PDA

View Full Version : Things you only see using Fantasy Grounds

drakonin
February 29th, 2016, 17:20
Fantasy Grounds is the best online tool I have every used to engage in pen and paper RPGs, I do miss gaming in person for all the little nuanced emotions only a face can show you and the hilarious things that come with it. That said FG adds its own hilarity. I am running a typing only DnD 5e game for about 8 months now and some of the things I have seen that only come with using this tool has been from hilarious to game breaking.

Most recently a Monk PC was getting all fancy with flavor text using various disciplines and burning Ki interrupted when he attacked with DIS and stated. "Bah, I have proned myself" when he selected himself for the effect.

Playing Horde of the Dragon queen I really wanted to set the stage for the bandit camp and added about a 100 bandit types to the combat tracker and the map, was going great until the bard accidentally hit "select all". I had no idea what happened at the time but FG hard froze and I imagine my CPU and internet bandwidth peaked for several seconds before it crashed. Lesson learned...

What have you all seen that is unique to FG?

gaara6666
February 29th, 2016, 20:26
one thing ive seen FG do more than any pen and paper gaming ive ever dealt with.. FG KNOWS HOW TO SCREW YOU OVER LOL. The thing is like skynet. the more you describe your action and how cool it looks and how much detail it has the more likely of FG to bounce off of a 17 onto 1 heh

Valarian
February 29th, 2016, 21:57
When I forget to select the NPC Id before assigning damage: "GM hits PCName causing 12 damage"
My players think I'm out to get them.

dulux-oz
March 1st, 2016, 00:15

Aren't you? :confused: :p

Skellan
March 1st, 2016, 02:02
I accidentally hit myself all the time

getting the token scaling wrong - its always fun when a 100 foot spider appears

Not mentioning that the characters have been pickpocketed and just removing the cash/items is hours of fun :P (yeah, I am a meanie)

dulux-oz
March 1st, 2016, 02:13
Not mentioning that the characters have been pickpocketed and just removing the cash/items is hours of fun :P (yeah, I am a meanie)

That

Is

AWESOME!!!!

I never thought of that - now I can see a gang of pickpockets just lurking around the corner <WEG>

JohnD
March 3rd, 2016, 04:47
When I forget to select the NPC Id before assigning damage: "GM hits PCName causing 12 damage"

I would have thought that's a given.

JohnD
March 3rd, 2016, 15:37
Fantasy Grounds is the best online tool I have every used to engage in pen and paper RPGs...

What have you all seen that is unique to FG?

People complaining about having the ability/opportunity to play when otherwise there'd be none.

Black Hammer
March 3rd, 2016, 21:29
That one button away from things working, though that is I suppose more unique to online gaming in general. It takes many forms:

The guy who accidentally mutes himself and doesn't realize it for fifteen minutes.
Not sharing the combat tracker
Not making the enemies on the map visible to the players
Accidentally turning up modifiers when moving the mouse over the modifier box, then making an unrelated roll ("And the goblin hits you for... 4 plus 54 damage is 58!")

"Clear combat tracker" is my nemesis. Finally got everything on there in proper order? Lemme right click on that one, and boom.