PDA

View Full Version : Hero Points Extension for CoreRPG (3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, CoC, CnC)

damned
March 4th, 2016, 13:24
This extension adds an editable field called Hero Points to CoreRPG based Character Sheets.
It works with (at least) CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, Call of Cthulhu, Castles & Crusades (but not 5e due to the character sheet design of 5e).

The name can be edited to any name (eg Luck Points, Favour, Boons, Second Chance) and points can be edited by the player.
The player can double click to roll and will receive a simple message to the chat window and the points will be reduced by one.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/heropoints.jpg

Added a separate version for 5e and for Savage Worlds.

Mask_of_winter
March 4th, 2016, 13:27
Uncle Damian is at again! Good job buddy!

Jwguy
March 4th, 2016, 16:24
Looks good; Maybe now I can start making use of the action points in my 3.5e Game.

Great job! =D

damned
March 4th, 2016, 20:57
Jwguy you can edit it to read Action Points within the char sheet (each player will have to do the same) and it will then report that the player has used an Action Point instead.

Ashekelor
March 12th, 2016, 03:05
Thank you, thank you, thank you! My players are thrilled to hear they get easy access to their hero points, I am excited to get a notification they remembered to mark it spent! This is a real big deal for our table!

chadhill
April 14th, 2016, 17:31
I have downloaded the file it is in my "downloads", but where do I put it so FG can use it?

Andraax
April 14th, 2016, 19:41
I have downloaded the file it is in my "downloads", but where do I put it so FG can use it?

It's an extension, so it should be put in the "extensions" folder.

JohnD
April 15th, 2016, 00:36
Nice.

chadhill
April 15th, 2016, 00:39
thanks, I just have to find it, is it the one in Fantasy Grounds?

Andraax
April 15th, 2016, 03:33
thanks, I just have to find it, is it the one in Fantasy Grounds?

On the main screen, click on the folder button in the upper right hand corner.

David32780
May 13th, 2016, 11:47
A beautiful extension.

Unfortunately I cannot get it to work with MoreCore loaded for the CoreRPG ruleset.

It does work without using Morecore though.

damned
May 13th, 2016, 12:11
Very strange - if you are using the latest version of MoreCore it should be included...
Let me know if its not and I will reupload... Im sitting here trying to code some new stuff into MoreCore...

damned
May 13th, 2016, 12:13
Hmmm I thought I had posted that somewhere... but its not in this thread. The current version of MoreCore includes the extension - you dont need to load this extension with MoreCore.

David32780
May 13th, 2016, 23:32
There we go Damned, I updated the MoreCore extension and its perfect now!

Thanks for everything you do. We appreciate it.

damned
May 14th, 2016, 01:19
Huzzah! Your welcome :)

Draeus
December 14th, 2016, 21:04
I am wanting to use this extension with Savage Worlds. But it isn't showing. Is there a way to modify it to work with Savage Worlds?

damned
December 14th, 2016, 22:13
I am wanting to use this extension with Savage Worlds. But it isn't showing. Is there a way to modify it to work with Savage Worlds?

Arent Bennies really very similar to Hero Points?

Draeus
December 15th, 2016, 12:04
Bennies are bennies.

We use our own campaign setting rule that the hero points system would work wonders for. Which has nothing to do with Bennies.

Is there a way to get this to work with Savage Worlds?

damned
December 15th, 2016, 12:33
There is.... can you tell me exactly where on the sheet you would like it?

Draeus
December 15th, 2016, 14:07
There is.... can you tell me exactly where on the sheet you would like it?

Is it possible to have it in a new tab? Perhaps with an area to write extra notes or drag linkable text windows? ... with guidance I could possibly do this if im asking too much. I don't mean to be cheeky.

Alternatively anywhere it will fit will do to be honest.

damned
December 18th, 2016, 02:40
Added to first post Hero Points for Savage Worlds. Its a separate extension.

Draeus
December 18th, 2016, 19:13
Thank you. You are a legend.

irish_carbomb
February 10th, 2017, 16:31
So we are using this in Primeval Thule and it's pretty cool. I created some effects to use on the action tab to automate the calculation of the roll. I was wondering if there was anything I could add to my effect to remove a point from the existing pool. My effect works great but you then need to manually subtract 1 hero point from the total.

Hero Point Attack;ATK:1d6; [ACTION]; [SELF]

damned
February 10th, 2017, 21:42
Hey irish_carbomb there would be a lot of code required to do this so... no. But cool use of it anyway :)

irish_carbomb
February 10th, 2017, 22:32
Okeedokee.. Thanks for getting back to me..

driznuts
February 13th, 2017, 13:46
is there some way to auto add hero points to a characters sheet? like a / command or link that one could enable?

spite
April 25th, 2017, 04:58
Is there anyway to have the dice value for the hero points, such as it is in the 5e version, for the corerpg version of this extension?

damned
April 25th, 2017, 06:15
Hi driznuts are you looking for a way for the GM to award the Hero Points?

Hi spite its been a long time... please refresh my memory...

spite
April 25th, 2017, 18:38

On the 5e version of this, there is a button that you can click to cycle between d4,6,8,10 etc, or leave it blank to keep hero points as no value. If it's on a dice, when you double click it it will roll a D4/6/8 what-have-you and spit the result into chat with the diamond and hero point announcement.

damned
April 25th, 2017, 22:17
Hi Spite. I suppose we could do that. It does make the field wider and thus make other things move so Ill have a look at how much it might or might not impact things.

spite
May 7th, 2017, 04:21
No worries, it's just be nice, can manage by just spending one then rolling the dice manually but I'm spoilt by the 5e version :P

damned
May 7th, 2017, 05:21
No worries, it's just be nice, can manage by just spending one then rolling the dice manually but I'm spoilt by the 5e version :P

I will do it - I had a look at the code and spacing - it just hasnt climbed to teh top of my list just yet.

bnickelsen
July 4th, 2017, 15:14
Is this 3.3.x compatible?

Andraax
July 4th, 2017, 15:35
Is this 3.3.x compatible?

Works for me. Did you try it?

bnickelsen
July 4th, 2017, 15:48
Getting there

driznuts
August 4th, 2017, 04:35
yes other than opening up each characters sheet and manually adding them.

Melakesh
April 6th, 2018, 18:36
I know this is an old post but how can I get this Extension and is it compatible with the newest version of FG Pathfinder?

Andraax
April 6th, 2018, 20:16
I know this is an old post but how can I get this Extension and is it compatible with the newest version of FG Pathfinder?

Go to the first post and download it. Should work.

LordEntrails
April 6th, 2018, 21:51
IF you don't see it on the first post, then make suer you are not viewing the website in Mobile mode. You can change this by selecting the theme "FG Responsive"in the bottom left corner.

damned
April 7th, 2018, 00:03

Welcome Melakesh

I dont have the new Pathfinder version so I havent checked it against that (the new theme) but I believe it should still worl.

Gwydion
September 30th, 2018, 15:48
Hey damned. So, I saw on the FG discord pathfinder forum thread people talking about how to track resonance for PF2. I thought your hero points extension would fit the bill nicely. I cracked open the extension and changed the PFRPG in the definition.xml file to PFRPG2, rezipped and loaded up my PF2 campaign. It worked just fine for me (see attached). Would you mind if I posted in the PF2 section? I didn't want to change the ruleset to "any" as I know there is one specific to 5e and don't want to confuse people. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

damned
September 30th, 2018, 23:19
Hey damned. So, I saw on the FG discord pathfinder forum thread people talking about how to track resonance for PF2. I thought your hero points extension would fit the bill nicely. I cracked open the extension and changed the PFRPG in the definition.xml file to PFRPG2, rezipped and loaded up my PF2 campaign. It worked just fine for me (see attached). Would you mind if I posted in the PF2 section? I didn't want to change the ruleset to "any" as I know there is one specific to 5e and don't want to confuse people. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Go for it.
Yes there are a couple of rulesets that needed their own variant so ANY is not the best tag to use.

Gwydion
September 30th, 2018, 23:24
Go for it.
Yes there are a couple of rulesets that needed their own variant so ANY is not the best tag to use.

Excellent. Thanks!

dragonheels
December 10th, 2018, 09:57

Hi Damned. I guessed Driznuts didn't answer. But I have the same question. It's totally cool that a player can spend a point with a double-click. I am considering using MoreCore for my next Fate campaign. So a way for the DM to award Hero point to a character without having to edit its sheet would indeed be great !

Other question, is there a way for a player to have a look at other characters' sheet ? So they could see the Fate Aspects of each other players.

damned
December 10th, 2018, 11:08
Probably the best way to handle both of these would be to add it to the Party Sheet... I will have a look at it but probably not till Christmas...

dragonheels
December 10th, 2018, 11:19
Probably the best way to handle both of these would be to add it to the Party Sheet... I will have a look at it but probably not till Christmas...

Thanks for the quick reply!! And take your time!

Kelrugem
December 19th, 2018, 19:37
Hi :)

Thanks for that extension :)

I realized some "issue" with the extension for 3.5e: The GM icon is not displaying anymore, especially custom GM icons were not displayed anymore, too. I was able to fix that, do you want that I upload that? Or was this intended? :)

I didn't change much, I just realized that "graphics_portraits.xml" (in the graphics folder) was referring to a file in graphics/logos/mutant.png which is seemingly not there anymore; thus, I just deleted graphics_portraits.xml and the corresponding line in extension.xml :) Now the rolls of the GM are again displayed with the GM icon :)

Have a nice week :)

Best,

Kelrugem

damned
December 19th, 2018, 21:39
Hi Kelrugem that looks like that has been that way for a couple of years... that GM Icon does not exist.
I guess it probably hasnt been reported before because the GM doesnt roll HeroPoints?

Kelrugem
December 19th, 2018, 21:46
thanks for your answer :) Actually, at least for me my GM icon was not showing up anymore for all of my other rolls as a GM, not just for the HeroPoints roll (for this roll it is of course not important for me to see my icon, as you also say) :) But maybe only I have this display issue? I tried it without any other extension and had this issue with all my rolls until I've found that I can delete this xml file :)

damned
December 19th, 2018, 21:49
Ok I understand now - I probably nuked the GM icon full stop!
lm updating now.

Kelrugem
December 19th, 2018, 21:50
Thank you very much :)

TrentLane
November 22nd, 2019, 10:27
3.3.9 seems to have broken the extension; doesn't work for me anyomore in my Pathfinder 1E games.

damned
November 22nd, 2019, 12:40
I just tested it in PFRPG and it seems to work.
Can you provide more info?

TrentLane
November 22nd, 2019, 13:36
Yeah, sorry, I didn't fully test it.
It seems like Kelrugems "Save vs Tag" extension causes some issues, since it is working with that extension unloaded.

Kelrugem
November 22nd, 2019, 15:22
Yeah, sorry, I didn't fully test it.
It seems like Kelrugems "Save vs Tag" extension causes some issues, since it is working with that extension unloaded.

Oh, which issue do you have? Or does this only arise in combination with Damned's extension? (and probably better to move this then to my extension's thread :) )

EDIT: Tested it on my own: Do you mean that the hero points are not in the character sheet anymore? I can try to see what happened; "sadly", my extensions got so big now that they start to get incompatible with extensions of CoreRPG (like with the enhanced images extension, too). I try to see whether I can solve this, but I am not sure if I am able to do this because the extensions already cost a lot of times and now checking compatibilities with the extensions from CoreRPG, too, could take some while :)

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2019, 15:35
"sadly", my extensions got so big now that they start to get incompatible with extensions of CoreRPG (like with the enhanced images extension, too). I try to see whether I can solve this, but I am not sure if I am able to do this because the extensions already cost a lot of times and now checking compatibilities with the extensions from CoreRPG, too, could take some while :)
If the incompatibility issues are mainly in the GUI (missing and/or placement of controls) then I'd recommend looking into use merge rules in the GUI XML - along with relative anchoring to base controls. This may not fix everything (scripts are another issue), but can help with GUI controls.

Kelrugem
November 22nd, 2019, 15:42
If the incompatibility issues are mainly in the GUI (missing and/or placement of controls) then I'd recommend looking into use merge rules in the GUI XML - along with relative anchoring to base controls. This may not fix everything (scripts are another issue), but can help with GUI controls.

Thank you :) Indeed, I just realized that I forgot to use that method in record_char.xml such that damned's hero point field got overwritten :)

@TrentLane I will reupload my extensions with save versus tags in some minutes, then it should hopefully work again :)

TrentLane
November 22nd, 2019, 15:44
Oh, which issue do you have? Or does this only arise in combination with Damned's extension? (and probably better to move this then to my extension's thread :) )

EDIT: Tested it on my own: Do you mean that the hero points are not in the character sheet anymore? I can try to see what happened; "sadly", my extensions got so big now that they start to get incompatible with extensions of CoreRPG (like with the enhanced images extension, too). I try to see whether I can solve this, but I am not sure if I am able to do this because the extensions already cost a lot of times and now checking compatibilities with the extensions from CoreRPG, too, could take some while :)

Yes, the Hero Points are no longer on the character sheet when Saves vs Tags is active. No worries if you can't make it work, it's a very useful extension, but my players can make due without it if need be.

Kelrugem
November 22nd, 2019, 15:49
Yes, the Hero Points are no longer on the character sheet when Saves vs Tags is active. No worries if you can't make it work, it's a very useful extension, but my players can make due without it if need be.

I just reuploaded my extensions with save versus tags :) Now your hero points should be back :)

TrentLane
November 22nd, 2019, 15:55
Thank you, everything working as expected again :)

MrDndTomball
April 8th, 2020, 05:48
This extension adds an editable field called Hero Points to CoreRPG based Character Sheets.
It works with (at least) CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, Call of Cthulhu, Castles & Crusades (but not 5e due to the character sheet design of 5e).

The name can be edited to any name (eg Luck Points, Favour, Boons, Second Chance) and points can be edited by the player.
The player can double click to roll and will receive a simple message to the chat window and the points will be reduced by one.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/heropoints.jpg

Figure out how to make the Hero Points for 5e work. You have to download the file, go to our downloads on your MAC or PC, change the .ext to .zip. Then unzipped the file. Copy & Paste or move the HeroPoints5e folder to the Extensions folder in Smiteworks file. I did an update on the Fantasy Ground, launched it, Clicked Host Campaign, Checked the "Hero Points for 5e" option, and then "Start". It will show up at the top of the character sheet. I believe I explained it fairly well. Hope that helps.

damned
April 8th, 2020, 06:39
Figure out how to make the Hero Points for 5e work. You have to download the file, go to our downloads on your MAC or PC, change the .ext to .zip. Then unzipped the file. Copy & Paste or move the HeroPoints5e folder to the Extensions folder in Smiteworks file. I did an update on the Fantasy Ground, launched it, Clicked Host Campaign, Checked the "Hero Points for 5e" option, and then "Start". It will show up at the top of the character sheet. I believe I explained it fairly well. Hope that helps.

Welcome MrDndTomball

You should just need to place the extension as it is - in its .ext form in the extensions folder.

lozanoje
April 11th, 2020, 19:32

Thanks, great extension!

damned, have you added a separate version for Savage Worlds for any reason? Is that related to the way SW captures the chat? Because here I have a problem with another extension and maybe it is related, please take a look here if you have time:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55962-SWADE-is-incompatible-with-AudioOverseer-(or-the-contrary)

damned
April 12th, 2020, 01:35
Thanks, great extension!

damned, have you added a separate version for Savage Worlds for any reason? Is that related to the way SW captures the chat? Because here I have a problem with another extension and maybe it is related, please take a look here if you have time:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55962-SWADE-is-incompatible-with-AudioOverseer-(or-the-contrary)

lozanjoe AudioSeer cant work with SaWo because of things in SaWo. It will require a separate version of AudioSeer so you will need to see if that is on Celestians radar or not.

For this extension it is different because the positioning of elements in the top section of the SaWo character sheet is different to most other rulesets.

lozanoje
April 12th, 2020, 07:26
lozanjoe AudioSeer cant work with SaWo because of things in SaWo. It will require a separate version of AudioSeer so you will need to see if that is on Celestians radar or not.

Thank you for checking, I think celestian is investigating the issue with SW; currently he is not sure why it doesnt work.

AWD2
July 29th, 2020, 19:41
I seem to have an issue where this extension changes how character sheets resize in Fantasy Grounds Unity (maybe this is already known). When in Unity, extending the character sheet wider to the right only changes the right most side of the sheet. Here's the start (using Morecore)...

Here's the sheet enlarged.

Here's the sheet enlarged in Classic showing the even change across the whole sheet.

I had the same thing happen with another character sheet in BRP (but it was easier to demonstrate with this sheet). Anyway, not sure how much it impacts things for most people, but was one thing I just noticed when I turned it on in BRP. Thanks.

damned
July 29th, 2020, 22:15
You should not use this extension in MoreCore - it is builtin to MoreCore already.
BRP was not a CoreRPG ruleset until recently and I dont own that ruleset so Im afraid I havent tested it there...

AWD2
July 29th, 2020, 23:45
Apologies, I wasn't more clear. I don't have it enabled with Morecore, I saw that it was built in already. When I activated it in BRP, I noticed the same behavior in BRP and Morecore with extending the width of the character sheet and thought that might be the common link that caused the same behavior in both rulesets in Unity. Thanks.

damned
July 30th, 2020, 01:09
I dont think its an issue with Hero Points but I do see the column resize anomolay in MoreCore on FGU. I will investigate over the weekend.

Milmoor
January 9th, 2021, 09:43
Thanks for this extension. Having Bardic Inspiration is rather similar to the spending of an Hero Point. You have to choose to use it after a roll, but before the effect of that result is announced. Would you be willing to add an effect to the character who has used it's hero point? That would allow for collaboration with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62150-Bardic-Inspiration-Die-Implementor-Extension-(for-5E). I'll post something similar in that thread.

Minty23185Fresh
January 9th, 2021, 13:42
Thanks for this extension. Having Bardic Inspiration is rather similar to the spending of an Hero Point. You have to choose to use it after a roll, but before the effect of that result is announced. Would you be willing to add an effect to the character who has used it's hero point? That would allow for collaboration with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62150-Bardic-Inspiration-Die-Implementor-Extension-(for-5E). I'll post something similar in that thread.
Hi damed, I’ve asked Milmoor for a bit more info, because I don’t quite know what they’re after. Maybe you have a better handle on it than I do.

[EDIT] Okay, as stated in the Bardic Inspiration thread, I have a good handle on this now. (I think.) damed I believe you have the more difficult task of applying a named effect to the character. If you decide to implement Milmoor’s request then let me know what you name the effect (e.g. “Hero Point” works for me) and I can give it a go on my side. (Though I would be limiting it to 5e only.)

Milmoor
January 9th, 2021, 18:28
If putting effect on the PC is a lot of work, we can do that by hand. We're not spending tons of them per sessions. It does seem an elegant solution and interaction between the extensions though.

damned
January 10th, 2021, 00:19
Guys - its not likely I will have time to look at this anytime soon. So many other things Im working on. If Milmoor wants to extend the 5E version and post here I will link it to to the front page.

Kelrugem
January 10th, 2021, 00:36
Milmoor, when you want to code a bit, then look e.g. here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58684-4e-Advantage-Disadvantage-and-Inspiration-extension

Kevininrussia did something similar, a button in the sheet which can add a certain effect to the CT; you may be able to strip that part of the code and add it to the bardic inspiration button :)

(I just skimmed through the conversation; so, maybe I misunderstood what you want t do :) )

Milmoor
January 10th, 2021, 08:03
Milmoor, when you want to code a bit, then look e.g. here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58684-4e-Advantage-Disadvantage-and-Inspiration-extension

Kevininrussia did something similar, a button in the sheet which can add a certain effect to the CT; you may be able to strip that part of the code and add it to the bardic inspiration button :)

(I just skimmed through the conversation; so, maybe I misunderstood what you want t do :) )
Interesting, I'll take a look at it.

[Edit]
Minty23185Fresh has a found serious flaw in my plans. The DM would have to ask for every roll of a Hero Point should be spent. Bardic Inspiration is limited in duration, hero points aren't. It just won't be playable because of that. @all Thanks for taking a look into this.

jrock1
October 17th, 2021, 23:09
Will the Hero Points ext work with the Starfinder (SFRPG) Ruleset?

damned
October 18th, 2021, 06:30
The code behind the Hero Points works with SF but I dont know if it fits graphically... give it a go.

crossbow57
November 3rd, 2021, 22:18
I've been using this extension for a while now and it's been well-received, but now it doesn't seem to load on my new PC server.

Is there any chance this extension will be added to the Forge so it can be selected in with that system? I seem to be having issues with older extensions not in the Forge. Thank you!

damned
November 4th, 2021, 12:52
You will need to provide more info...

crossbow57
November 4th, 2021, 17:48
My bad, I crossed the streams there a bit - my only real question here is if this extension can/will be added to the Forge?

scoot138
July 14th, 2022, 20:04
In HeroPoints5e.ext (campaign/record_char.xml)
it looks like line 64
local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
Needs to be changed to
local rActor = ActorManager.resolveActor(window.getDatabaseNode() );

due to the deprecation and apparently now removal of ActorManager.getActor
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65561-2020-02-Ruleset-Updates

Odd that this worked up to this weeks patch.

I applied this to the version I have and it is working correctly.

Scoot

Morenu
July 15th, 2022, 03:36
Never knew the ext existed... that will be number 65 on our PF1e ext list. I second the request of putting it on forge

It does throw a small error that doesnt break anything

PF1e

damned
July 17th, 2022, 14:11
Thanks guys - Ive added the base version to the Forge. Will do 5E version soonish...

Kazuto217
July 17th, 2022, 21:10
Hi! love the extension. looks like the PF1e version might have broke the character sheet formatting recently. not a big deal tho since it still works!

damned
July 17th, 2022, 23:55
Ive pushed a new update to Forge. Let me know if this works better.

Kazuto217
July 18th, 2022, 00:07
Ya that looks better! thanks!53580

SgtPrylo
August 6th, 2022, 02:18
Not sure this is how this should look...

ScriedRaven
August 9th, 2022, 00:59
The 5e extension needs to be updated from away from getactor

scoot138
August 9th, 2022, 18:40
Yep, post #81 is the code change needed to get the dice rolling and not error. BUT, it also has some work to be done to get it to align with the character sheet when you are using other extensions, such as character sheet tweaks. I was able to hack damned's code enough to get it to work in my campaign. The new way of adding things to the char sheet definitely caused some breakage with some of the other ext that I was using, so my get it work fix is truly a hack job :)

CorzatTheGray
August 12th, 2022, 01:10
Thanks guys - Ive added the base version to the Forge. Will do 5E version soonish...

Phew... definitely better than late-ish!

Thanks @damned for all your contributions!

Taralas
September 6th, 2022, 17:43
Yep, post #81 is the code change needed to get the dice rolling and not error. BUT, it also has some work to be done to get it to align with the character sheet when you are using other extensions, such as character sheet tweaks. I was able to hack damned's code enough to get it to work in my campaign. The new way of adding things to the char sheet definitely caused some breakage with some of the other ext that I was using, so my get it work fix is truly a hack job :)

I would love it if you shared your hacks to get it working. I am running a 5e Eberron campaign, and the players are now hooked on hero points ;)

ScribblingRambler
September 6th, 2022, 21:16
Hullo.
I'm still having the visual issue with running this in Pf1 that was posted on the previous page of the thread. The header of the character sheet smushes the hero points, name, portrait and token together.
It buries the portrait, which makes it difficult to change it.
Thanks!

scoot138
September 6th, 2022, 21:22
I have no issue with sharing what I have done to get it to work in 5E, @damned are you ok with me posting the ext I have my hacks applied here. I don't want to assume, as it is your core work.

Scoot

damned
September 7th, 2022, 10:16
Go for it scoot138

scoot138
September 7th, 2022, 22:11
Thanks damned!

Here you go Taralas

Taralas
September 7th, 2022, 22:30
Thank you! For a moment, I am getting a few errors, but not certain if this is related to other extensions I have running:

[9/7/2022 4:26:40 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "nametitle"]:7: attempt to index field 'herodice' (a nil value)
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] s'nodeWin: '
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] databasenode = { charsheet.id-00005 }
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] s'rActor: '
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] { s'sType' = s'charsheet', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00005', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00008', s'sName' = s'Reksit' }
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] s'sHeroDiceType: '
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] s'd6'
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] s'sHeroName: '
[9/7/2022 4:26:45 PM] s'Hero Point'

However, it does track the dice, rolls the correct dice type, and is still working with a number of other extensions installed.

Kazuto217
September 7th, 2022, 22:53
Hero points looks fine one my end for PF1e. You sure it's not another extension that messed it up and you've updated?

Taralas
September 7th, 2022, 23:02
Well, just created a new campaign, with only that extension loaded. Used the character wizard to create a Human Fighter, and named him TestTom. Still generates an error. But this time it seems to be tied to the Hero Name:

[9/7/2022 4:55:29 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[9/7/2022 4:55:29 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PUBLIC]
[9/7/2022 4:55:34 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 4.9615029 - 5E
[9/7/2022 4:55:34 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0 - 0
[9/7/2022 4:55:42 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 7.2765003 - 334
[9/7/2022 4:55:43 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 1.1134983
[9/7/2022 4:55:43 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.009001
[9/7/2022 4:55:43 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.6735006
[9/7/2022 4:55:43 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 1.7959999
[9/7/2022 4:55:45 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 15.5290032
[9/7/2022 4:55:45 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2519986 - 5E Automatic Effects Player's Handbook
[9/7/2022 4:55:46 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.7914994 - D&D Player's Handbook
[9/7/2022 4:55:47 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (2022-09-06) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2022 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[9/7/2022 4:55:47 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2022-09-06) for Fantasy Grounds
[9/7/2022 4:55:47 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 2.1559995
[9/7/2022 4:56:42 PM] Destroying match
[9/7/2022 4:56:42 PM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[9/7/2022 4:56:42 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[9/7/2022 4:56:55 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [Taralas]
[9/7/2022 4:57:03 PM] Game server started. [104.248.118.207:62448]
[9/7/2022 4:57:03 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[9/7/2022 4:57:03 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[9/7/2022 4:57:03 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[9/7/2022 4:57:03 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PUBLIC]
[9/7/2022 4:57:08 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 4.9209996 - 5E
[9/7/2022 4:57:08 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0015004 - 1
[9/7/2022 4:57:15 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 7.0060004 - 334
[9/7/2022 4:57:16 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 1.0800011
[9/7/2022 4:57:16 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0090001
[9/7/2022 4:57:17 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.6940028
[9/7/2022 4:57:17 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 1.783004
[9/7/2022 4:57:18 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 15.115502
[9/7/2022 4:57:19 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2570002 - 5E Automatic Effects Player's Handbook
[9/7/2022 4:57:20 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.7985012 - D&D Player's Handbook
[9/7/2022 4:57:21 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (2022-09-06) for Fantasy Grounds
[9/7/2022 4:57:21 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2022-09-06) for Fantasy Grounds
[9/7/2022 4:57:21 PM] EXTENSION: Hero Points for 5e Extension v0.1\rCreated by DIE Hard Gaming\r\nMore great resources at \r\(LINK)
[9/7/2022 4:57:21 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 2.2448768
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] s'nodeWin: '
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] databasenode = { charsheet.id-00003 }
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] s'rActor: '
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] { s'sType' = s'charsheet', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00003', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00001', s'sName' = s'TestTom' }
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] s'sHeroDiceType: '
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] s'd6'
[9/7/2022 4:57:39 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "hero"]:16: attempt to index a nil value

It also seems to be generating an odd graphic glitch. The name is duplicated in a second box, for some reason:

If I go back to the original campaign, it seems to work with following error displayed once on opening a character sheet.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "nametitle"]:7: attempt to index field 'herodice' (a nil value)

Kazuto217
September 7th, 2022, 23:10
ah sorry, just realized it was @ScribblingRambler that said it was broken for PF1e so I should've replied to them haha

scoot138
September 8th, 2022, 01:28
Taralas,
Thats where I had to hack the placement of the overlay on the character sheet. IIRC post #81 listed the change to get them to work. My additional hacks were to make them fit my campaign char sheets

Here is the version with only the code change listed in post #81

Taralas
September 8th, 2022, 15:00
Taralas,
Thats where I had to hack the placement of the overlay on the character sheet. IIRC post #81 listed the change to get them to work. My additional hacks were to make them fit my campaign char sheets

Here is the version with only the code change listed in post #81

Got it. So, it looks like I just need to correct the attachment point for the new frame. Otherwise, the functionality seems to work without a hitch. Thank you!

ScribblingRambler
September 9th, 2022, 21:10
I have tried a blank campaign, with only the one extension, and still get the same thing.
Unfortunately, I am not proficient with extension editing, and the 5e hack that Scoot was kind enough to make will not run in Pathfinder1.

damned
September 9th, 2022, 23:53
I have tried a blank campaign, with only the one extension, and still get the same thing.
Unfortunately, I am not proficient with extension editing, and the 5e hack that Scoot was kind enough to make will not run in Pathfinder1.

What is the actual issue you are having? Can you post a screenshot?

Taralas
September 10th, 2022, 00:14
Sure thing. It looks like a conflict with MNM Character Sheet Tweaks v7 (from the Forge) and the HeroPoints5e addon. He does seem to have some logic that adjusts the sheet to accommodate the Hero Point fields:

<script>
function onInit()
tExtensions = Extension.getExtensions();
for _,vExt in ipairs(tExtensions) do
if vExt=="HeroPoints5e" then
setAnchor("right", "contentanchor", "right", "", "-140");
window.herodice.setVisible(true);
window.hero.setVisible(true);
window.heropointtitle.setVisible(true);
end
end
end
</script>

However, there seems to be an issue when the addon attempts to modify the nametitle object.

Working through it now.

Taralas
September 10th, 2022, 01:31
Ok, so I have been able to address all of the graphic glitches, and get the functionality working with MNM Character Sheet Tweaks installed. I am passing what I have found back to Mad Nomad to incorporate into his addon, with the correct offsets for the anchor values.

I still cannot get rid of the error related to the herodice script on sheet opening. Will poke at it later in the weekend.

ScribblingRambler
September 10th, 2022, 03:35
Sure.
It is overwriting the header so the portrait window is inaccessible.
Here is the screen shot from my post on the previous page.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54231&d=1662495080

damned
September 10th, 2022, 04:09
This extension is NOT the Hero Points 5E extension that MNM is looking for.
Please post a screenshot of your charsheet without HeroPoints loaded.

ScribblingRambler
September 10th, 2022, 18:25
This extension is NOT the Hero Points 5E extension that MNM is looking for.
Please post a screenshot of your charsheet without HeroPoints loaded.

Sorry for the cross-talk.
Here is the same character without Hero Points.
edit: And increasing the size of the charsheet does not help.

lachancery
October 21st, 2022, 18:26
Reporting two issues with Hero Point on Pathfinder 1 (Core RPG):

1. There was a FG update some time ago that moved the portrait to the top left of the character sheet, the Hero Point extension displays the character name over the portrait. (See image; this is using the official Pathfinder theme, but it's the same without the theme.)

2. With the update this week, double clicking on the hero point to use it reports an error (see attached logs) and doesn't decrement hero points.

Taralas
November 8th, 2022, 20:41
Ok, now that I have a few spare moments: I understand that the version that you have posted on the Forge is for CoreRPG, but does not work on 5E due to character sheet changes.

I have attached a copy that I was able to (poorly) hack together with MadNomad, that does work, but it seems to be generating an error on opening an NPC sheet, related to an element of the page:

[ERROR] Script exection error:[string "CTL:charsheet_overview:nametitle"]:7: attempt to index field 'herocide' (a nil value)

I am happy to work through this, but I believe that this is just attempting to look up a page element that no longer exists. Would you have any interest in seeing if this last error can be wiped out, and possibly adding it to the Forge for 5E games?

-Taralas

sedgetone
December 23rd, 2022, 19:28
Hiya, the Forge version doesn’t show up as available for CoC 7e. I want to use it for Mythos Points for running Solo Investigator rather than using Modifiers for it.

damned
December 23rd, 2022, 23:13
Hi Guys. I will spend some time on getting these up to date next week.

Skellan
December 26th, 2022, 08:38
Would it be possible to get this extension to work with Shadow of the Demon Lord? I am a softy :)
Or maybe just so it increases the number of fortune points...

Skellan
January 22nd, 2023, 10:17
I am not sure if this is a known issue, but this doesn't show up for Castles & Crusades anymore. It is probably just because the the C&C rule set has been renamed?

Blackfoot
January 24th, 2023, 02:05
Reporting two issues with Hero Point on Pathfinder 1 (Core RPG):

1. There was a FG update some time ago that moved the portrait to the top left of the character sheet, the Hero Point extension displays the character name over the portrait. (See image; this is using the official Pathfinder theme, but it's the same without the theme.)

2. With the update this week, double clicking on the hero point to use it reports an error (see attached logs) and doesn't decrement hero points.

This still seems to be an issue unfortunately.
I can take a look at it and see if I can figure out what the problems are..

damned
January 24th, 2023, 02:43
Sorry guys... nearly there...

Blackfoot
January 24th, 2023, 02:56
OK.. the fix for the #2 issue is relatively simple.
Replace

ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
with

ActorManager.resolveActor(window.getDatabaseNode() );

The first issue is a bit more complicated.
More on that later...

Blackfoot
January 24th, 2023, 03:48
As for the First issue.. turns out it is actually pretty simple too.
Remove the "overviewframe" and "name" replacements completely.
Change this line to read:

<windowclass name="charsheet_overview" merge="join">
and this frame to read:

<frame_char name="heroframe" insertbefore="overviewframe">
<anchored to="rightanchor" width="130" height="45">
<top />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" />
</anchored>
</frame_char>

micael
February 3rd, 2023, 14:10
Sorry guys... nearly there...

Hi,
will there be a version without error soon? On Forge or only here? Can you provide a link to forge please? I can´t find hero there. That extension is awesome!

Thanks
Micael

sedgetone
February 3rd, 2023, 20:34
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/708/view

micael
February 3rd, 2023, 23:56
Thanks, but I have a 5ed version which have an error message- 5ed is the only D&D version where Hero points are used- so why is the Forge version not compatible with the only version where Hero points are used or do I understand something wrong?
Thanks for the link anyway or is this the version from this thread?
Thanks
Micael

damned
February 5th, 2023, 14:16
Ok kiddies, ive finally updated the 5E version. I will get to the others soon. This will need updating again in a week or three when the next FG build drops.

damned
February 5th, 2023, 14:16
Click on my signature and find Hero Points for 5E there

This extension adds an editable field called Hero Points

The player can double click [1] to roll and will receive a simple message to the chat window and the points will be reduced by one.

You can also set a dice [2] and it will then roll that dice and report that with the message above

[3] Shows output when a dice is associated with the Hero Points
[4] Shows output with no dice set

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56066

Taralas
February 28th, 2023, 20:23
Thanks for the update to the 5e version! It does seem to have some visual glitches when used with Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweeks (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/137/view). Is there any way to get both of these working again? I was able to cobble together something that worked with the previous version, which I have attached. It is DEFINITELY a hack job, but the display works with both addons enabled. Any ideas how to get these working together again?

crossbow57
February 28th, 2023, 20:47
Funny, I was thinking about this today and then Taralas asked his question and opened the door for me. Haha.

Hero points are optional in PF1e, yes, but I - at least - do make use of them. The extension loads and displayed the counter, but it still displays over the character name line in such a way that blocks the character portrait and make that impossible to get to. This may be the column lineup issue you mention above - just want to point out it’s happening in PF1e also.

When last I checked, double clicking the counter kicked a chat error and did not deprecate the point, also, but I can’t confirm that’s still true at the moment. The display issue definitely is.

Love the extension otherwise and it does help my game. Thank you for keeping the lights on!

damned
February 28th, 2023, 22:54
Thanks for the update to the 5e version! It does seem to have some visual glitches when used with Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweeks (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/137/view). Is there any way to get both of these working again? I was able to cobble together something that worked with the previous version, which I have attached. It is DEFINITELY a hack job, but the display works with both addons enabled. Any ideas how to get these working together again?

I posted a MNM build a week or two again but he may have changed his character sheet again with the big update just recently. Ill see if I can get an updated copy.

damned
February 28th, 2023, 22:54
Funny, I was thinking about this today and then Taralas asked his question and opened the door for me. Haha.

Hero points are optional in PF1e, yes, but I - at least - do make use of them. The extension loads and displayed the counter, but it still displays over the character name line in such a way that blocks the character portrait and make that impossible to get to. This may be the column lineup issue you mention above - just want to point out it’s happening in PF1e also.

When last I checked, double clicking the counter kicked a chat error and did not deprecate the point, also, but I can’t confirm that’s still true at the moment. The display issue definitely is.

Love the extension otherwise and it does help my game. Thank you for keeping the lights on!

Ill fix over the weekend.

damned
March 2nd, 2023, 00:44

Please post a screen shot as Im seeing something different.

Taralas
June 20th, 2023, 17:08
Howdy! Looks like the 4.4 update, coupled with some changes to Mad Nomads Character Sheet Tweeks v10, have conspired to cause some issues with the 5e version of the Hero Points extension. Is there anything that I can do to make getting these working together again easier?

[6/20/2023 11:00:38 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (nametitle) in windowclass (charsheet_overview)
[6/20/2023 11:00:38 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet_overview)
[6/20/2023 11:00:39 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (nametitle) in windowclass (charsheet_overview)
[6/20/2023 11:00:39 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet_overview)
[6/20/2023 11:00:39 AM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[6/20/2023 11:00:39 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (nametitle) in windowclass (charsheet_overview)
[6/20/2023 11:00:39 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet_overview)

damned
June 20th, 2023, 23:07
Ill check it on the weekend.

Taralas
June 29th, 2023, 16:55
Any chance you have had a moment to take a look at the 5e version?

damned
June 29th, 2023, 23:54
I apologise I did not get to it. I will do it this weekend.

Gamemaster1
February 4th, 2024, 20:01
Hi.
I saw that someone earlier noted that this extension no longer works with CNC, possibly because there are now 2 CNC sets to choose from. I had to switch to the non-Legacy set, and don't see this extension anymore.
I know it's been some time since anyone has visited this thread, but hopefully there is still some movement going on.
Thank for all you do!

damned
February 4th, 2024, 23:36
Ill have a look next weekend.

Taralas
February 13th, 2024, 15:00
Hope all is well. Looks like the most recent interactions with Hero Points 5e and MadNomad's Character Sheet Tweeks are causing some issues.

TheFastEddy
March 4th, 2024, 15:44
I too am looking for this feature.

Darth Jerod
March 4th, 2024, 21:46
Hope all is well. Looks like the most recent interactions with Hero Points 5e and MadNomad's Character Sheet Tweeks are causing some issues.

Ran into this issue last night in our first game in a while. Rather disappointing.

skelekon
April 3rd, 2024, 00:20
Just wanted to report that since the 2024-03 update this is causing a second instance of the Name field on the 4E character sheet. Editing either one edits both instances.

Tested with a new campaign with only this extension enabled.

TheFastEddy
April 16th, 2024, 05:07
I can't find the option for Hero points in Castles and Crusades.