PDA

View Full Version : Old school DM Looking for group, standard license players

sirosis34
February 28th, 2016, 22:35
Have not used Fantasy grounds in a few years, and wiping dust off the original D&D books inspired to have another go at this thing.
I'm only a standard license member so players need that as well, not demo, to play.
Also I was having trouble with connections through my firewall so I'm using Hamachi to network.
I'd like to just use the Basic 80's 90's version of the original Dungeons and Dragons rules. We can go through character creation together. Beginning at level 1.
EASTERN TIME ZONE I'm in Canada Ontario best time to play 10pm 2 hours at most, Wednesday nights or we can all decide.
I have a module in preparation.
I'd prefer just text but I just installed teamspeak.

The World setting is Mystara, continent of Karameikos. Simple dungeon crawl to start and hope to take it further in complexity and world travel.
Hope your interested, please feel free to PM me.:)
thanx!

damned
February 29th, 2016, 00:24
Hi sirosis34 if you would like me to look at your Firewall setup with you drop me a PM and we will set something up.

What ruleset will you be using?

RespawningPleaseWait
February 29th, 2016, 00:38
I'm guessing it's the old Red / Blue / Green / Black / Gold box sets based on the setting.
Back when men were men, elves were fighter / mages, and dwarves were fighters capped at level 12.

ArteF
February 29th, 2016, 00:41
Hello, if this is a 5e game I'd be interested.

damned
February 29th, 2016, 00:41
BECMI :)
Sorry - I meant what ruleset will you use in Fantasy Grounds? Possibly the Labyrinth Lord ruleset might be closest to that but it is a pretty basic ruleset (I believe).
Or you could do CoreRPG+MoreCore...?

sirosis34
February 29th, 2016, 00:54
Hi Damned,
I'll be using the basic rpg or core rpg. Have most of the books in physical form and I'll transfer info over

ArteF
February 29th, 2016, 00:57
Oh didn't see the 80's and 90's, don't know anything about those rules so I'll have to step down. Barely understanding 3.5e and Will Wheaton's rants about pathfinder has me scared of that stuff too. XD.

Good luck with your game.

damned
February 29th, 2016, 01:02
ArteF B/X D&D is quite possibly the simplest and most fun D&D. This is the version that brought D&D to the masses. The classes/races and rules are so much simpler - except that dang descending AC....

sirosis34
February 29th, 2016, 01:34
I like the setting too. I have to re-education myself with using the software. I'm also trying out roll20 but fantasygrounds looks like it has more features

Mortar
February 29th, 2016, 10:53
ArteF B/X D&D is quite possibly the simplest and most fun D&D. This is the version that brought D&D to the masses. The classes/races and rules are so much simpler - except that dang descending AC....

The AC was easy part to figure out.

and I am on Atlantic time, and wouldn't giving the good old Red box a go again.