PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding - Wave Broadband

Jasondandr
February 27th, 2016, 20:54
Howdy everyone,

I just got a new PC and upgraded my internet. That means I had to forward ports again on this new system. I have a quick question. I tried to forward the port and this is what the screen looks like:

I tried to add my IP (beacause it says I need one) to the IP section and then I get this error message:

So I went with the IP on the LAN and that didn't open the port.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. :)

ddavison
February 27th, 2016, 21:15
You will want to use the Internal IP address that Fantasy Grounds displays on the screen with the connection test. Service port and internal port should both be 1802.

If you still have the old entry in your list of virtual servers, you will want to remove that first. You can't route two different devices this way to the same port.

ddavison
February 27th, 2016, 21:18
One other thing. If the first 3 segments of your IP address XXX.XXX.XXX are different then what you use to log into your router, then this means you probably have another router in-between -- perhaps to provide wireless functionality. If so, you want to set it up so that (A) Your computer -> (B) Wireless Router -> (C) Internet Router -> Internet.

You would need to configure port forwarding from (C) to (B) as if (B) was the target device and then from (B) to (A) on the (B) device.

Jasondandr
February 27th, 2016, 21:41
Awesome! I got it working again. I really appreciate the help.