PDA

View Full Version : FG Forum: Posts getting deleted when I try to edit them

Brewin
March 2nd, 2016, 11:11
Couldn't see anyone else reporting this problem and figured this was the best place to post this...

I've tried to edit posts on a campaign I'm organising twice now and both times it's thrown an error and deleted the original post *which is a little frustrating*

Possibly it's related to the fact that my posts are currently subject to moderator approval (which I take it is because I'm a new poster and to stop spammers). Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions to avoid this?

I've reported it to the moderator too in case you ask but yet to get a reply on that (and they may not be able to do anything about it anyway). Currently I've got a new post waiting to be added to my thread here so that there's campaign details back in the thread again:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28614-D-amp-D-5e-Lost-Mine-of-Phandelver-(Greyhawk-conversion)-Australian-time-zone

Thanks in advance for any advice/sympathy :)

damned
March 2nd, 2016, 11:22
Hola Brewin
Are you putting links to other sites in your posts?
If so - dont - until you have a dozen or so posts.
They arent getting deleted - just held for moderation.

Brewin
March 2nd, 2016, 11:35
Well I'll be damned! (actually that's you - sorry bad joke) That's probably it you know...

I was wondering why some of my posts got posted immediately whereas these ones I was editing to try to post an update on campaign details weren't... My campaign posts included a link to the worldtimezone dot com site cos that an easy reference for people to see what my time is in theirs... So I think I'll just avoid putting in actual links in future - thanks!

dulux-oz
March 2nd, 2016, 11:47
I've approved your other posts - but I'd follow damned's advice on not including links for a while :)

Brewin
March 2nd, 2016, 11:57
Thanks (again) Dulux! Noted! :)