PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Darkness: Status Update (Originally nWoD)

drahkar
February 29th, 2016, 13:23
I am re-branding the New World of Darkness Ruleset as the Chronicles of Darkness Ruleset to match the changes that are happening in the system ownership. From this point on I will be updating this thread with news regarding the Ruleset. Please do not post in the original thread anymore.

Please post any questions or requests here. Also I've attached a URL for a Discord Chat Server than I will be connected to for discussion regarding the Ruleset and upcoming changes. So feel free to join.
Current Activity: Re-branding to Chronicles of Darkness

FGRepository Feed: https://fgrepository.com/category/rulesets/system/chronicles-of-darkness/
Discord Chatroom Invite: https://discord.gg/0qnMXpDIwtrx6VmT
Jira: https://darkmatter.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

drahkar
February 29th, 2016, 14:28
Added a Discord Chatroom that I will attempt to be in regularly for those who have questions, comments, or suggestions for the CoD ruleset.

drahkar
March 1st, 2016, 13:59
Status Update for CoD: https://fgrepository.com/2016/03/01/chronicles-of-darkness-status-update/

tl;dr -
At the suggestion of Trenloe, I have investigated the <importruleset> feature as used by the 5E ruleset for building off the CoreRPG Ruleset. It appears that this may be a viable solution for implementing the Ruleset for Chronicles of Darkness.

drahkar
March 6th, 2016, 09:46
New Update for the CoD Ruleset: https://fgrepository.com/2016/03/06/chronicles-of-darkness-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new/

For those who want to just watch the feed for new CoD Posts, you can track that here: https://fgrepository.com/category/rulesets/system/chronicles-of-darkness/

drahkar
March 7th, 2016, 14:19
New Update for the CoD Ruleset:https://fgrepository.com/2016/03/07/chronicles-of-darkness-a-new-look/

For those who want to just watch the feed for new CoD Posts, you can track that here: https://fgrepository.com/category/rul...s-of-darkness/ (https://fgrepository.com/category/rulesets/system/chronicles-of-darkness/)

tl;dr - The Ruleset is getting a theme overhaul thanks to the generous contributions of Luthbel!

Luthbel
March 31st, 2016, 23:16
I need to find some time to finish up some of the game lines themes. By now, the Chronicles of Darkness and Vampire the Requiem ones are finished, and the Demon the Descent, Changeling the Lost and Werewolf the Forsaken need some minor tweaking. My plan is to make a theme per game line. Here I re-post some screen captures:
13642 13643 13644 13645 13646
Best regards!

chumbly
April 19th, 2016, 01:36
Any news of progress, anybody feeling like sharing... particularly on the rule set side?
New feature ideas etc.

Not trying to put pressure on anybody.. I really appreciate what you are doing...
Do it at your pace, in your timescale, how you want...

It's Just
Me and some suicidal felines are just plain curious

chumbly:cool:

drahkar
April 20th, 2016, 13:12
Any news of progress, anybody feeling like sharing... particularly on the rule set side?
New feature ideas etc.

Not trying to put pressure on anybody.. I really appreciate what you are doing...
Do it at your pace, in your timescale, how you want...

It's Just
Me and some suicidal felines are just plain curious

chumbly:cool:

It never hurts to ask!

My plans fell off the rail for several weeks due to illness and a business trip I had to take. I'm currently working on the sheet switching code that is the code of how all of the systems interact with the ruleset. (The ability to change what type of creature your character is)

The primary features that are being focused on for the Chronicles of Darkness Core Ruleset 1.0.0 is:

1) Have the ability to switch between character sheets
2) Be able to add those character sheets using extensions
3) Create the initial Mortal character sheet that is packaged in Chronicles of Darkness Core

Once those are completed, my next task I will focus on is rebuilding all of the other systems as extensions for the new Ruleset.

They will be converted in this order:

1) Mage: The Awakening
2) Vampire: The Requiem
3) Geist: The Sin-Eaters
4) Hunter: The Vigil
5) Promethean: The Created
6) Changling: The Lost
7) Werewolf: The Forsaken
8) Demon: The Descent
9) Mummy: The Curse
10) Beast: The Primordial

I also am working on creating items for other features people are asking for, so if you have any specific features you would like to see, definitely comment on it.

drahkar
April 20th, 2016, 21:57
I've posted a link to the Jira instance I'm using to track my work on the Ruleset now. I've added all of the feature requests that I have been given and I'm working on creating the Jiras for the work that has been completed. Though I admit tracking the already finished work is low priority due to wanting to spend that time on getting new work done.

If you think of a feature that is not in there currently, make sure to message me here, on Discord, through the fgrepository site or at drahkar (at) fgrepository.com. The more feature requests I get, the more I can develop the ruleset to what the community needs. Otherwise I'm working in a vacuum and what everyone gets is based on what i think they need.

Jira: https://darkmatter.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

dlione
April 29th, 2016, 05:58
Hello, I was wondering if this ruleset will support the first edition of the new world line or just what Onyx Publishing has put out?
The images look beautiful. I can't wait to see how it feels. Keep up the good work and thanks for putting in that work.

Luthbel
April 29th, 2016, 08:04
Hi dlione,
The only big modification in the core character sheet is the replacement of "virtue and vice" in the non-human templates. The other new features are added to the existing ones in 1st edition, so I suppose it will not be a problem to host 1st edition games (in fact, my debut as FG GM will be a game for Changeling: the Lost as soon as the 1st beta comes out!)

Nylanfs
April 29th, 2016, 15:27
Welcome to the forums and FG community dlione!

drahkar
April 29th, 2016, 20:41
Initial release will definitely be 1st Edition. I'm attempting to keep existing usage in place. I'll schedule a option that allows you to switch to 2nd edition in a future release.

Luthbel
April 30th, 2016, 16:26
Perfect! :)

drahkar
May 14th, 2016, 18:40
Quick update. Things are still progressing. I'm currently working on building out the skill dots code.

This has all been delayed a bit as my daughter broken her arm on Tuesday, but I'm working on doing some catchup.

chillybilly
May 17th, 2016, 13:06
Looking forward to seeing this. Best wishes for your daughter.

Manahtar
June 7th, 2016, 03:19
I'm gonna suscribe to this thread, hope i can try this soon :)

Dr0W
July 5th, 2016, 04:30
Really looking forward for this. :)

Valekk
July 6th, 2016, 23:00
Checking in to see how this is going

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 11th, 2016, 02:13
Any news about the ruleset?
Any predictions for your release?

Valekk
August 10th, 2016, 23:57
Any Update?

Mirloc
August 12th, 2016, 15:00
You are doing great work on the new ruleset. Thank you so much for moving this forward, WoD is one of my favorite rulesets, as I appreciate the way the game flows.

gandhi39
August 21st, 2016, 22:47
Anxious for the first release!

chillybilly
November 17th, 2016, 14:22
Has there been any word about the status of this project? Perhaps of a ornithological nature?

Luthbel
December 4th, 2016, 15:50
Hi friends!
The graphics are almost all done. I wanted to finish the Mage, Beast and Mummy themes, but Iīm waiting for the programing functionalities, if not the graphics are just nice coreRPG skins, but useless for any other thing. All the other game themes/skins are finished. In fact, we start a Mage 1st edition game just today, too much wait, too sad.
Regards!
Luth

Luthbel
December 4th, 2016, 18:31
Duplicated post, sorry

Valekk
February 5th, 2017, 17:42
Very excited for this!

Luthbel
February 5th, 2017, 21:41
Finally, I updated the old ruleset to 2nd edition. Iīm not a programmer, but well, Iīve learnt quite a bit these days LOL. Itīsjust a fix with several modifications, of the original ruleset. Initially, I tried to do one from scratch, but I donīt have the programming habilities to do so. Itīs important to say that I did the beta in spanish, I will add a link for free use of the ruleset and extensions, but I can only provide the Spanish files, because it has become a personal project, but I donīt have any problem to share it. I will do a dev kit with some of the photoshop files to easely translate them not only to English, but to any other language. Here is a list of the changes and addons I did:
Ruleset:
• Complete graphics rebuild, Chronicles of Darkness theme built in in 1080p background.
• Several 2nd edition features added to the character sheet: aspirations, conditions, beats and experiences.
• Several Font changes and fixes.
• Link button added
• “Characters” section moved in the sidebar from the upper section to the big icons zone.
Extensions:
• 2 Different extensions per game line: character sheet and theme.
• Current themes available: Vampire the Requiem, Mage the Awakening and Changeling the Lost. More coming in the future. 1080p backgrounds
• Several 2nd edition features added to the character sheet: aspirations, conditions, beats and experiences.
I think thatīs all :). I havenīt tried to use older character sheets in the new sheets, but I loaded several modules I did for the older ruleset and those work perfectly well.
Hereīre some pics of the current status of the ruleset and themes.

Valekk
February 6th, 2017, 13:46
Its looking really nice! Keep up the good work

Luthbel
February 6th, 2017, 15:25
Thanks!
Iīm fixing stuff here and there, and trying to add some extra features. I changed the fonts fo make the text a bit bigger and the bold text darker, and I want to add the text format features to the "notes". We will test it on Friday and Sunday, and if everything works fine, I will send a word to the FG guys and look how to upload the updated ruleset and existing extensions, and look of someone is interested on doing the translation to english and any other languages, I will make available a devkit with the photoshop files and fonts to make it easy

Black Hammer
February 20th, 2017, 19:37
I am currently planning a nWoD game (specifically Hunter: the Vigil), so I'll be keeping an eye on this. My plan is to get started by mid-March, so hopefully things will go smoothly with the polishing and uploading.

Regarding a translation to English, unless you wrote it in Latin or Japanese I'm not much help, but I can certainly provide assistance with proofreading and editing once it's mostly translated. Have some professional experience with that.

Ruinous
February 28th, 2017, 21:06
I just bought a copy of Vampire: the Dark Ages off of amazon for around $10, simply out of nostalgia. The writing is really well done, but the system is....a little dated to say the least. I put a post in the local game shop about starting up a group and the responses were overwhelming. Looks like ill have to actually re read everything. I look forward to what you are able to do! This is really neat, thank you!

Luthbel
March 4th, 2017, 19:08
Finally, Iīve been able to update the older new World of Darkness ruleset to a newer version compatible with Chronicles of Darkness. Sadly, itīs not based on coreRPG, Iīve learnt some xml and lua scripting just to do the changes here. Additionally, I did all this to use with my play group, so itīs in Spanish (hopefully someone may translate to English and/or any other language). I include a toolkit with guidelines to modify the graphics texts themselves, so it may make it easier. Here is a list of wīhat Iīve done so far, and the changes I made to the first ruleset:
1. Text is bigger now: Iīve used bigger fonts to make it easier to read the story, library, notes, etc. Iīve also implemented a much bigger header text, with a diferent color for each gameline included to date.
2. Dramatic graphic improvement to the entire ruleset, with lots of original graphics, and using official images to compose the backgrounds, created for an optimal resolution of 1080p. All text boxes are slightly transparent, so if you have a box covering another one, itīs easy to notice that, without making it hard to read the text in the top text box.
3. Sidebar buttons and icons re-arranged, both for players and storytellers: Now storytellers have access to the "notes" section, the "characters" section is now a full featured icon both for players and storytellers, and the players now have access to unlocked equipment and images. The fading effect of the sidebar of the older ruleset is still there, just because itīs freaking awesome.
4. The library box had been modified to donīt allow to loss the augmenting glass inside the list of topics.
5. The chat window is now bigger, with aproximatelly the same size as other newer rulesets.
6. All character sheets have now zones to add the newer rules of 2nd edition games, such as aspirations, conditions, beats/experiences, etc. Notice that the diferent game lines have diferent setups, but all of them include the needed stuff to play both editions of the game(s)
7. The max image size had been incresed from 700x700 to 1600x1000. You can reduce the image sizes if you need to, but it works very well in a fullHD screen.

Known bug: For some reason Iīm not able to understand, the ruselet donīt want to export libraries. Iīve found a lame but effective solution: remove the ruleset I modified and put again the classic one, export, return to the new ruleset and load the library. Itīs working here, but I will find the issue eventually.

Things I want to implement:
1. Convert the "effects" section into a place to register the conditions and tilts of CofD and the other games.
2. Allow to drag and drop links to the character sheet (s). I mean, if you created a library with the Requiem clans, you could simply drag and drop your favourite clan from the library you created directly to the Clan text line in the character sheet. The same for merits, disciplines/arcanum/gifts/contracts, etc... Still no clue how to do so, but I will find it LOL

A final note: the ruleset is also called "World of Darkness", so it will be compatible with any content you previously created. I encourage you, anyways, to do backups of your campaigns developed with the older ruleset. We noticed that the names of the skills appeared duplicated, so itīs better to be sure you have a backup. Additionally, you can find a folder called "TOOLKIT" inside the main ruleset. Inside that folder you will find 2 photoshop files: one ready to create the sidebar icons in your own language, and another with the side tittles of the windows, all of them with the same formats I used. Thereīre hidden layers and effects to do the pushed versions of the icons, and the material includes support for Chronicles of Darkness, Vampire the Requiem, Mage the Awakening and Changeling the Lost (more will come in the future). Also you will find the 4 fonts you need to make it all look like in the books (my version of Mage use a diferent font, but itīs impossible to chare it, because its embbeded in adobe suite)
Also, be sure to place the older World of Darkness ruleset and the Vampire, Mage and Changeling extensions outside the Fantasy Grounds folder to donīt get any kind of conflict (but donīt delete them, just in case).
If you do translations to other languages, please, share, I know a lot of people around the world is waiting for this.
And PLEASE read all the boring stuff Iīve write before start, just to donīt get bad experiences. And now, here we go!:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yeh9to0rdzbtz8r/AADsogpY0Q5j8AVMPljSPgVia?dl=0

Luthbel
March 4th, 2017, 19:10
Ruinous:
Sadly, this ruleset is not compatible with Vampire the Dark Ages. At least not "out of the box". Thereīs a conversion guide between Requiem and Masquerade (Dark Ages included) that allows you to implement the classic World of Darkness inside the new one (now called Chronicles of Darkness for less confussion), and you can find a ruleset for Vampire the Requiem in the Wiki section of the Fantasy Grounds website too.

thanatos0
March 18th, 2017, 04:40
can anyone perhaps help me understand what the extensions that are on the fantasy grounds wiki for chronicles of darkness (world of darkness on wiki) do exactly I load the ruleset without the extensions and then with them and I see no difference can someone explain it to me? ps. I am using the old ruleset as I can't figure out how to change language and size for the updated ruleset

Luthbel
March 18th, 2017, 10:23
Sure.
The extensions allow you to convert the mortal character template into almost any of the creatures of the Chronicles of Darkness universe. If you load the extensions, you can change a player character into that creature by right clicking on the skull button of the character sheet. You will see all the creatures icons, select one and the character sheet will change acordingly.
You must have in mind that if youīre using my new extensions, you shouldnīt use the older ones for the same creature or it will cause problems. In the other hand, you can load my vampire extension and the hunter or geist extension from the wiki, and it will work fine. You will have some stuff in English and some stuff in Spanish in the character sheet, but the character sheet will not cause problems (at least, it shouldnīt, I havenīt tested it). If you need to translate the 2nd version of the ruleset, or any of the theme extensions I did, I added a folder called "TOOLKIT" with all the icons ready to translate, and the fonts I used (usually, similar to the ones Onyx Path and White Wolf use for the original games)
I can understand you, I also needed some time to understand the mechanics of template changing, but the truth is that itīs just briliant.

Luthbel
March 18th, 2017, 10:30
Iīve been a bit busy recently, but I plan to convert the werewolf theme and character sheet, and i will do the changes for all the game lines in a regular basis. The only one I fear is Demon: the Descent, because it have a quite weird character sheet distribution, but I will try anyways.
I also invite people to translate the ruleset and extensions to their own langages. If you guys have any problem, feel free to PM me, or place a post in this thread.
In the other hand, Drahkar is working on a real 2nd ruleset, based on coreRPG. The latest news I had is that heīs having problem with the template-changing feature. As soon as he have the new ruleset done, I will fit these graphic themes to the coreRPG-based ruleset as well.

thanatos0
March 18th, 2017, 17:13
ok sounds good thank you for responding

Black Hammer
March 25th, 2017, 00:26
Stupid question time.

If I want to make all the buttons in English, without changing their functionality, all I need to do is:

1) Unpack the .pak file (I have the FG PEM utility for that)
2) Find the relevant XML files that display text (charsheet_main.xml for instance)
3) Comb through the files and manually change every Spanish term (Aspiraciones) to the English one (Aspirations)
4) Stick my translated files in a folder
5) Repack them in a new .PAK

Sound more or less correct? I figure I'll start there and then start worrying what game-specific functionality I'd want to add. Plan on using it for Hunter the Vigil.

damned
March 25th, 2017, 02:02
Hi Black Hammer you would be best though doing this in an extension so that you dont have to redo all your work if this version is updated in the future.
The Extension works very similarly to the process you have described.

Luthbel
March 27th, 2017, 22:24
Just as you guys said, and additionally, you have a folder called "TOOLKIT" inside the ruleset .pak including files editable via photoshop to change the sidebar and tab icon texts. Iīve also included the fonts used (except the Mage one, because it was a special kind of font from Adobe, very similar to the one White Wolf used for the tittle of the game)

Luthbel
May 9th, 2018, 19:12
Hello!
Itīs been a long time without posting here, Iīve been literally learning lots of coding stuff for this ruleset, and I have some interesting news about it. Initially, I started to make graphic changes, later I made other simpler coding modifications, but finally I decided to do the big jump. Iīm not coder, so itīs taking a while to do some of the changes and implementations, but the results are quite interesting:
-Iīve been able to "layer" it to work as a coreRPG-based ruleset.
-All the game mechanics of the old ruleset are fully functional in the new one.
-The chat is fully compatible with coreRPG: the languages section is functional, and the chat window auto-scales and is fully scalable and movable.
-The NPC sheet design include a full featured sheet, with all the attributes, skills, merits and powers in one tab, and equipement and character description/background, etc in a second tab. I will add additional features to the 3rd tab. All the text fields in the 2nd tab are formatted text fields now.
-Iīm implementing the line selection icon to the NPC sheet too.
-The image window include the identification upper bar.
-The library window is fully functional now (with a bug in the sidebar button state, pending to fix)
-The modules activarion window include now all the features of the coreRPG-based rulesets.
-Notes are formatted text now.
-Iīve replaced the scroll button with scrollbar where needed.

The next immediate changes and implements I want to do:

-Add Full formatted text fields to the PC sheet.
-Add supernatural template selection to NPC sheet.
-Major graphic improvements.
-Dice pools rollable directly form PC and NPC sheets.
-Menu windows replacements form FG 2-style to FG 3-stlyle.
-Sidebar buttons selectable from library window.
-DOE extensions full compatibility.
-Calendar and tables support.
-Auto re-roll 10s
-re-roll 8s and 9s buttons.

Note that the pictures includeSspanish windows. I plan to do both English and Spanish strings.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23418&d=1525889396
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23419&d=1525889568

vegaserik
May 10th, 2018, 04:26
Looks really good! Looking forward to it, I've been renewing my interest in this system here lately.

Luthbel
May 18th, 2018, 11:28
Hi there!
Iīve been working on this rulesete quite intensively these days, and Itīs really close to be in a shareable beta!.
All the features from the original nWoD ruleset are functional now, and we betatested the ruleset just yesterday and everything works fine, with some bugs that need to be fixed, but nothing too big.
Here I show you some screen capures of the base Chronicles of Darkness ruleset and the Vampire the Requiem theme (note that the VtR background is not the one that will be available with the theme release):
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23511&d=1526639151
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23513&d=1526639237
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23514&d=1526639271
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23512&d=1526639212
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23515&d=1526639300

Luthbel
May 18th, 2018, 11:34
And some more pictures from the V:tR theme extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23516
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23517
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23518

Luthbel
May 18th, 2018, 12:20
Some of the changes and improvements include:

1. Character sheet:
-Beats/Experiences fields added.
-(VtR) Virtue and Vice replaced with Mask and Dirge.
-Aspirations and Conditions fields added. Both are formatted text, so it is possible to drag links into them.
-(VtR) Max Viatae / Per turn form added.
-(VtR) Devotions formatted text field added, it is possible to drag links into it.
-Expanded merits field added to emulate the 4-page classical White Wolf character sheet format. Additionally, itīs a formatted text field, so it is possible to drag links into it.
-All the features from the World of Darkness original ruleset are fully funcional.
-The Storyteller can now add a portrait to the character sheets.

I have several improvements in mind:
-Do all text fields formatted text fields
-Convert the 5-dot fields (such as merits or disciplines) capable of accepting links from library/reference entries
-A new tab with auto-calculated rolls/actions (such as Wits+Composure for Perception checks and stuff like that).
-Include a "languages" field.

NPC Sheet:
-Fully re-done. Now its format is closer to the character sheet.
-It includes the complete attributes and skills boxes.
-Included two new dot list fields to the 1st page: merits and powers.
-Increased size for the token sub-window.
-The second tab include a simplified header field for: concept, virtue, vice, age, faction and group.
-The second page also include fields for background, description, notes and roleplaying hints.

*I have several improvements in mind:
-Include the supernatural template selection function to the NPC sheet.
-Use the 3rd tab for auto-calculated rolls/actions (such as Wits+Composure for Perception checks and stuff like that).

Desktop and Sidebar:
-Full graphic improvement: almost all the elements replaced with new graphics.
-The chat window include now all the features of coreRPG.
-All the menus are also coreRPG and fully funcional.
-Like in coreRPG, it is possible now to do a custom sidebar setup from the Library window.
-The use of the older "Efects" menu is now in "Modifiers".
-The image frame include now all the features of coreRPG.

*I have several improvements in mind:
-Add buttons for "reroll-8" and "reroll-9" options, as well as +/- 1 and 2 close to the dice zone od the desktop.
-Create a languages extension, with the diferent real world alphabets (modern and ancient), and do something creative to emulate the languages written with the latin alphabet.
-Modify the Item entry window to add the features of Chronicles of Darkness item rules.
-The combat tracker have the features of the old ruleset, and it is also compatible with the size/range, effects and target features of coreRPG.
-Add "weapons" and "armor" buttons and tables to the items menu. Not very important in contemporary games, but very interesting for "dark eras" settings.

Compatibility:
-Iīve made tests with some of the coreRPG extensions and everything works fine.
-Iīve modified (for personal use) the DOE base and sound extensions and it fie seamlessly with the ruleset. I will contact Dulux to see if is it possible to update them.

Known Issues:
-Problem with GMIdentity: the GM rolls canīt be secret.
-The dice tower rolls are also visible to all players.
-The character willpower and health box fields in the combat tracker canīt be edited by the GM.
-It is possible to create complete tables, but rolling does not generate a result in the chat, story window, etc.

**I plan to add compatibility, and create custom interface themes for all the Chronicles of Darkness game lines. The Next ones will be Mage the Awakening, Changeling the Lost and Werewolf the Forsaken (in this order). I also plan to do Dark Eras themes (starting with Requiem for Rome).
***The Character sheets depicted in the screen captures are in Spanish, but the beta release will include both English and Spanish versions.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Reference/library documents will not be included.

gandhi39
May 18th, 2018, 13:25
Amazing work

Luthbel
May 18th, 2018, 13:29

Pepor
May 18th, 2018, 13:52
Wow!

Amazing! Really nice job!

Honken
May 21st, 2018, 08:35
Is this available to DL from anywhere? I could not find it on the site.

/H

Luthbel
May 21st, 2018, 13:28
Is this available to DL from anywhere? I could not find it on the site.

/H

Give me some days to fine tune some stuff, and to add the English version of the character sheets. It will be available very soon.
I will also publish the known issues and changelog updates for the beta version.

Trenloe
May 21st, 2018, 15:19
@Luthbel - the themes look amazing.

One potential issue, and I hate to bring this up, but - is the artwork public domain or do you have permission to use the artwork if it is copyright protected? The FG community, and these forums especially, are very careful to not publicly distribute material that is copyright protected.

Luthbel
May 21st, 2018, 18:27
Iīm using the art for my personal games. If you mean the wallpapers, I should change them form the final beta release (or ask Onyx Path). People form White Wolf have seen these themes and didnīt told anything against a public release. In the other hand, all the windows, tabs and background without image is of my own creation. Anyways, I will send an email to Onyx Path to be sure theyīre ok with it.

Trenloe
May 21st, 2018, 18:36
Anyways, I will send an email to Onyx Path to be sure theyīre ok with it.
That's the best approach. Because people not saying anything is not the same as the correct people giving approval.

Luthbel
May 21st, 2018, 18:47
Email sent :)

RickmanUK
June 26th, 2018, 13:00
Any news on this? I'mma... pretty interested in getting afew friends into playing it and having the ruleset readily available like this would be awesome.
Also Thank you for all the hard work on making this.

Redemption77
July 19th, 2018, 05:43
Hey checking in on this. Its been awhile and Im really excited about getting my hands on this

gandhi39
July 19th, 2018, 13:06
Is there anyone with plans for a Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition ruleset? The launch date is close by.

gandhi39
August 5th, 2018, 17:54
Looks like there will be an official ruleset for v5

damned
August 5th, 2018, 22:59
Hi guys there will be a CoD roll in the next release of MoreCore, The roll is ready but the next release is not yet.

TheFitGM
August 8th, 2018, 13:24
Looks like there will be an official ruleset for v5

Do you have a source for this?

Blahness98
August 8th, 2018, 18:51
Doug Davison from last week's Fantasy Grounds Friday broadcast.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/292629584?t=17m28s

gandhi39
August 9th, 2018, 21:31
Do you have a source for this?

FantasyGrounds put a post on facebook hiring people to make an official ruleset. They found someone and erased the post later.

Lensman
January 8th, 2019, 03:53
have there been any updates on either this extension, or an official one?

Any help is appreciated!

UltimateGM
January 8th, 2019, 14:43
I have been waiting to see an update was hoping the post that talked about rule sets for 2019 would contain something but it wasn't there so I assumed there wasn't any new information.

damned
January 8th, 2019, 23:03
Rulesets take a long time to build. They are mostly done by hobbyists in their own time. And they are a big task... Generally there wont be a time indication until they are close enough to provide accurate info...

Sinanus
July 18th, 2019, 17:54
Is this new Chronicles of Darkness ruleset out yet, is there a place I can access it? Any information would be wonderful!

Mirloc
July 18th, 2019, 19:30
Is this new Chronicles of Darkness ruleset out yet, is there a place I can access it? Any information would be wonderful!

The ruleset for the latest CoD product isn't available as of today. I'm not sure if it's even being worked on actively by anyone, and the older ruleset is somewhat janky in places, but it does function with the current version of FG2.

As Damned mentioned in his post, normally rulesets are done in someone's spare time, and are announced at some point in the forums when they are available.

Burzghash
March 5th, 2020, 21:02
Found this thread in a Google search after coming across FG as a potential virtual tabletop solution for Chronicles of Darkness games.

Seeing this has gone a year+ without happening killed that notion :\

viresanimi
March 5th, 2020, 21:07
MoreCore has CoD rolls implemented. Because I asked nicely for it. The people around here are the best.

LordEntrails
March 6th, 2020, 00:13
Found this thread in a Google search after coming across FG as a potential virtual tabletop solution for Chronicles of Darkness games.

Seeing this has gone a year+ without happening killed that notion :\
Welcome. You don't need a dedicated ruleset to play any RPG via FG. You can use the included CoreRPG rulset to make your own character sheets etc as with these examples; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23138-Share-Game-System-Character-Sheets

Or are viresanimi points out, you can use the community MoreCore ruleset that has advanced capabilities and specialty roles like those for CoD; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset

Burzghash
March 6th, 2020, 02:15
Got it, so once I have Morecore installed, how would one go about importing the CoD roll system and character sheets?

LordEntrails
March 6th, 2020, 03:04
Got it, so once I have Morecore installed, how would one go about importing the CoD roll system and character sheets?
The rolls are already included in MoreCore. I'm not sure about the character sheet. Has someone created one and shared it? Usually its just character that you can import and copy for each character.

Voidw4rd
March 17th, 2020, 07:45
Hello, good night. I'm a master of Mage, and I was starting to read how to make a rule set. But in the investigation I found this proyect, is there some beta or maybe something I could help? I'm interested because with COVID-19 my table couldn't come together to play. Sorry if I bother.

Burzghash
March 23rd, 2020, 05:01
I can't figure out getting Morecore to do CoD rolls for the life of me. Like everything else involving FG, it just all seems needlessly convoluted. I'd really like something user-friendly for customizing a character sheet to actually make it look like the real-world equivalent (and not just a crappy line-by-line card), but doing so with FG seems like a huge PITA that appears to require XML knowledge. Let alone creating a ruleset/template for a specifi gameline that makes your tabletop something thematically appropriate.

Hope someone is actually still working on a ruleset, official or otherwise. In the meantime, there's better options available ��

viresanimi
March 23rd, 2020, 11:31
This should help you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uq6yms7ey4e5ud/C.o.D.%20Charactersheets.mod?dl=0

OlDie80
March 9th, 2021, 18:50
I installed the WoD character sheet - but this is only for human characters. Is there any way to download that great stuff that was posted here in this thread, especially Vampire tR, Werewolf tF?
Thank you!

sambarilov
June 23rd, 2021, 17:55
Hey! Quite some time since anyone posted here. Is there a version of this ruleset anywhere?

damned
August 13th, 2022, 11:29
Sambarilov I have created a basic Chronicles of Darkness ruleset which is free on the Forge
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/732/view