PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Thule

Thane
February 29th, 2016, 19:46
Greetings all!

Anyword on the release of the Primeval Thule setting for 5e DnD? Ready to roll on a campaign and sure would like to pay for someone else's skilled work creating it rather then creating my own stopgap module. Even a ballpark estimate would go worlds towards aiding me in what I should prioritize for my campaign.

Thanks!

Bernard

ddavison
March 1st, 2016, 00:39
We are just waiting for a requested change for our internal build of PAR5E and then we can make the final patches and push it out for sale and to the KS backers.

Thane
March 1st, 2016, 03:06
Thanks for the reply! Looks like I should do a little work to get me buy until then.

pauljmendoza
March 2nd, 2016, 20:37
Good to hear!

Wazoodust
March 3rd, 2016, 06:00
I did the KS thing, and am patiently awaiting this also, I am running Crytal Shard right now in hopes it will go long enough that we can get Thule before it's finished up and can just shift into it. We finished LMoP and needed something to keep people into it and keep the group going as we all play well together

ddavison
April 23rd, 2016, 06:42
The Campaign Setting conversion has just been added to all but one backer, who we don't have FG account info for. I've released it to each of the KS backers first but will be posting it up for sale on the store and on Steam next week.

This is just the Campaign Setting (which is huge and awesome) but does not yet include the companions or adventures that were unlocked as stretch goals. The conversion was started by Venomous Filligree and completed by me. Let me know what you think.

Mask_of_winter
April 23rd, 2016, 06:43
The Campaign Setting conversion has just been added to all but one backer, who we don't have FG account info for. I've released it to each of the KS backers first but will be posting it up for sale on the store and on Steam next week.

This is just the Campaign Setting (which is huge and awesome) but does not yet include the companions or adventures that were unlocked as stretch goals. The conversion was started by Venomous Filligree and completed by me. Let me know what you think.
Anyway to drag and drop the narratives as a substitute for backgrounds?

ddavison
April 23rd, 2016, 06:47
I hadn't considered that, but I can look into it. Can I get a "seconded" from someone else? The only thing I can think is that the narratives are fairly lengthy. Is that a problem at all?

pauljmendoza
April 23rd, 2016, 08:18
I'd like that as well. The drag and drop narratives would be terrific, actually I had assumed they were going to be done this way :(

pauljmendoza
April 23rd, 2016, 08:19
Also, I made a Narrative in Par5e as an experiment so I know it can be done, I just figured you guys had a better way to do it.

jshauber
April 23rd, 2016, 12:45
I would love to see the races and narratives as a separate entity that can be shared with players so they can make characters with the drag/drop functionality without giving them access to everything else.

Any seconds on that?

Thane
April 23rd, 2016, 13:45
I created the narratives for drag and drop in my current campaign. I would vote for races as well.

Thanks Dave!

ddaley
April 23rd, 2016, 17:56
Thank you! This is perfect timing. I was just talking to my players this morning about trying out Thule soon.

pauljmendoza
April 23rd, 2016, 18:10
Races drag and drop for me, they seem fine. Thane, I would like to see how you made your narratives, I had to format the thing as a regular background, so it does not follow the Thule format (Key Identities were listed under Suggested Characteristics, etc.) and all of the features (1st, 6th, and 10th) were added at once.

pauljmendoza
April 23rd, 2016, 18:11
Also, magic items is entirely blank, but the magic item templates are fine.

ddavison
April 23rd, 2016, 20:48
I just pushed an update that converts the Narratives to Backgrounds and I split the backgrounds, races, spells, equipment and first 2 chapters of the reference manual out into a separate module that you can share with the players when they connect. I would need to read through Chapter 3 some more to see if it made sense for this to be shared too. I think not, but let me know if you disagree. I just wouldn't want to give away any DM secrets.

pauljmendoza
April 23rd, 2016, 21:04
Nice :D

pauljmendoza
April 23rd, 2016, 21:39
Is there any plan to add a Decal or Theme for Thule to this?

jshauber
April 24th, 2016, 14:15
I just pushed an update that converts the Narratives to Backgrounds and I split the backgrounds, races, spells, equipment and first 2 chapters of the reference manual out into a separate module that you can share with the players when they connect. I would need to read through Chapter 3 some more to see if it made sense for this to be shared too. I think not, but let me know if you disagree. I just wouldn't want to give away any DM secrets.

Perfect, that is enough for the players. The less they know the more fun it is for us DMs!

timdog88
April 25th, 2016, 00:54
So are the add ons and adventures going to be converted in the future?