PDA

View Full Version : UKG's Release schedule and questions.

ukgpublishing
March 24th, 2005, 14:56
Hi Everybody

Well, come Tuesday 29th March, you will see our latest conversions on RPGNow.

The Crypt of the Unholy, is another mini adventure for low level characters (1st & 2nd), designed for one or two nights play. This will be priced at $2.50

The Tower on Gharzoth Moor, is a conversation of a larger adventure for mid level characters, and should provide a slightly longer challenge. This will be priced at $5.00

Two questions I have for everybody (an in particular those who bought the Crypt of Ra'Lim'Ka'Anar) is as follows:

The conversions I have released have included a Fantasy Grounds module and campaign folder in addition to a pdf version of the adventure with full scale floor plans and our HTML (web based) version. We have included these for those of us lucky enough to have a local play group. How valuable are these features to the Fantasy Grounds community, and if anything, what additional features would you like to see?

In addition to the adventures we have a small number of supplements, primarily the Villages range which provide a detailed fantasy village including maps and floorplans of key buildings and usually 30+ detailed NPC's. These are designed to slot into an existing campaign as an area to base a series of adventures round or just to use as a village. Would these be of interest to the community if converted to FG.

Thanks for any feedback.

Grays
March 24th, 2005, 16:08
John, any supplement which provides detailed convertible content would be valuable to FGers (I'm speaking for myself, but I'm sure others feel the same). The village supplement would be wonderful. Adventure supplements aren't *as* valuable in my eyes, but that's mostly because I tend to like running my own campaign stuff. But convertible, usable content, like item or NPC packages? Awesome.

Sigurd
March 24th, 2005, 16:58
I bought your module with my FG package - thanks.

Along the line of Grays comment. I wonder if you could come up with a naming criteria for reusable content. Without making it free could you package the dungeons in such a way that the most general stuff is easily reused? I don't know if that is possible because I imagine you don't want that stuff given away by everyone who buys your modules :).

One thing you might consider, if you have the resources, is to include a village like thing with every adventure. You might get FG to package it with their game.

It deserves saying here that that would be a better community made project that didn't rely on one production team.

Still if you have the resources and are that generous :)

S

ukgpublishing
March 24th, 2005, 17:09
I bought your module with my FG package - thanks.

No, thankyou :-)

Along the line of Grays comment. I wonder if you could come up with a naming criteria for reusable content. Without making it free could you package the dungeons in such a way that the most general stuff is easily reused? I don't know if that is possible because I imagine you don't want that stuff given away by everyone who buys your modules :).

The d20 License stipulates that anything that uses it must have a certain portion as open content. To keep matters simple we generally take the line that with the exception of artwork and maps the entire text is open content and can be used in that vein. Naturally we would prefer it if the entire adventure wasn't just repacked, but you are free to use any NPC's or magic items from our d20 products in you own work.

One thing you might consider, if you have the resources, is to include a village like thing with every adventure. You might get FG to package it with their game.

We don't quite have the resource to include a village in every adventure (at least not to the detail we do), but we have got 2 main village products to be converted and one new village coming soon which will carry FG data. Additionally, a compilation of some of our side trek stuff will be out soon also and this includes a small village.

ukgpublishing
March 24th, 2005, 17:11
John, any supplement which provides detailed convertible content would be valuable to FGers (I'm speaking for myself, but I'm sure others feel the same). The village supplement would be wonderful. Adventure supplements aren't *as* valuable in my eyes, but that's mostly because I tend to like running my own campaign stuff. But convertible, usable content, like item or NPC packages? Awesome.

Thanks for the feedback, the villages will definately see FG conversion, and I am looking at some other convertable content is beng added to my schedule as we speak. :D

richvalle
March 25th, 2005, 01:56
Hi John,

See this thread for more answers to some of your questions:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=456

if you had not already seen it.

Villages would be nice to have.

One thing that is a must is a good description of what the module is about before you buy it so I can have an idea if its something I want or not. I'm not saying you have not done so already btw... I've not that the chance to look yet. :(

Thanks for making the content and for asking our opinons! Yes, I know it helps you to sell things but still... its nice to be asked. :)

rv

richvalle
March 31st, 2005, 02:08
John,

If you look at the description of The Tower on Gharzoth Moor on rpgnow it says it includes the FG version but the title on the main page does not say anything about it (while the other 2 FG versions do). It is also listed as being $2.50 (marked down from $5). Since its something like a 42 page adventure that seems like quite a deal!!

Just thought I'd point that out. I hope to buy some of your products soon (as soon as the tax refund hits the bank! :) )

rv

ukgpublishing
March 31st, 2005, 02:40
John,

If you look at the description of The Tower on Gharzoth Moor on rpgnow it says it includes the FG version but the title on the main page does not say anything about it (while the other 2 FG versions do). It is also listed as being $2.50 (marked down from $5). Since its something like a 42 page adventure that seems like quite a deal!!

Just thought I'd point that out. I hope to buy some of your products soon (as soon as the tax refund hits the bank! :) )

rv

Thanks rv

I have amended the title to reflect the new status.

As for the price, I marked this down to match the other adventures as a special for all ur friends over at FG :D

Hope the tax refund comes soon :lol:

The first village conversion (Clayton moor) will be available soon (10-14 days) just as soon as I finish converting all the NPC's

richvalle
March 31st, 2005, 02:46
Wow, you are cranking though the conversions. Sigh... its taking us forever to get The Wizard's Amulet done and out the door.

Thanks for the price break. I'll really be picking up that one!!

rv