PDA

View Full Version : DM LFP - D&D 5E - Princes of the Apocalypse - Thursdays, 8:PM Eastern Time

Drazulfel
March 4th, 2016, 02:20
FULL! CURRENT WAITING LIST:
1. Rickerdoo
2. gamer5E
3. dereks
4. Ventis
5. NDDracula

DM LICENSE: Full, so players need at least Standard
TIME: Thursday Evenings (EST). 8:PM sharp - 10:PM with a hard cutoff of 10:30.
FREQUENCY: Weekly
DURATION: Level 1-15 for this campaign, potential to continue to other campaigns if this works out well.
START DATE: Thursday, March 10
COMMUNICATIONS: TS3 (FG-Con server)

# OF PLAYERS: Have 2 already. Looking for 2-3 more.
PLAYER QUALIFICATIONS: New or first-time players welcome and encouraged. If you sign up, I just ask that you're faithful. Game night's no fun when there are too many no-shows.
CAMPAIGN STYLE: Investigative
GM STYLE: While I allow players the freedom to act and think creatively, I do tend to be slightly heavy handed when it comes to driving the plot in the intended direction (though I do attempt to make it feel seamless and natural). I encourage and reward creative, cinematic roleplay. The 5E rules are wonderful for this. I also like to keep things moving along. If my players are being indecisive and nothing is happening, I'll make something happen. Nobody gets bored in my games! If players are unprepared or not paying attention when their initiative turn comes up in combat, I have been known to invoke the dreaded "6 second rule." A round of combat represents 6 seconds in the game world. When the 6 second rule is in effect, players have 6 seconds to respond to their initiative turn else they forfeit it. Muahahahaaa! That said, I play with my groups, not against them. I'm out to have fun, not kill my players.

CAMPAIGN: Princes of the Apocalypse: Called by the Elder Elemental Eye to serve, four corrupt prophets have risen from the depths of anonymity to claim mighty weapons with direct links to the power of the elemental princes. Each of these prophets has assembled a cadre of cultists and creatures to serve them in the construction of four elemental temples of lethal design. It is up to adventurers from heroic factions such as the Emerald Enclave and the Order of the Gauntlet to discover where the true power of each prophet lay, and dismantle it before it comes boiling up to obliterate the Realms.

PM me if interested. My existing 2 players have already created characters (a Sorcerer and a Wizard... they didn't pre-plan that very well!), so I'd like to hook up with new recruits for character creation and Q&A some time before Thursday night. I'm available pretty much every evening, though later on Sunday and Wednesday. If you're new, I'll walk you through it.

Streetd0g
March 4th, 2016, 02:35
Sent you a private message.

Drazulfel
March 4th, 2016, 02:47
Sent you a private message.

Got it and replied. Talk to you soon!

Rickerdoo
March 4th, 2016, 03:58
Sending message

Drazulfel
March 4th, 2016, 15:14
Good morning! Taking the PM's that I've received in order, I will be full if those I've responded to so far all commit. I have begun a waiting list. I will contact those on the list again if someone falls through and I need to add another player. Thanks for your interest!

Draz

WAITING LIST:
1. Rickerdoo
2. gamer5E
3. dereks

Mad Nomad
March 4th, 2016, 15:51
Add me on the waitlist if you could.

Drazulfel
March 4th, 2016, 16:03
Add me on the waitlist if you could.

Done, thanks!