PDA

View Full Version : Chase window error

WansumBeats
March 5th, 2016, 22:30
First off im practicing the chase window rules, so i have fantasy grounds running and connected via local host.

When i enter the combatants, ie Whitebread vs Bear and run them through the scenario. everything seems to work fine until i get through both characters and hit next combatant.

then i get... Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/combattracker_grouplist.lua"]:282: attempt to index local 'actor' (a nil value)

not sure what it means or if im doing something wrong.

Skellan
March 6th, 2016, 00:57
I got a similar error whilst playing in a game this evening. I am not sure what caused it but I copied it to clipboard.

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/minitracker_combatant.lua"]:119: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/minitracker_combatant.lua"]:119: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value)

I will email to report it

WansumBeats
March 6th, 2016, 17:00
Oddly enough this doesnt do it all the time...

Im wondering if it has something to do with me removing the owner of the character sheet.

If i create a new campaign and characters it seems to work fine

wierd

Skellan
March 7th, 2016, 01:40
I got this again tonight in someone else's game. It seems to be linked to some npcs on the tracker, the error msg appears when the turn is moved on or they are selected. It doesn't do it all the time though

phantomwhale
March 7th, 2016, 10:44
Curious...

Lonewolf
October 2nd, 2016, 16:09
I got a similar error whilst playing in a game this evening. I am not sure what caused it but I copied it to clipboard.

I will email to report it

I have seen this too recently in another GMs game. This is just a theory but I think this due to setting up a global NPC character sheet attached to a PC character sheet or combat/chase tracker. All character sheets need have unique names. Two players or the GM can't "share" a character sheet between two combat tokens. Each token must link

So the fix is rename the allies on PC characters sheets and only link via the encounters tab for everything else

Talyn
October 2nd, 2016, 18:00
Don't quote me but I think the Chase Window was fixed for 3.2 whenever it arrives?