PDA

View Full Version : Characters Disappeared from PC list?

BulletB3ar
March 2nd, 2016, 07:19
Okay I've done a few google searches that have turned up negative results to what has happened exactly, But could anyone point me in the direction of info about my situation?

I recently got the ultimate license and the main books and had my friends join my campaign thingy to transfer their character related infos and stuff from roll20 to the interface here, but after it all finished up and I closed the app later
and reopened it, all the data they entered was gone, all 3 characters D: , how do I prevent this? Is it because they are demo users and theres something I must do to make sure they save?

damned
March 2nd, 2016, 08:30
BulletB3ar some questions:

When you launch FG what does it say on the upper right hand corner of the screen? It should tell you your version and license.
Once you launch the game can you type /console in the chat window and then /save. Do you get any errors on doing so?
Is it possible you opened a different campaign the second time around?
Have you changed your FG Data location to a cloud sync drive like OneDrive, DropBox etc?

BulletB3ar
March 2nd, 2016, 08:36
BulletB3ar some questions:

When you launch FG what does it say on the upper right hand corner of the screen? It should tell you your version and license.
Once you launch the game can you type /console in the chat window and then /save. Do you get any errors on doing so?
Is it possible you opened a different campaign the second time around?
Have you changed your FG Data location to a cloud sync drive like OneDrive, DropBox etc?

I launched it, loaded the campaign that I created for it, had them join it, went to work, came back, closed it when everyone was done, opened it a few days later as I had got sick for a few days, and the stuff was gone, afterwards I figured maybe the problem wouldn't happen again if I moved the file to a less hidden spot like the documents folder on the onedrive. I have yet to get them in there again to see if it happens a second time.

Upper right hand says 3.1.6ULTIMATE , haven't had an issue with the /save command, it seems to automatically back itself up too, that's why I'm confused as to where all that data went.

Thanks for response

damned
March 2nd, 2016, 08:41
There have been plenty of reports of data on cloud sync drives getting corrupted... Id move it back to the default location. You can test it too. Create a character yourself. Exit FG and go back in.

BulletB3ar
March 2nd, 2016, 08:54
There have been plenty of reports of data on cloud sync drives getting corrupted... Id move it back to the default location. You can test it too. Create a character yourself. Exit FG and go back in.

For now I can't get it to repeat the same thing, I'll have to see what happens when I get my players in again.