PDA

View Full Version : Looking for: A Bag of Bennies, Tokens, Fate and/or More. Extension question.

ShotGun Jolly
February 29th, 2016, 01:34
Hi all,

It seems more and more rpgs are starting to use more "Tokens, Bennies, Fate, Force, etc" in their games. So, I am wondering, has anyone created a extension for the CORErpg yet? I would like to get a generic version, that has different color tokens for different purposes.

Anyways, anyone working on something like that?

Thanks

Skellan
February 29th, 2016, 03:35
Do you mean like a module with lots of tokens?

damned
February 29th, 2016, 03:39
Yeah... can you give more info please?
How you want them to be used/usable?
How you want them to look?

Mask_of_winter
February 29th, 2016, 03:47
I think he means a way to share metagame economy like fate points, destiny points, chits in WHFRP 3e, doom and momentum in 2d20, hero points. Basically like bennies in Savage Worlds works but as an extension you can customize or is flexible with different colors. Something you could use with CoreRpg.

Skellan
February 29th, 2016, 03:56
Yeah that's what I meant ) Damned said it much more eloquently

Skellan
February 29th, 2016, 03:59
I think he means a way to share metagame economy like fate points, destiny points, chits in WHFRP 3e, doom and momentum in 2d20, hero points. Basically like bennies in Savage Worlds works but as an extension you can customize or is flexible with different colors. Something you could use with CoreRpg.

That is a cool idea. Hopefully someone cleverer than me will have an answer :)

damned
February 29th, 2016, 05:29
Obviously with CoreRPG (and in this case Im going to add it to MoreCore) it will be very generic and will only track how many you have and report when you use one.... would that work for you Shotgun Jolly? I think you already use MoreCore for at least on of your games?
You would just see something like this in Chat and then the points would be decremented by one...

Shotgun spends a Hero Point

damned
February 29th, 2016, 05:31
I suppose it could also include a mechanism for the GM to award them but really to keep it simple I think allowing payers to add them manually is acceptable?

ShotGun Jolly
February 29th, 2016, 05:55
Obviously with CoreRPG (and in this case Im going to add it to MoreCore) it will be very generic and will only track how many you have and report when you use one.... would that work for you Shotgun Jolly? I think you already use MoreCore for at least on of your games?
You would just see something like this in Chat and then the points would be decremented by one...

Shotgun spends a Hero Point

Hey damned/Mask

Yeah, that would be exactly it. But with the ability to name the hero points, for example call it Fate Points on the character sheet and it comes up as
Shotgun spends a Fate Point

If being able to name them is not an option, then if the points/tokens could be different colors, then a GM can say all red are fate, all blue are bennies, etc. what ever fits the bill. And yes, having them added manually would be acceptable.

As you can tell from my screen shot, you can guess what game I am prepping for.

or

Valarian
February 29th, 2016, 10:30
As you can tell from my screen shot, you can guess what game I am prepping for.
Nice. I don't have to start thinking about a ruleset for that one then :)
Is it worth looking at doing a generic Modiphius 2d20 ruleset, and adding Conan on top of that. It's the approach I'd been considering.

ShotGun Jolly
February 29th, 2016, 16:53
I would think a generic 2d20 would be good, seeing there are several games now that use it.

damned
March 1st, 2016, 05:37
I almost had the extension working last night but i barfed something up...
Crazy busy right now but I should have something ready in a few days.

damned
March 1st, 2016, 14:51
Ok - How does this look?
The field is player editable - they can call it anything they like.
On double click it will report
Barden the Brave is using a Dragon Tooth
or whatever they have called it and decrement it by one.
Once you get to zero it stops working.

Im not rapt in the icon... I also tried a poker chip style icon which I also wasnt excited about...

ShotGun Jolly
March 1st, 2016, 19:11
Yeah, I think it looks great! But I feel the same about the icon tho..

I would suggest something along these lines. Maybe?

damned
March 1st, 2016, 22:09
scale that to 40x40 and to 48x48 and tell me how it looks.
also who does the image belong to?
and i know this images theme but is it generic enough for MoreCore?
(you will be able to overwrite it in your desktop extension with one line.

in graphics_icons.xml (or any other graphic reference file)
<icon name="heropoints" file="graphics/icons/coinstack.png" />

damned
March 1st, 2016, 23:33
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23281-More-Core-extension-for-CoreRPG

Its available for download now.

Ashekelor
March 2nd, 2016, 03:25
I too would be very interested in this. We are working towards moving our "in person" table to FG and we use hero points. These are very common in home brew Pathfinder campaigns.

BTW, is "in person" the common reference for, well, a game where we are all cheerfully gathered around the table with dice, soda and the ever present laptop?

damned
March 2nd, 2016, 04:25
Hi Ashekelor - this is working now but I made it for More Core. Because of the Character Sheet differences in every ruleset a generic extension for every ruleset isnt possible. I suppose I *could* make one for Pathfinder for you... which tab would you see this going on and where?
"In person" seems clear to me :)

Ashekelor
March 2nd, 2016, 18:52
I really had to think on the location. The easiest would be on the notes page. However, talking with one of my players, we decided somewhere near saving throws and combat stats. So I came up with the following:

On the combat tab just to the right of CMD. There is a little bit of unused space there.

Alternatively it could go on the combat tab just to the right of saving throws and above Spell Resistance. This is my favorite choice, however I did not see a lot of space.

I really appreciate you even giving thought to this matter. Hero points are such a part of our game dynamic. It would be great to have them added to the character sheet. :)

ShotGun Jolly
March 2nd, 2016, 19:50
Hey Damned,

I made a token using the FG D20 Dice Icon, here it is sized to 48x48.. but its bigger cause I added a drop shadow..

What about these? And this is how it looks