you!

Just wanted to make sure it does indeed get regularly updated.

LordEntrails
March 8th, 2016, 03:39
Very regularly. For a point of reference, when the 5E SRD was released, I think they had that updated and released within 24 hours. (I'd have to go check the thread, but it was amazingly fast given that they had no heads up.)

Nylanfs
March 8th, 2016, 04:51
I'd have to go check the thread, but it was amazingly fast given that they had no heads up.

Or that's what they WANT us to believe, perhaps I have been playing too much Paranoia &/or Spycraft.

Varsuuk
March 8th, 2016, 05:27
...perhaps I have been playing too much Paranoia &/or Spycraft.

Or... that's what YOU want us to believe...

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2016, 11:06
No, it really was done from start to finish within 36 hours. DD pulled an all nighter to get it done.

Nylanfs
March 8th, 2016, 12:13
See! conspirators always keep you believing the original lie.

gqwebb
March 8th, 2016, 17:23
Wink wink nudge nudge https://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrc0ahHnht1qabfx1o1_500.gif

kp9911
March 9th, 2016, 09:42
I don't know if anyone noticed yet, but SRD monsters module, Giant Toad or Frog I think has the attacks of an ape :P

damned
March 9th, 2016, 10:56
I don't know if anyone noticed yet, but SRD monsters module, Giant Toad or Frog I think has the attacks of an ape :P

Please post it in the 5e bugs thread.

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2016, 12:35

Not in my copy; can you narrow it down some please. And the bug reports thread above is better place to report problems.

kp9911
March 10th, 2016, 09:14
Thanks Gents, I will put it up in the bug section. I had checked only when the SRD was first released, not sure it was updated since then.

Nylanfs
March 10th, 2016, 14:24
BTW, John Reyst of 5esrd was alerted to a meeting at WotC about updating the SRD, no details as of yet.

gqwebb
March 10th, 2016, 21:39
That is why it is good to backup the mod files....