PDA

View Full Version : Version number reverting to 3.1.5

WansumBeats
March 6th, 2016, 17:51
When i start FG it says version 3.1.5 Ultimate.

I update and it goes to 3.1.7 Ultimate.

I close it and re open it and its back to 3.1.5 Ultimate.

Any suggestions?

Trenloe
March 6th, 2016, 20:16
When i start FG it says version 3.1.5 Ultimate.

I update and it goes to 3.1.7 Ultimate.

I close it and re open it and its back to 3.1.5 Ultimate.

Any suggestions?
Maybe you're using an old link that points to an older installation of FG? Have you ever changed the FG "App Directory" in the settings window? Open FG, on the main launch screen look at the "App Directory" location - this is where FG will download updated applications. Go to this directory and run the FantasyGrounds.exe application - does that show v3.1.7?

damned
March 6th, 2016, 21:13
This is almost definitely a permissions issue also.
On teh Splash Screen click the Explorer Icon and then go up one level.
Right Click on the Fantasy Grounds folder and edit the Permissions for Users. Add Write and Modify permissions.
Re-run the update. Quit FG. Check version on next run.

WansumBeats
March 7th, 2016, 04:16
i tried changing the permissions first and got 3.15.

going into the app folder which yes i have moved, and running fg.exe file brings up 3.17.

not sure why, so i created a shortcut link on my desktop and am getting 3.17 everytime now

thanks ;)

Trenloe
March 7th, 2016, 04:20
not sure why, so i created a shortcut link on my desktop and am getting 3.17 everytime now
The link you were using originally was probably for the original FG installation, which is still in place at v3.1.5. Opening that original link and running the update stores the new FG v3.1.7 executable in the new location you specified, not overwriting the old one as it is in a different location. Your original startup link still points to that original location.

Making a new link to the current app directory is the way to go. You'll probably want to remove the old links so you don't use them again in future.