PDA

View Full Version : PFC - #2-15: Shades of Ice—Part I: Written in Blood - (CORE)

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2016, 21:08
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1-2 and 4-5).

When the Decemvirate sends the PCs to the Viking city of Trollheim in the frigid northern Lands of the Linnorm Kings to deliver a package to an allied scholar there, the Pathfinders soon find themselves unwelcome visitors. Forced to navigate the rugged, isolated city and interact with the standoffish natives, can they deliver their cargo to its target, or will they find themselves exiled from the city... or worse?

Written in Blood is the first scenario in the three-part Shades of Ice campaign arc. It continues in Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-17: Shades of Ice—Part II: Exiles of Winter and concludes in Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-19: Shades of Ice—Part III: Keep of the Huscarl King. All three scenarios are intended to be played in order.

Written by Joshua J. Frost.

THIS GAME WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY MARCH 4TH. CHECK THE GAME CALENDAR FOR THE START TIME.

If you would like to play..
Post your character information here and sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1873).

NOTE: This is a CORE ONLY game and makes use of the rules for the CORE Campaign.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2016, 21:11
I posted 3 different start times on the calendar. I would prefer to start as early as possible. Please select ALL the start times that work for you. The game will run approximately 5 hours.

cmdisc
March 2nd, 2016, 21:31
Signed up on the Calendar. The earliest time slot doesn't work for me, but the latter 2 do.

I'm bringing my 2nd level dwarven Barbarian/Druid and his pet Ape along for this. I believe you have the most recent version of him, BF, but I can repost him if you want. His last Chronicle is The Glass River Rescue, which is yours.

aerine
March 2nd, 2016, 21:31
Vin Sha would love to come and play all three episodes :) (Monk, 1 chronicle from level 2)

IrishBouzouki
March 2nd, 2016, 22:03
This scenario path is right up my alley but the start times are while I'm at work.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2016, 22:12
Signed up on the Calendar. The earliest time slot doesn't work for me, but the latter 2 do.

I'm bringing my 2nd level dwarven Barbarian/Druid and his pet Ape along for this. I believe you have the most recent version of him, BF, but I can repost him if you want. His last Chronicle is The Glass River Rescue, which is yours.I do have it on file.

d1wright
March 2nd, 2016, 23:00
Glass River was also Lucia's last adventure.

Farnaby
March 2nd, 2016, 23:18
I'm in, bringing a 1st level wizard if possible.
Creating character now, will post asap.

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2016, 00:08
Aerine, please verify the times that work for you on the calendar.

This game is kinda short notice so I would appreciate folks getting their files uploaded ASAP.

bsktballchmp85
March 3rd, 2016, 02:30
here is my human cleric

Farnaby
March 3rd, 2016, 07:21
Here is Neeha, elven wizard.

JWMK
March 3rd, 2016, 14:42
I said YES to both the earlier and later time, but the earlier time works much better for me as I will have a hard cutoff time at 5 hours in (4 hours if the later time). Based on the estimated times posted, I think this should be OK.

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2016, 14:52
This game is now FULL.

I have officially set the gametime to 1pm eastern and adjusted the calendar appropriately.

I need the following info for new characters (as usual):
Player Name:
Character Name:
PFS #
Faction:
Starting Gold (AFTER initial gear purchases):

For others all I need is your previous chronicle sheet.

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2016, 19:34
Here is Neeha, elven wizard.Neeha has no spells on her character sheet... that's going to make it pretty tough to be effective as a wizard. :)

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2016, 19:49
Also note that you can't actually train Fly skill until you have some means of flying every day... it's actually in the rules somewhere...

You cannot take ranks in this skill without a natural means of flight or gliding. Creatures can also take ranks in Fly if they possess a reliable means of flying every day (either through a spell or other special ability).

Farnaby
March 3rd, 2016, 22:14
Got it, I'll change it.

Player Name: Thomas Pither
Character Name: Neeha
PFS # 54144
Faction: Scarab Sages
Starting Gold (AFTER initial gear purchases): 81 gp

bsktballchmp85
March 3rd, 2016, 23:34
so I think this is everything I looked at it a little more and it reads right

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 00:18
bskballchmp85 double check your ability points. You seem to have 2pts left to spend. Make sure you have WIS as your Human bonus stat.

bsktballchmp85
March 4th, 2016, 00:28
that's weird I have 14, 14, 10, 12, 15, 13. the plus 2 bonus went into intelligence and that's 20 spent

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 01:24
You always want to put the human stat adjustment into your highest stat... try it with the +2 in WIS.

bsktballchmp85
March 4th, 2016, 01:38
I think it works better for me in the itelligence

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 03:32
Try it the way I'm suggesting.
Set your stats the way you described.
14, 14, 10, 12, 13, 13.. then add the human +2 in WIS. You'll see that you have exactly the same stats you had before with 2 points left over.
You always want to put the human/half-orc/half-elf bonus in your highest stat .. otherwise you lose points. The 2 INT points (from 10->12) cost 1 point each.. the 2 WIS points (from 13->15) cost 2 points each. Hence the extra stat points gained/lost.

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 03:33
Uhh.. folks? I need some characters here. I only have 2 so far.

cmdisc
March 4th, 2016, 06:45
Sorry. Did you want Dave and I to repost ours? Your game was the last one those characters were run on. But I can repost Fengard if you don't have time to dig him out there.

cmdisc
March 4th, 2016, 07:03
I think it works better for me in the itelligence

Since all stats are 1 for 1 on a point-buy up to 13, it is usually best to add racial bonuses AFTER you've run all the stats as high as you want.

14, 14, 10, 12, 14, 13 is costing you 20 points. Then you can add your +2 from Human to get:

14, 14, 10, 12, 16, 13

Just keep in mind what role you want to fill with the party. If he's going to sit back and cast or range, then you can probably drop STR a little to add stuff elsewhere. But if he's going to melee, then STR is fine, but you might want to bump CON a little for more Hpts.

It's always a balancing act. :)

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 07:39
Instead of using the extra points for 1 pt of WIS.. you could go with 2pts of extra CON.
14, 14, 12, 12, 15, 13
If you like.. a more balanced build, not a bad plan for a cleric.
You could also go with:
14, 14, 10, 12, 15, 14
Giving you a good CHA for extra channeling power.
There are lots of options... choose what you want.. but don't waste your points.

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 07:43
Sorry. Did you want Dave and I to repost ours? Your game was the last one those characters were run on. But I can repost Fengard if you don't have time to dig him out there.There were no changes at all to these guys since the last run? I can sort it out on this end if that's the case.

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 07:46
Is that also true for Vin?

cmdisc
March 4th, 2016, 08:42
Here, we'll keep it simple. I don't think there were any changes, but you can just use these instead of digging around for your copies.

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 09:38
I checked your chronicle, the only change were gold and a few charges from your wand of shillelagh.

d1wright
March 4th, 2016, 14:54
Lucia hasn't experienced any changes since the Glass River Rescue.

aerine
March 4th, 2016, 16:05
and I forgot which folder I squirreled her away in :P

What's the FG connect info?

Farnaby
March 4th, 2016, 17:39
Blackfoot, what's your host address in FG?

bsktballchmp85
March 4th, 2016, 17:42
but the 14 14 10 12 15 14 is two points over what im allowed

Blackfoot
March 4th, 2016, 17:44
but the 14 14 10 12 15 14 is two points over what im allowedOK.. try this... remove the +2 for human completely.
14, 14, 10, 12, 13, 14

Blackfoot
March 5th, 2016, 11:05
Since this particular series is intended to be played 'in order' I will give those who participated first crack at Part 2. I'll let you know in this thread when I intend to run the next part. If anyone cannot participate, I'll open it up to other players. Currently CMD has something scheduled for next Friday so I'll be pushing this one off for a couple weeks. More details to follow as they become available.

cmdisc
March 5th, 2016, 11:48
FYI for everyone, I looked up the rules and Paizo discussion on Familiars. Apparently since they are magical beasts, their intelligence counts as that of human range. So they don't need to learn tricks nor be "handled". Their masters can simply command them and they can perform whatever task they are physically or mentally capable of doing. With a base INT of 6, they can even attempt to do things on their own in the absence of any commands.

If you want to know more you can do a search on the Paizo Rules Forum site and do a search concerning Familiars, Handle Animal, and Tricks.

d1wright
March 5th, 2016, 16:52
Though perhaps this isn't using Pathfinder, it does demonstrate the ingenuity of familiars...

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1020.html (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1020.html)

Blackfoot
March 6th, 2016, 17:23
bsktballchmp85, if you did not get me email regarding your chronicle info you might want to check your spam folder. I believe I've been in communication with everyone else at this point.

Blackfoot
March 15th, 2016, 21:52
OK. So I am clear to run part II THIS weekend... at this point I'm looking at the 19th at 4pm Eastern Time. Does that work for everyone? I'll post up the game shortly and invite all the players from the last session... if anyone cannot make it I will then open those slots up for other players...

Blackfoot
March 15th, 2016, 21:54
This is the Game Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1873).

aerine
March 15th, 2016, 21:55
OK. So I am clear to run part II THIS weekend... at this point I'm looking at the 19th at 4pm Eastern Time. Does that work for everyone? I'll post up the game shortly and invite all the players from the last session... if anyone cannot make it I will then open those slots up for other players...

I can't make saturday. I could do friday night, but not saturday z:(

Aerine

Blackfoot
March 15th, 2016, 22:11
Sorry about that Aerine, this is when it works into CMD's schedule.
These aren't required to be played in order nor are 'all' of them needed for the set.. it's just kinda nice to play them that way. If I don't get enough of the crew from the 1st run for a table then I'll reschedule.

IF I get enough interest for 2 runs... I might be willing to run it on Friday at 1 or 2pm Eastern as well.

bsktballchmp85
March 15th, 2016, 22:17
Oh **** hell yeah I'm down didn't know there was multiple missions for it I've played too much in the last two weeks I can't remember what the last one was about

Blackfoot
March 15th, 2016, 22:22
Everyone who is available (or not) PLEASE verify the time on the game calendar.

bigboom
March 15th, 2016, 22:36
Sorry about that Aerine, this is when it works into CMD's schedule.
These aren't required to be played in order nor are 'all' of them needed for the set.. it's just kinda nice to play them that way. If I don't get enough of the crew from the 1st run for a table then I'll reschedule.

IF I get enough interest for 2 runs... I might be willing to run it on Friday at 1 or 2pm Eastern as well.

I didn't sign up for Part 1 originally because I couldn't make the game date. But if you'll potentially GM a 2nd run for part 1 and/or 2, then color me interested! (Although I won't free up until next week.)

cmdisc
March 15th, 2016, 22:43
I voted for Saturday. Friday is no good for me because:

#1 It's my wife's birthday and

#2 I'd like to stay happily married.

If I run off to game during #1, then I will be unable to maintain #2. :p

bigboom
March 15th, 2016, 22:50
I voted for Saturday. Friday is no good for me because:

#1 It's my wife's birthday and

#2 I'd like to stay happily married.

If I run off to game during #1, then I will be unable to maintain #2. :p

And you'd probably not be able to maintain other future games beyond #2 as well, I take it? ;-)

Blackfoot
March 15th, 2016, 22:51
I didn't sign up for Part 1 originally because I couldn't make the game date. But if you'll potentially GM a 2nd run for part 1 and/or 2, then color me interested! (Although I won't free up until next week.)Currently I'm giving those who played part 1 the 1st crack at part 2. We'll see how that goes.

JWMK
March 15th, 2016, 23:07
Blackfoot - I would super love to be a part of this next session but Saturday at 4pm EST falls right when I am in the middle of my local PFS game day that I have commitments with. I could do Sunday (available all day), and I know cmdisc is not available on Friday. So sorry. Any chance you may run a 2nd session?

Blackfoot
March 17th, 2016, 19:55
OK. So I only had 3 of 6 check in to play this Saturday night, I believe I heard from d1wright that he was available too.. which gives us our 4 to play... if we got a couple more tomorrow that would be ok... but I'm sorta tempted to push it back until next week. If I did Tuesday at 1pm Eastern would that work for everyone?

Farnaby
March 17th, 2016, 21:37
I could manage 1:30 pm but only if nothing happens at work.

Blackfoot
March 17th, 2016, 21:49
1:30 eastern would mean a wrap time of 6:30 eastern.. I have another game at 7:30.. so that leaves me time to squeeze in some sort of food... I could even possibly start as late as 2 .. but anything later becomes an issue for me.

Blackfoot
March 17th, 2016, 21:53
Farnaby.. do you have the original of that portrait for Neeha? Perhaps we could work up something better in terms of the squareness issue... unless you are happy with what I did previously.

bsktballchmp85
March 17th, 2016, 23:32
that's a no go for me on tuesday

JWMK
March 18th, 2016, 04:12
I can do Tuesday at 1:00 or 1:30 at the latest. Have a hard stop time at 6pm.

Farnaby
March 18th, 2016, 04:52
Here's the original.

I haven't had time to work on it but knock yourself out. :)

aerine
March 18th, 2016, 05:57
I can do tuesday, I also have a hard stop around the time everyone else does. :)

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2016, 06:35
How's this?

Farnaby
March 18th, 2016, 07:49
Bloody fantastic! :D

Thanks Blackfoot.

cmdisc
March 18th, 2016, 08:02
At this time, next Tues can work. HG was planning on running a session soon that Dave and I are part of. It was looking to be next week sometime, although technically he hasn't committed to any days yet. So it could be pushed off until later.

In short, I can still do this Saturday or next Tues.

Looking at the calendar, I see a minor issue, however. We have three 3rd level characters, one 2nd, and two 1st. That's a pretty high APL for a subtier 1-2 run with those 3rd levels stomping around in it. I might have Fengard just sit back and let Gorduvo have a run at things. Last session poor Gorduvo was bored out of his mind sitting around defending a big wooden box that no one ever bothered to attack. This time he wants to see more action. :)

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2016, 14:29
I have a job interview this afternoon and depending on the result, I might end up being busy on weekdays from here on out. If that's the case then I'll be forced to run/play during 'normal person' hours.. evenings and weekends (Eastern Time). We'll see how it goes.
I'm sorry if this all seems a bit hard to coordinate.

bigboom
March 18th, 2016, 14:54
Good luck with the interview!

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2016, 16:02
Thanks.
Assuming that the planets are in line and I make this happen.. have their been any changes to anyone's character that I need to be aware of? If there are updates, please post them here. We might end up with a pretty quick turn around.

cmdisc
March 18th, 2016, 17:47
No changes here. Saving my money until I hit 18 Fame and can start buying 4k gp items. :)

And prayers and wishes of good luck to you concerning that interview.

Farnaby
March 18th, 2016, 18:13
Good luck with the job interview, you can tell us all about it tomorrow. :)

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2016, 19:52
Well.. the interview went fine.. but they won't be making a decision by Tuesday so that IS still an option at this point. It sounds like everyone is pretty tight for that slot. If everyone is comfortable with a few folks leaving a little early and coming a little late.. then we'll go with Tuesday at 1pm Eastern.. which is.. umm.. 5pm GMT? We will make every effort to finish within the time or early if possible.

cmdisc
March 18th, 2016, 20:41
Yes, 5pm GMT since DST has now shifted you from -5 to -4.

bsktballchmp85
March 18th, 2016, 21:53
Well that sucks looks like I can't play then cause I can't do 1 on tuesday

bsktballchmp85
March 18th, 2016, 21:58
Was looking to have a level 3 clerk soon

Blackfoot
March 18th, 2016, 22:04
Well that sucks looks like I can't play then cause I can't do 1 on tuesdaySorry man, I'm not sure that I could fix it so it worked for everyone, I had to go with the 5 out of 6 over the 4 out of 6 option. :(

cmdisc
March 18th, 2016, 22:59
Geltonk! Noooooooooo! Fengard will try to offer the group some healing, but as a Druid it won't come anywhere as naturally as with the cleric.

(FYI, BF, yes it looks like I owe you some files since Fengard has it 3rd now and Gorduvo is now 2nd. I'll look things over and post tomorrow).

cmdisc
March 18th, 2016, 23:05
Was looking to have a level 3 clerk soon

And you will soon enough. Lots more of these types of CORE games in store. I believe I have 3 to run at least. Other GMs are good for about another 5 or so in total. So there's 8 games at least before we're looking to jump to the Post-Tournament scenarios. :)

bsktballchmp85
March 19th, 2016, 00:24
And I'm doing 3 core games in FG con with holognome a normal and the multi table

cmdisc
March 19th, 2016, 10:22
And I'm doing 3 core games in FG con with holognome a normal and the multi table

He's got the gaming bug, folks! ;)

cmdisc
March 21st, 2016, 13:38
Here are updated files for Fengard and Gorduvo. BF, you have his last Chronicle.

Blackfoot
March 21st, 2016, 15:01
Anyone else with an updated character .. please get them to me ASAP. bsktballchmp85, if you think you 'might' make it.. get me your character anyway... that way we are covered if you work it out.

cmdisc
March 22nd, 2016, 08:26
Just an FYI. I expect to be on time. However my daughter's high school changed the softball team's daily practice times so now she can't make the bus and needs a ride. If my wife can't get her after work today, I'll need to run out there. I don't anticipate there being a problem, but if I'm late for any reason, go ahead and start without me and I'll be along shortly thereafter.

Blackfoot
March 22nd, 2016, 18:15
Aerine? Are you joining us?

JWMK
March 23rd, 2016, 03:26
Blackfoot - Great session today! Looking forward to the final chapter!

Blackfoot
March 23rd, 2016, 04:42
Thanks. I'll be getting in touch with everyone regarding chronicles tomorrow probably.

Blackfoot
March 23rd, 2016, 16:50
Session Reported. Working on getting the chronicles together now.

Blackfoot
March 24th, 2016, 10:41
Everyone should have received an email from me at this point. I am still waiting to hear back from Farnaby and JWMK.

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2016, 21:26
Everyone should have their chronicles at this point. If anyone has an issue, please let me know.
I'll be scheduling the next game soon. I am currently hoping to make it work for the 32nd of March.

cmdisc
March 25th, 2016, 23:13
I am currently hoping to make it work for the 32nd of March.

Ah, the irony. Love it! :)

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2016, 01:00
Yeah.. the 32nd isn't going to work. I'm looking at March 29th at 1pm Eastern time.
How does that work for everyone?
I'm going to put the time into the calendar and see how that goes. Aerine, you are welcome to join us for part 3, completing Part 2 prior is not essential... and they can be completed out of order (although obviously that's not the way they were intended to be played).

bigboom
March 27th, 2016, 04:38
Blackfoot, you're scheduling part 2 and not talking about scheduling a second session of part 1, right? Just checking!

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2016, 04:47
I'm talking about scheduling Part 3 actually, my intention is to open it up to the group who has played the 1st 2 parts first and then to others depending on what slots are available at that point. I do not plan on running a second session of any of it at this time.

bigboom
March 27th, 2016, 04:57
Ah okay, gotcha. Thanks!!

cmdisc
March 27th, 2016, 06:39
We're going to have a slight problem with Part 3 if our character level spread is from 1 to 4. That 4th level is going to be a bit overpowered with two 3's at his side all running through a 1-2. But a 4-5 is going to be way too tough for the 1 and 2's to go through. We'll have to get creative. Maybe Vulgar's girlfriend dumped him, so he's not in the right Stage of Grief to feel like raging. :p

If I'm seeing it correctly, current APL is 2.5

Vulgar 4
Fengard 3
Lucia 3
Vin 2
Geltonk 2
Neeha 1

Farnaby
March 27th, 2016, 07:31
Sorry Blackfoot, the next 2 weeks I'm on late shifts, I can only make friday - sunday work.
Unless you're up to hosting at 2 am ;)

bsktballchmp85
March 27th, 2016, 18:54
Yup switching it to the 29thbis a no go for me too short of notice to take time off of work which sucks didn't want to miss last scenario

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2016, 19:05
Sorry Blackfoot, the next 2 weeks I'm on late shifts, I can only make friday - sunday work.
Unless you're up to hosting at 2 am ;)I think my next 2 Fridays are booked.. I'm not 100% sure about the second one.. but I think so... oh wait.. isn't that FG Con weekend? OK.. so.. in theory.. I COULD run it as part of FG Con... Hrm. Heck.. I REALLY hope I'm working by then.

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2016, 19:09
I put out an email to Aerine. If she can make the 29th... I'm going to go ahead with that date. Otherwise I'll probably push it back until after FG Con.

cmdisc
March 27th, 2016, 21:15
Whenever everyone can make it we'll still need to deal with the level spread. Taking 1's and 2's through a 4-5 is asking them to be killed. Having 3's and 4's along in a 1-2 is going to be a cakewalk unless the dice are against us again. As this is Part 3, I'm sure everyone wants their own characters along. Can pregen credits be assigned to 1st levels that have XP? Or only to those with 0?

How do the 1's and 2's feel about using pregens and then holding the credits until their PCs hit 4th? Or am I asking too much here? I figured that way they don't lose out on Part 3 and we avoid the 3's and 4 from stomping around the playground. If limited XP is a concern, there are still several scenarios to go in this pre-Tournament section of Season 3. I have 3 session to run still. I know BF has 1 more at least and there are 2 that I'm tracking that no GM has claimed yet.

Just a few thoughts tossed out there, anyway.

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2016, 21:34
If Farnaby can't make it.. I think we are pretty much playing up.. but I could be mistaken.

cmdisc
March 27th, 2016, 22:08
Assuming Farnaby and bskballchmp85 can't make it, that leaves us with a table of 4, averaging an APL of 3 running through a 4-5. As there's no 4-person adjustment, I think we're asking for trouble running with that group. If Dave and/or myself and/or Aerine decided to use pregens, we might have an easier time of it. But there IS such a thing as taking on too big a challenge (although I'm not sure Dave knows of any such thing). :p

In short, I would be reluctant to run with an underpowered 4-man group through that.

Blackfoot
March 28th, 2016, 05:54
Well. It's hard to know. You guys certainly were challenged in the last part running in the lower tier.
At this point I have not heard back from Aerine, with the 29th session less than a day away ... I'm inclined to hold off. If I went for later in the week... how would that work? Maybe Thursday. I could do that as an option I think.. I don't need to be out of town until Friday.
I know that doesn't work for Farnaby....

d1wright
March 28th, 2016, 14:39
I would be unavailable Thursday. Also unavailable Saturday.

JWMK
March 28th, 2016, 15:16
FYI - Vulgar has just made Level 4 as well if you are looking at average player level etc. I am pretty flexible to get part III in, but not this Saturday or the weekend of FGCon as I am already booked up at a local Con and FGCon sessions (maxed out).

bsktballchmp85
March 28th, 2016, 19:21
I could do Thursday afternoon

cmdisc
March 28th, 2016, 19:30
This week(end) is looking like a no-go for most folks. What about Sun, Mon, Tues, or Wed of next week? (The 3rd through the 6th).

That or we need to wait until after the CON.

Blackfoot
March 28th, 2016, 19:43
I just heard back from aerine regarding Tuesday/tomorrow. She is available, but that puts us back into the tier issue.
With 4 members of the original game available, I'm willing to run Tuesday/tomorrow and put the game open for anyone else from the community who wants to join in.
Player Characters currently are:
Fengard - Druid 2/Barbarian 1
Lucia - Fighter 3
Vulgar - Barbarian 4
Vin Sha - Monk 2 (unless she went up to 3 when I wasn't looking)

That gives us an APL of 3 which means we play up.
Two Level 1s or a Level 2 and a Level 1 would bring us down to the point where we'd play down, otherwise it's up.

cmdisc
March 28th, 2016, 20:08
Running a 4th, two 3rds, and a 2nd through a 4-5 with no 4-pc adjustment for the scenario is going to be rough. I would recommend Aerine use a 4th lvl Pregen and give the credit to Vin if she's ok with that. Regardless, I might consider doing the same for Fengard as we really don't have much in the way of healing (Fengard can slot a few CLW, but would be in rage-mode during fights and won't be taking the time to buff/heal anyone). Plus Kyra by 4th level is starting to shine.

Anyone think these suggestions are particularly good or bad for any reason?

Blackfoot
March 28th, 2016, 20:17
Let's see if anyone signs up and cross the pregen bridge if we need to.

Blackfoot
March 28th, 2016, 20:20
Actually, not to suggest your tactics.. but with 3 melee combatants (Vin, Vulgar, Gorduvo) and Lucia ... that kinda frees up Fengard to do more druidy stuff.

d1wright
March 29th, 2016, 00:32
I'd prefer to play the upper tier. If others would prefer not to play upper tier with 4 players, we could wait until we had more folks available.

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 00:40
Is there a boon to complete this?

JWMK
March 29th, 2016, 00:54
I am OK going upper tier! So long as it doesn't involve any knowledge checks or basically anything except for fighting... :)

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 00:55
If there is a boon for doing all three I'm gonna talk to my boss to get the afternoon off. Got to get that boon

JWMK
March 29th, 2016, 01:14
Bsktballchmp85 - not sure, but I do think someone said that there is a boon for doing all 3. Hope you can make it!

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 01:57
I'll let you know first thing in morning if I can do it have to talk to boss at 7 am

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2016, 02:03
Bsktballchmp85 is Geltonk still the same as he was at the end of last game?

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 02:45
No cause I had to fix him I can send you a new lineup for him

d1wright
March 29th, 2016, 02:51
BChamp: Boss, I'd like to work half a day today. I'm afraid that it's going to be a TPK if they go upper tier without me.

Boss: What?

BChamp: I need the XP to keep up and there's a boon for being in all three.

Boss: What's your name again? Should I know what you're talking about?

BChamp: It's called the Pathfinder Society. Explore, Report, Cooperate. I can't let them down.

Boss: Well if it's a Boy Scout thing, then sure. Whatever you need, just make sure you get your work in before you leave.

BChamp: Umm sure. Thanks.

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 02:54
Ummm yeah not quite I work at a naval base and run one of the shops and have quite a bit of time saved up

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 02:57
updated character

JWMK
March 29th, 2016, 03:01
BChamp: Boss, I'd like to work half a day today. I'm afraid that it's going to be a TPK if they go upper tier without me.

Boss: What?

BChamp: I need the XP to keep up and there's a boon for being in all three.

Boss: What's your name again? Should I know what you're talking about?

BChamp: It's called the Pathfinder Society. Explore, Report, Cooperate. I can't let them down.

Boss: Well if it's a Boy Scout thing, then sure. Whatever you need, just make sure you get your work in before you leave.

BChamp: Umm sure. Thanks.

This made me laugh out loud for real... :)

cmdisc
March 29th, 2016, 08:48
Here is Lvl 4 Seelah if one of our 2nd level PCs wishes to use a pregen instead. She's got the hpts, AC, and dps to handle a 4-5 subtier. I might be able to prep Amiri or Kyra later today if I have time.

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2016, 09:55
With 5 players plus Gorduvo.. it shouldn't be THAT bad.
The APL is 3 or 2.8 depending on whether Geltonk makes it or not. And this being a season 2.. it was really written for 4 players.

cmdisc
March 29th, 2016, 10:28
I'm not seeing it as overall APL (which is still low), but as individuals. Two 5ths and a bunch of 1sts and 2nds aren't as capable as a small party of 4ths and 5ths. Unless you know this scenario happens to be low-combat, 2nd level characters running through a 4-5 are generally asking for trouble. They don't have the skills, the AC, or the Hpts to stand up to what could be CR 6 and 7 encounters. But then I don't have the scenario in front of me, so I wouldn't know how they would perform in this one specifically. Taking a pregen is just something to not only make the party stronger overall, but guard against a lowbie being insta-killed when some monster unleashes a full attack on them.

Just my two cents and not my call as to what others want to do. But Seelah wasn't on the Pregen thread, so here she is in case anyone wants her. :)

bsktballchmp85
March 29th, 2016, 10:56
I'll be there today

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2016, 18:06
JWMK will you be joining us?

JWMK
March 29th, 2016, 18:22
Sent you email - Was delayed at the office - Will be online shortly - Please start without it me...

cmdisc
March 30th, 2016, 07:02
Well it looks like the Dice were with us this time around....which is a good thing as there were a few touch and go moments that could have been very different had BF been rolling like he did during Part II.

I looked up the Character Trait Web Enhancement document and the Additional Traits Feat is listed there. So it appears to be an official part of CORE. Just in case anyone was interested in more than 2 Traits. The normal limits apply though where you can only have one of each kind. So no taking 2 Combat Traits.

Thanks for running this, BF. Per my email to you; yes with the Rations (I had to buy double so poor Gorduvo would have something to eat too), strike the wand purchase, and add the cloak upgrade. 3006gp total in expenditure.