PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds] Firefly- Redemption

Daedalus
February 26th, 2016, 22:00
Due to player no-shows this game is canceled

badmrgimpy
February 26th, 2016, 22:42
This sounds really interesting, do you want a PM or just apply for player on the link?

Daedalus
February 26th, 2016, 23:42
This sounds really interesting, do you want a PM or just apply for player on the link?

Please use the link to sign up on the calendar

Thank you

Daedalus
February 27th, 2016, 05:41
Well that's one player signed up

Serena
February 27th, 2016, 16:53
If we stop game around 11:30 midnight EST I'm in

Daedalus
February 27th, 2016, 21:48
If we stop game around 11:30 midnight EST I'm in

That works. Go ahead and sign up on the calendar.

Thanks

Ironskul
February 27th, 2016, 22:04
How fortuitous that on a whim I happen to check out what's new here and find a game that not only is right on one of my prime loves but actually fits my time availability. Crazy. I've been eyeing many of your games Daedalus and seeing many happy players. I would take a bit of coaching on using FG again since I've been away for a number of years but I'd love to join.

Will we be having an NPC Captain? Not that I am eyeing the role, just curious.

Daedalus
February 27th, 2016, 23:03
How fortuitous that on a whim I happen to check out what's new here and find a game that not only is right on one of my prime loves but actually fits my time availability. Crazy. I've been eyeing many of your games Daedalus and seeing many happy players. I would take a bit of coaching on using FG again since I've been away for a number of years but I'd love to join.

That's not a problem. My games are pretty casual and it won't be a problem getting you going.

Will we be having an NPC Captain? Not that I am eyeing the role, just curious.

I hadn't really given that any thought. If anyone wants to take the position of Captain they are more then welcome to

Serena
February 28th, 2016, 05:06
I never seen this show lol ! Time for me to do research

Daedalus
February 28th, 2016, 18:06
Ok, since the game is now full (and filled up in less then 24 hours) I would like to talk about characters. We won't play this Wednesday bur the one after if everyone has a character ready. Who is and isn't familiar with firefly?

bigboom
February 28th, 2016, 18:10
I never seen this show lol ! Time for me to do research

Timing of this game wouldn't work for me. But I'm a big Firefly fan and Serena, you'll have a BLAST doing the "research"....trust me!!

Serena
February 28th, 2016, 18:15
yeah i read it was a short lived tv program. dead what rulebooks in addition to savage are you using for creation?

Daedalus
February 28th, 2016, 18:30
yeah i read it was a short lived tv program. dead what rulebooks in addition to savage are you using for creation?

There is a supplement for Savage Worlds that I need to provide. I will try to do it this evening.

Daedalus
February 28th, 2016, 18:32
We lost one so we have one spot one. If you are interested please sign up.

Thank you

Daedalus
February 29th, 2016, 14:49
We have spots for two more people. If you are interested please feel free to sign up. Once you signed up please post here and let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus
February 29th, 2016, 14:50
Below is the link to the supplement to help people create characters for the game. Sorry it took me a while to post it, its been a busy few days.

https://www.certifiedgeek.net/certifiedgeek/rpgstuff/fireflyrpg.pdf
(https://www.certifiedgeek.net/certifiedgeek/rpgstuff/fireflyrpg.pdf)

Daedalus
February 29th, 2016, 19:59
Just a question to the players who have shown up- since it seems like for a bunch of people they want to play but Wednesday is a bad day for them. I was curious, would Tuesday work for you guys who have already signed up?

Skillkoil
February 29th, 2016, 20:50
Signed up D man

Daedalus
February 29th, 2016, 21:14
Signed up D man

Thank you. You have been approved.

Skillkoil
February 29th, 2016, 22:28
I can't play on Tuesdays that is when my live streamed DND game is.

Daedalus
February 29th, 2016, 22:55
I can't play on Tuesdays that is when my live streamed DND game is.

I think I am just going to leave it where it is on Wednesdays. It looks like the game will fill where it is

Daedalus
March 1st, 2016, 16:40
Ok guys, so we have 4 of the 5 players we need which is enough to get going but 1 short of filling the game. There is time as we will start next week.

So I want to start discussing characters, what kind of characters the players want to play. If you haven't checked out the supplement I posted please do so by clicking on the link below:

https://www.certifiedgeek.net/certifiedgeek/rpgstuff/fireflyrpg.pdf
(https://www.certifiedgeek.net/certifiedgeek/rpgstuff/fireflyrpg.pdf)

All Crew spots are open. Any ideas on what kind of character you would like to play?

Skillkoil
March 1st, 2016, 17:07
I would like to play a soldier or ex bounty hunter who is disillusioned with the Alliance. My role on the ship would be protection on runs and finding people for the crew if we happen to take on a bounty from a middle man or have to find a certain person I can hopefully track them. What do you think? I know bounty hunter isn't attained until seasoned so I guess I would start as a soldier.. not sure how that works.

(This is what I want to do if I can't do what I talked to you about in PM)

Daedalus
March 1st, 2016, 20:04
I would like to play a soldier or ex bounty hunter who is disillusioned with the Alliance. My role on the ship would be protection on runs and finding people for the crew if we happen to take on a bounty from a middle man or have to find a certain person I can hopefully track them. What do you think? I know bounty hunter isn't attained until seasoned so I guess I would start as a soldier.. not sure how that works.

(This is what I want to do if I can't do what I talked to you about in PM)

You can create the character that you mentioned in the PM. That's fine

Daedalus
March 2nd, 2016, 14:30
We have a psychic and we have a companion.

What we really need are a captain, a mechanic and a pilot. If anyone wants to take one of those spots please let me know.

Daedalus
March 2nd, 2016, 14:36
I made the game 4-6 players to make sure we have all the spots filled. We have two spots left open and I need to hear from the players who signed up regarding what characters they are going to be playing.

Skillkoil
March 2nd, 2016, 16:51
I am looking forward to this game! If you want D, my character can be the mechanic or pilot probably will have the smarts for it.

Daedalus
March 2nd, 2016, 17:00
I am looking forward to this game!

Great. We need a couple more players so if you know of anyone looking for a game and they would be interested please have them sign up.

Daedalus
March 2nd, 2016, 21:36
I am going to be available online for a character creation session and will have the server up. For voice chat I am using Team Speak using the Teamspeak server and I will be in a room called Savage Worlds Group Conference Room.

I will be available between 8pm and 9pm est. If you need assistance with character creation or would like to upload your character please feel free to let me know here and/or show up online tonight

Serena
March 2nd, 2016, 23:10
sweet

Daedalus
March 3rd, 2016, 01:00
The room is up. If you want to join us please come to team speak

Serena
March 3rd, 2016, 01:46
my character

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/4e/99/f84e993c424a5f455d8fbec6cf6fd6d0.jpg

Daedalus
March 3rd, 2016, 02:23
my character

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/4e/99/f84e993c424a5f455d8fbec6cf6fd6d0.jpg

Very nice

Daedalus
March 3rd, 2016, 14:48
Still looking for some players and I need to hear from two of the current players on what they are doing character wise. If you are interested please sign up on the calendar.

dakkonwastes
March 3rd, 2016, 18:17
I signed up on the calender. I am interested in mechanic/hacker.

Daedalus
March 3rd, 2016, 18:27
I signed up on the calender. I am interested in mechanic/hacker.

Ok that sounds good. You can go ahead and make that character. If you need any assistance please let me know

Ironskul
March 3rd, 2016, 22:13
Responded to your pm Daedalus. Still in. I will get working on a Captain type since no-one else seems to be interested. Are we going with a straight green level character?

Daedalus
March 3rd, 2016, 23:54
Responded to your pm Daedalus. Still in. I will get working on a Captain type since no-one else seems to be interested. Are we going with a straight green level character?

Yep. All characters start out as novices. You do understand we are using Savage Worlds and not the Firefly rpg mechanics

Rhaco
March 4th, 2016, 01:04
Just signed up on the calendar. I'm going to check out the guidebook tonight or in the morning. Are there any character types that are specifically needed at this point? I'm pretty equal opportunity.

dakkonwastes
March 4th, 2016, 02:35
my understanding is pilot if empty still. I'm 80% sure we have a captain, soldier, psychic. 30% guess companion. I'm a mechanic/hacker

Daedalus
March 4th, 2016, 03:57
Just signed up on the calendar. I'm going to check out the guidebook tonight or in the morning. Are there any character types that are specifically needed at this point? I'm pretty equal opportunity.

Welcome. I approved you for the game. What we need is a gun for hire/jayne type character

Daedalus
March 4th, 2016, 04:00
my understanding is pilot if empty still. I'm 80% sure we have a captain, soldier, psychic. 30% guess companion. I'm a mechanic/hacker

I actually have a player who took that role already. As I said we need a gun for hire.

Rhaco
March 4th, 2016, 05:59
Cool, I'll look into pilot.

Rhaco
March 4th, 2016, 06:00
Sorry, I'm on the mobile at the bar. Gun for hire sounds fun, I'm in.

Daedalus
March 4th, 2016, 16:02
Sorry, I'm on the mobile at the bar. Gun for hire sounds fun, I'm in.

Ok, sounds good. Please let me know if you need any assistance in character creation

damned
March 5th, 2016, 04:48
@Serena - are you having trouble registering on the www.fg-con.com website?

Daedalus
March 6th, 2016, 01:01
How is everyone doing with characters? Does anyone need assistance? Do we need to do another character creation session

Serena
March 6th, 2016, 01:54
im at episode 8!

Serena
March 6th, 2016, 01:54
didnt try yet to log in

dakkonwastes
March 6th, 2016, 01:58
I'm down with a creation session, need to go shopping and actually input character, right now its sitting on a piece of paper as a jumble of dice

Ironskul
March 6th, 2016, 05:23
I wouldn't mind a creation session if for nothing more than to get a feel for the other characters and finish gear. The rest of my character is done not that I remember how to share it with you.

Lysander
March 6th, 2016, 13:29
Would like to be on a wait list, or, I can be a 'guest passenger' that would let me play a mix of npc types. Wouldn't be able to make this Wednesday, but could sit in for a little bit?

I'm familiar with the firefly supplement.

Daedalus
March 7th, 2016, 15:44
Would like to be on a wait list, or, I can be a 'guest passenger' that would let me play a mix of npc types. Wouldn't be able to make this Wednesday, but could sit in for a little bit?

I'm familiar with the firefly supplement.

I have accepted you and put you on the Waiting List. If someone drops out I will let you know

Daedalus
March 7th, 2016, 15:47
I wouldn't mind a creation session if for nothing more than to get a feel for the other characters and finish gear. The rest of my character is done not that I remember how to share it with you.

I can put up the server early on Wednesday and you can log in to create characters/upload characters and get equipment. Let me know if you guys want me to do that

dakkonwastes
March 7th, 2016, 15:52
Yes i would like that.

Skillkoil
March 7th, 2016, 16:13
Sounds like a good idea D, I'd like to meet the other players as well before we start. :)

Daedalus
March 7th, 2016, 16:16
I will try to do it either a half an hour or maybe (depending on my time) an hour before the game. I will let you guys know closer to game time

Ironskul
March 8th, 2016, 02:09
Ok so this may be a bit long but I wanted to get some feedback and see if it gives anyone else some ideas..... I'm not much of a writer though.

Captain Jameson "Jamey" Sinclair

Jamey grew up on the border planet of Santo in the midst of one of the highest rated resorts on the planet - The Sinclair Sands. Early on he learned the tricks of the trade to get people to buy what you're selling and making them think it was their idea. Just 16 when the Unification War broke out, young Jamey was convinced by his parents not to join up with an Independent Brigade - certain they would eventually lose. He was still sympathetic to the common folks' struggles on the Rim worlds so he joined up with the crew of a small freighter whose captain dared to run supplies to far flung worlds regardless of which side they supported. Unfortunately, this came to the attention of an unscrupulous young Alliance officer - Lt. Benjamin Welch - who used them to destroy a vocal Independent settlement by selling them a crate full of ration bars which had been booby-trapped with Griswolds. The entire crew and village were killed except for poor Jamey who lost his right leg to a bar he kept for himself. If it wasn't for the prompt medical attention of a nearby Browncoat patrol who arrived to investigate the explosions, he would surely have perished as well. Fortunately or unfortunately, his hospital recovery and rehab lasted until the war was over.
Meanwhile, things were not going well back on Santo. Tourism slowed and then reduced to a trickle as folk became too scared to travel. The stress of his failing business and fear of having lost his only son when he didn't hear from him for months caused Jamey's father to suffer a fatal heart attack. Just a few months later, a mysterious fire claimed his mother's life and destroyed the Sands. When a grieving Jamey was finally able to return to Santo he found nothing left for him there but a few momentos and an insurance claim. Taking the money, Jamey purchased an old Firefly and dubbed her Redemption. He headed into the black to make his own way and hopefully some folks to be like family. One thing burns at the back of his thoughts constantly; find what became of Welch and bring him to justice -one way or another.

Ironskul
March 8th, 2016, 02:12

Serena
March 8th, 2016, 02:56
very nice we'll have to discuss our contract captain

Daedalus
March 8th, 2016, 19:44
Ok so this may be a bit long but I wanted to get some feedback and see if it gives anyone else some ideas..... I'm not much of a writer though.

Captain Jameson "Jamey" Sinclair

Jamey grew up on the border planet of Santo in the midst of one of the highest rated resorts on the planet - The Sinclair Sands. Early on he learned the tricks of the trade to get people to buy what you're selling and making them think it was their idea. Just 16 when the Unification War broke out, young Jamey was convinced by his parents not to join up with an Independent Brigade - certain they would eventually lose. He was still sympathetic to the common folks' struggles on the Rim worlds so he joined up with the crew of a small freighter whose captain dared to run supplies to far flung worlds regardless of which side they supported. Unfortunately, this came to the attention of an unscrupulous young Alliance officer - Lt. Benjamin Welch - who used them to destroy a vocal Independent settlement by selling them a crate full of ration bars which had been booby-trapped with Griswolds. The entire crew and village were killed except for poor Jamey who lost his right leg to a bar he kept for himself. If it wasn't for the prompt medical attention of a nearby Browncoat patrol who arrived to investigate the explosions, he would surely have perished as well. Fortunately or unfortunately, his hospital recovery and rehab lasted until the war was over.
Meanwhile, things were not going well back on Santo. Tourism slowed and then reduced to a trickle as folk became too scared to travel. The stress of his failing business and fear of having lost his only son when he didn't hear from him for months caused Jamey's father to suffer a fatal heart attack. Just a few months later, a mysterious fire claimed his mother's life and destroyed the Sands. When a grieving Jamey was finally able to return to Santo he found nothing left for him there but a few momentos and an insurance claim. Taking the money, Jamey purchased an old Firefly and dubbed her Redemption. He headed into the black to make his own way and hopefully some folks to be like family. One thing burns at the back of his thoughts constantly; find what became of Welch and bring him to justice -one way or another.

Very good, very good.

Daedalus
March 8th, 2016, 19:56
We are playing tomorrow. Is everyone going to be ready? I am going to have the server up at 7:30 so people can input characters/make characters for the game. Let me know if you need assistance

Skillkoil
March 8th, 2016, 19:58
I'll be there, can't wait!

Daedalus
March 8th, 2016, 20:19
I'll be there, can't wait!

Good to hear. I am really interested in running this.

dakkonwastes
March 9th, 2016, 01:43
ditto!

Daedalus
March 9th, 2016, 14:54
Just a reminder: We are playing tonight. If you are going to be late or you cannot make it please let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus

Serena
March 9th, 2016, 16:47
ill be on time, just need to change mt name on my sheet and negociate with the captain

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 17:11
I'll be there on time

dakkonwastes
March 9th, 2016, 19:19
ill be early

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 19:21
ill be early

I'll be earlier than dakkonwastes :P

Skillkoil
March 9th, 2016, 19:21
ill be early

I'll be earlier than dakkonwastes :P

Daedalus
March 9th, 2016, 20:30
If I am able to get the server up earlier then 7:30 I will post here in the forum and let you know

Daedalus
March 10th, 2016, 00:37
Server is up. We are using the FG Teamspeak server for voice. Room: Savage Worlds Group Conference Room

Serena
March 10th, 2016, 01:01
we are in!!!

Daedalus
March 10th, 2016, 01:03
we are in!!!

Yep We are just missing our Captain and our Gun For Hire

Ironskul
March 10th, 2016, 04:29
Well that was fun. Enjoyed meeting you all. See you next week!

Daedalus
March 10th, 2016, 14:34
Well that was fun. Enjoyed meeting you all. See you next week!

Yes it was. I know it started off rough but most times first sessions do. At least next week we will be able to start right away and dive into the action. And believe me, there is action to be had next week.

Rhaco
March 10th, 2016, 21:47
Yeah, it was definitely good times. Now that I've got my character up and running, I'm way more prepped for some action.

Daedalus
March 10th, 2016, 23:57
Yeah, it was definitely good times. Now that I've got my character up and running, I'm way more prepped for some action.

Well you have a week until the next game. Just have it ready by the next game and send it to me so I can check it out and everything should be good to go

Daedalus
March 11th, 2016, 17:17
Hey guys,

Thanks again for the great game last week. I am open to suggestions so if there is anything you would like to see happen in the game please let me know. Any suggestions/comments can help me improve the game and make it more fun.

Thank You

Daedalus
March 13th, 2016, 04:33
Bump up for comments and suggestions

Skillkoil
March 13th, 2016, 18:35
I think you are doing a great job D! As far as suggestions I think we should continue on our current mission to pick up the passenger and unexpected consequences should result from our decision to transport them. (Maybe they are wanted by the alliance and we get boarded and have to fight or they try to follow us to the planet and we have to try and escape.) It really comes down to you building the world you want and letting us push the story with our probably bad choices lol. :)

Daedalus
March 14th, 2016, 16:24
I think you are doing a great job D! As far as suggestions I think we should continue on our current mission to pick up the passenger and unexpected consequences should result from our decision to transport them. (Maybe they are wanted by the alliance and we get boarded and have to fight or they try to follow us to the planet and we have to try and escape.) It really comes down to you building the world you want and letting us push the story with our probably bad choices lol. :)

I appreciate the kind words and I was planning on doing that.

I may make the session 3 hours instead of 4 because I think that is the right amount of time. I will decide before Wednesday, unless people really want the sessions to go 4 hours

Ironskul
March 14th, 2016, 20:48
I thought the first game came together well especially since I imagine many character details/personalities were a bit spotty coming in. I'm hoping we get into some situation where we need to do some planning in order to be able to pull off, options of where to head to pickup next job (multiple job offers at a time - though that may take us building up a rep etc), things involving each characters' backgrounds and such. Currently my main worry is keeping Kashmeera involved in the game more than just - met x clients at x planet this week. Wouldn't want anyone getting bored. I imagine there will be opportunities for us to help her out more than getting her places on time and also chances for her to choose whether or not to aid us out of whatever jam we get into. Same goes for Hong Xu and the pilot - locking yourself into your designated work area is bound to be boring eventually.

Daedalus
March 15th, 2016, 15:55
I thought the first game came together well especially since I imagine many character details/personalities were a bit spotty coming in. I'm hoping we get into some situation where we need to do some planning in order to be able to pull off, options of where to head to pickup next job (multiple job offers at a time - though that may take us building up a rep etc), things involving each characters' backgrounds and such. Currently my main worry is keeping Kashmeera involved in the game more than just - met x clients at x planet this week. Wouldn't want anyone getting bored. I imagine there will be opportunities for us to help her out more than getting her places on time and also chances for her to choose whether or not to aid us out of whatever jam we get into. Same goes for Hong Xu and the pilot - locking yourself into your designated work area is bound to be boring eventually.

Well I am planning for things like that. For instance, the planet you are going to has no jobs for her so she will be around you guys and participating in what you do.

Daedalus
March 15th, 2016, 15:56
I put the time in wrong on the Calendar so I had to correct it. So if you are going to be able to make it please vote yes again.

Thank You

- Daedalus

Daedalus
March 16th, 2016, 17:52
Just a reminder: We are playing tonight. If you are going to be late or you cannot make it please let me know.

Thank You

- Daedalus

Ironskul
March 17th, 2016, 00:51
ready and waiting :)

Daedalus
March 17th, 2016, 01:06
We half have of the group. Where is everyone else?

dakkonwastes
March 17th, 2016, 01:07
We half have of the group. Where is everyone else?

Be there in five

Daedalus
March 17th, 2016, 01:28
Ok, now we are only missing Rahco and Ghostpeople

Daedalus
March 17th, 2016, 15:52
Thanks to everyone who showed up last night. It was fun

Daedalus
March 18th, 2016, 00:30
Hey Skillcoil, when you get done with the log of last night please post it here. Thank you

Daedalus
March 18th, 2016, 20:39
Hey Skillkoil, how are we looking on last weeks game log?

Daedalus
March 21st, 2016, 16:03
Just a reminder: We are playing this week

Daedalus
March 22nd, 2016, 14:18
Just a reminder: We are playing tomorrow. I know of one player who has already let me know that they wont be able to make it tomorrow but will be back next week

Daedalus
March 23rd, 2016, 14:12
Just a reminder: We are playing tonight. If you are going to be late or you cannot make it (I already know Skillkoil won't be able to make it) please let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus

Daedalus
March 23rd, 2016, 23:09
Sorry guys, it was an extra long and hectic day today so I am going to have to cancel the game tonight. We will play again next week.

Sorry for the late notice. If I were to run it, I am not sure I would be able to muster doing a good job

- Daedalus

Ironskul
March 23rd, 2016, 23:53
Thanks for the notice Daedalus. I wasn't sure how tonight was going to go - pretty sure I'm looking at a hard drive failure with all the long loads and random crashes I'm getting. If nothing else I'll have time to get my backup laptop ready to go in an emergency for next week.

Daedalus
March 24th, 2016, 17:51
Thanks for the notice Daedalus. I wasn't sure how tonight was going to go - pretty sure I'm looking at a hard drive failure with all the long loads and random crashes I'm getting. If nothing else I'll have time to get my backup laptop ready to go in an emergency for next week.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I do understand computer problems as I work in I.T.

One of our network switches is going and my boss and I were running around looking for a spare, getting it set up for configuration and all of that. On top of the fact I had to go into work an hour early (I was supposed to get off an hour early which didn't happen). I ended up working more then an 1 and a half overtime. And I had to come in today and continue the fun. I went to bed early last night I was so tired.

When I run a game I want to do a good job. And as tired as I was last night, I just wouldn't have been able to do a good job

Daedalus
March 25th, 2016, 14:18
Everything is in line to play next week at the normal time and I don't think anything should come up again. Never say never, but it shouldn't

Daedalus
March 28th, 2016, 14:36
Just a reminder: We will be playing this week

Ironskul
March 29th, 2016, 11:07
Computer issues all resolved so I will certainly be there.

Daedalus
March 29th, 2016, 15:45
Just a reminder: We will be playing tomorrow. If you are going to be late or you cannot make it please let me know

Daedalus
March 29th, 2016, 15:46
Due to a busy work schedule we lost Sreena, the companion. I will work it into the story that she found permanent work at the next planet you guys are going to. If she can come back I can say it didn't work out or she missed the ship and came back.

Daedalus
March 31st, 2016, 00:37
Just a reminder: We are playing tonight. If you are going to be late of you cannot make it please let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus

Daedalus
March 31st, 2016, 14:30
We didn't play because we had at least half the game missing. I am just curious, do you guys want to continue to play this? Because if not I am ok with ending the game. We are only one session in so it would be easy for me to end the game. I am not saying that I want to end the game but it gets annoying when people sign up for a game and then don't show up.

Rhaco hasn't shown up and hasn't replied to my private messages so he is out. I know Sereena had to drop out due to work. But that doesn't account for the other two that were missing.

I would like to hear from everyone. Because if people aren't having fun with this (and I have to admit this setting is a bit difficult because there is only so much you can do with it) I can try to run something else or drop it totally.

dakkonwastes
March 31st, 2016, 18:58
I was one of three there. It seems a hard campaign to run. Im happy to continue or shift to another setting. Enjoying my first foray into the savage worlds system and hoping it will continue.

Daedalus
March 31st, 2016, 23:32
I was one of three there. It seems a hard campaign to run. Im happy to continue or shift to another setting. Enjoying my first foray into the savage worlds system and hoping it will continue.

I appreciate those who did show up. I may shift to a different setting. It just depends on the consensus of the group

Daedalus
April 1st, 2016, 14:27
Bump up- Since I am not hearing from many of the players this isn't a good sign or a vote of confidence that the game should continue

Lysander
April 2nd, 2016, 13:02
I'm in for almost anything Savage in this time slot (Wednesday Evening)

If we're not going to play in the Firefly setting (disappointed face), then I'd like to know what alternatives you have in mind that YOU want to run. Fantasy settings are in my wheelhouse, but some genres just don't really wow me. Not to say I won't give it a fair shot, that's just my preferences.

Daedalus
April 3rd, 2016, 02:49
I'm in for almost anything Savage in this time slot (Wednesday Evening)

If we're not going to play in the Firefly setting (disappointed face), then I'd like to know what alternatives you have in mind that YOU want to run. Fantasy settings are in my wheelhouse, but some genres just don't really wow me. Not to say I won't give it a fair shot, that's just my preferences.

I don't know right now. I am going to have to think about it. I am just going to see if people show up on Wednesday and go from there

Ironskul
April 4th, 2016, 02:29
Was away for the weekend. I broke a 4 year hiatus from RPG's to join this game. I hope to continue but if we cannot find enough reliable players I certainly wouldn't want to put Daedalus to unrewarded efforts.

As far as other settings I would honestly only have real interest in Savage Worlds - specifically Deadlands or Weird Wars. After nearly 30 years I can't say I have much interest in anything fantasy/D&D-esque. If that's what Daedalus would like to do I could respect that and wish you well.

Daedalus
April 4th, 2016, 20:01
Was away for the weekend. I broke a 4 year hiatus from RPG's to join this game. I hope to continue but if we cannot find enough reliable players I certainly wouldn't want to put Daedalus to unrewarded efforts.

As far as other settings I would honestly only have real interest in Savage Worlds - specifically Deadlands or Weird Wars. After nearly 30 years I can't say I have much interest in anything fantasy/D&D-esque. If that's what Daedalus would like to do I could respect that and wish you well.

Well most likely if I did anything else it would still be Savage Worlds. Let's see how things go on Wednesdays and if people don't show up we can decide what to do, either do a different setting or try to get more reliable players

Daedalus
April 5th, 2016, 15:21
Just a reminder: We are playing tomorrow. If you are going to be late or you cannot make it please let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus

Daedalus
April 6th, 2016, 15:11
Just a reminder: We are playing Tonight. If you are going to be late or you cannot make it please let me know.

Thank You

Daedalus

Ironskul
April 6th, 2016, 19:57
I'll be there. sorry I forgot to hit up the calendar this week.

RespawningPleaseWait
April 6th, 2016, 22:39
Are you needing / accepting players for this game?

Daedalus
April 7th, 2016, 01:08
Are you needing / accepting players for this game?

It looks like I might since it appears we have lost a few people. I am going to wait until after this game to determine what is going to happen

Daedalus
April 7th, 2016, 14:48
Well last nights game got cancelled because only two people showed up.

It appears the setting is a dude but I am not sure.

So here are the options:

1) Try Savage Worlds Firefly again by rerecruiting players

2) Do a different Savage Worlds Sci Fi Setting Setting

3) Play a totally different Savage World setting non sci-fi

Please let me know what you think

dakkonwastes
April 7th, 2016, 17:36
unfamiliar with savage worlds settings, will defer to those with more experience

Daedalus
April 7th, 2016, 18:09
unfamiliar with savage worlds settings, will defer to those with more experience

OK that works. I only say Savage Worlds because right now that is the system I am most versed with.

dakkonwastes
April 7th, 2016, 19:58
I'm good with savage worlds system, just think the problem was the firefly setting being basically a 3 page pdf gave players and dm very limited support for envisioning a universe.

Daedalus
April 7th, 2016, 21:09
I'm good with savage worlds system, just think the problem was the firefly setting being basically a 3 page PDF gave players and dm very limited support for envisioning a universe.

I don't disagree with this at all. I played the actual Serenity RPG (the one before Firefly RPG came out) and it felt pretty limited to what you could do as a player as well.

Daedalus
April 8th, 2016, 00:07
I am going to kill this game and work on something else for Wednesday. I have started a new thread to discuss things: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30707-Savage-Worlds-Looking-to-run-something-(On-Wednesdays)&p=264834#post264834

We can let this thread fall off and die

Serena
April 8th, 2016, 06:20
So sorry to hear that buddy, I've been to clear my schedule one night a week. you got an opening on other games?

Daedalus
April 8th, 2016, 16:02
So sorry to hear that buddy, I've been to clear my schedule one night a week. you got an opening on other games?

Not sure what is happening with my other game. May have a person to fill in the spot. Are your Wednesdays clear? If so please check my other thread as it looks like I am looking to run something sci fi like The Last Parsec