PDA

View Full Version : Issue with the new layout

Topdecker
February 26th, 2016, 21:42
I did not have the "remember me" flag tossed prior to the switch and cannot find it now. Anyhow...

I cannot finish even brief messages before being logged out. Think we could fix the time out to something freaking reasonable?

I should also say that I like the new look, so thanks for that!

ddavison
February 26th, 2016, 22:12
Yes, I noticed that change too. I reset it to 1 hour. It looks like it got reset to 15 minutes. Let me know if that fixes it for you.

damned
February 26th, 2016, 23:15
Is there any reason for it to be even as short as 1 hour?

Oberoten
February 26th, 2016, 23:17
Hmmm... No forum-listing in the new-posts list?

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2016, 12:02
Hmmm... No forum-listing in the new-posts list?

Agreed, can we have that back if possible please. Also the top menu (Thread Tools, Search thread etc) and the one down the bottom right (Quick navigation etc) still seems to be in the old colours rather than in the new (better) ones.

ddavison
February 27th, 2016, 14:00
Agreed, can we have that back if possible please. Also the top menu (Thread Tools, Search thread etc) and the one down the bottom right (Quick navigation etc) still seems to be in the old colours rather than in the new (better) ones.

I am not sure that will be very easy to change. The forum portion is 95% provided by a new vbulletin theme and it involves a bunch of changes to vbulletin templates that it overwrote. It may take some digging to figure out what needs to be modified and how, and some trial and effort.

For the color selections, I brought these over from the old board to the new one. I think it still needs to be a different color than the top bar so that it doesn't all become bland, but I'm open to changes on which set of complimentary colors to use.

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2016, 15:49
I am not sure that will be very easy to change. The forum portion is 95% provided by a new vbulletin theme and it involves a bunch of changes to vbulletin templates that it overwrote. It may take some digging to figure out what needs to be modified and how, and some trial and effort.

For the color selections, I brought these over from the old board to the new one. I think it still needs to be a different color than the top bar so that it doesn't all become bland, but I'm open to changes on which set of complimentary colors to use.

Ah, ok I can live with that. As to colours I was simply pointing out that they hadn't changed really. They're fine the way they are as far as I'm concerned :)

Callum
February 27th, 2016, 20:47
Yes, I really miss being able to see which forum a new post is from. Also, on my phone (Nexus 5, using Chrome), I can't see the time of the post to the right - it's cut off in the new layout, so it only shows "Last post: Yest" or "Last post: Tod".