PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player Mon.-Thurs. 9 pm U.S. Eastern time and/or Fri.-Sun. Anytime DnD 5e Pref.

OMEGAxSxTART
March 3rd, 2016, 17:50
FG Liscense: Full liscense

Timezone: U.S.A Eastern time

Time: I attend University in the evenings so my arrival home times on Mon.-Thurs. are around 8:40 to 9:00p.m. I have no classes during Fri.-Sun., so I am completely open unless I have a huge project. I do not have a preference for the length, or frequency yet since right now I am interested in learning. I would think short sessions in the beginning while slowly raising the amount of time each story would take to show me the ropes, but I will leave it up to the GM's discretion. Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly is fine.

Term: I will leave that up to the GM's discretion, so I have little preference there. Short sessions would help me get to know more race and class mixtures, but long stories will help me learn one class and race more in depth. I would learn the important details regardless of the term.

Voice: I have TeamSpeak and Ventrilo, but it has been awhile since I used either. I still have both installed and a functional headset. I don't mind if I have to use anything else if needed or wanted.

Game system preferred: DnD 5e
Game system experience: Noob, I have read the majority of the rulesets and watched others play DnD, but I have not applied my knowledge yet. I would ask lots of questions to reinforce my knowledge.
Fantasy Grounds experience: Noob, I have watched intro videos and understand the basics when creating a character. I have made a couple test characters with backgrounds and stories to understand that.
Character type preferred: I would not have a preference right now as I would have to learn all the characters possible before I get a preference. As for RPGs I usually like to start as a Paladin or Templar due to their flexibility. If neither are available I tend to go for a tanky character. My first test character was actually a human barbarian.

About me: I have played video games since I can remember, so I can't tell you when I started, but I can tell you that I have always preferred RPGs because of the story-telling. Simply put I like all video game genres and play them all, but I love RPGs. I like more in depth games that grab my attention with lore and complexity. I know that the epidemy of RPGs is DnD or similar styled games, so it seems only natural that I try some DnD out. I don't mind roleplaying and actually find it fun to play a role or character that may or may not be similar to me. I would rather play more like my character than myself because playing as myself would practically make all my characters the same just with different abilities and skills. In reality I am just a noob in DnD that wants to learn, but have knowledge on RPGs. I tend to learn fast though so be prepared for that and would ask assurance questions frequently unless something is really straight-foward.
I will be updating my profile meanwhile since this profile is new.

chrisiav
March 4th, 2016, 16:48
Hey,

I have one spot open in my monthly Sunday game. We play the 1st Sunday of the month, starting at 4pm eastern. This coming Sunday the 6th is our next game. It will be the third session of the campaign so we are still in the beginning. If you're interested, the group facebook page is Fantasy Grounds Home Brew. Ask for an invite and I'll let you in. You can introduce yourself to the crew and get some background to the story.

Chris