PDA

View Full Version : Quests?

kalmarjan
March 3rd, 2016, 20:54
I saw something new, and can't find information on it. Quests?

What is this used for?

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2016, 21:02
Quests are for putting in XP awards for completing certain tasks.

They allow you to setup entries, then add them to the Party Sheet when they are completed and distribute XP to the PCs from there. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Party_Sheet#XP_Tab

Ellspeth
March 3rd, 2016, 21:15
Hey Trenloe I see the same tab in Savage Worlds but the link is about 5e, am I right in guessing it works the same way in any ruleset that has it?

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2016, 21:35
Hey Trenloe I see the same tab in Savage Worlds but the link is about 5e, am I right in guessing it works the same way in any ruleset that has it?
From a front end perspective yes - you can enter quests to track them. But, the backend functionality (XP distribution via the party sheet) is going to vary from system to system, depending on how that RPG system handles XP and if the ruleset distributes XP via the party sheet.

For example, Quests are in the CoreRPG ruleset just as textual entries (title and description), which is great for having them listed as textual information - there's not any mechanics behind them. This is the case in Savage Worlds as there's no Party Sheet XP mechanics.