PDA

View Full Version : Corrupting image files?

GrimmSpector
March 1st, 2016, 04:21
Using pngs as images on character sheets. Was working fine, and now the past few loads it's started occassionally giving me errors telling me it couldn't load some of them. A couple of the files appeared to have been deleted, recopied them in, no errors for a few loads, then there were errors again, on different PNGs in the same set again. This time the files are still there but they aren't working for whatever reason. Not sure if it's failing to load for some reason internal to the system, or a problem with the files themselves. I just get the error:

Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (<icon resource name>)

Icons are defined in one of my graphics xmls just like all the other icons being used, and as mentioned all loaded perfectly fine the first several loads.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2016, 06:53
FG does not edit/delete any ruleset files or campaign image files, so my guess is that it might be file synch software or something else changing your files.

Regards,
JPG

GrimmSpector
March 1st, 2016, 15:44
Nope, no other software touches the FG data directories, and it's only affecting these particular files from what I can tell. It's very strange, and the ones that claim to fail to load if they're still present, when examined seem to have no damage to their integrity.

I'll have to poke around at the files while FG is in action and see if I can find what's happening. I'll let you know if I find anything weird.

GrimmSpector
March 1st, 2016, 17:08
Solved this. Turns out it was Windows 8....it had file handles open on the images to generated thumbnails...if anyone has this issue, restarts of windows will usually fix it. If windows persists, don't let it index that folder. Once a ruleset is in .pak form instead of directory form it should be a non-issue.