PDA

View Full Version : Prob a previously covered topic but: Ability to take input from satellite iPad

Varsuuk
February 29th, 2016, 03:12
(... Or other types) by laying it on table and running an iOS app which logs into server on PC/Mac to just display maps sent by DM.

Displaying alone what DM sends would be a great simple tool. Also allowing users to click on char and selecting a path for DM to approve would be amazing.

Add later selection of spell radii etc, then you have us drooling. But seriously as a tabletop player's RPG aid to see maps and handouts from gm would be useful. Add battle map and "where can I give you all t3h cash?" ;)

damned
February 29th, 2016, 03:38
Tablet support is a major goal of the next platform release which is well under way but still a long way off.

Varsuuk
February 29th, 2016, 06:30
Good to hear, it just makes sense :)

As it is now, I want to use some parts of FG while at the gaming table. I won't have my large LCD but can bring my 15" MBP to the table plus a few iPads we have. It's likely that friends have tablets but really just the one for the battle map plus other folks having tablets or even iPhones for "private handouts" would rock.

When the time comes, be happy to playtest tablet use with you guys.

In the meanwhile, I'll probably code up in Swift some sort of at-table comm app to pass "secret notes" ;P to others. Yeah, for this I could use iMessage + attachments but hey, I want excuses to pull out xCode. I work on g++/netbeans all day ...