PDA

View Full Version : new players LFG

ArmoredRaven
February 26th, 2016, 17:22
me and my friend are looking for a group to play DnD5e with regularly on wed and/or friday -6 cst. i have a druid, fighter, and warlock and he has a cleric but are o[en to making new characters. we are both using the demo version.

Black Hammer
February 26th, 2016, 17:32
Here are the usual answers:

1) You're generally better off posting in threads for games looking for players than posting a thread as a player looking for a game. Not saying this is a bad idea, but you'll want to do some legwork as well reading through threads made by GMs about games with open slots.

2) Mentioning what days you're free is a good start, but your time zone and times of availability on those days are important for lining up schedules too.

3) You haven't specified what game in particular you're looking for, be it D&D 5th Edition, 4th, 3.5, or Pathfinder. I'm assuming D&D 5E.

4) Other GMs do it differently, but I generally expect players to make characters specifically for my game, and only after discussion with the other players. This avoids redundancy, toxic party compositions, and any house rule related complications.

5) Good luck finding a game, and have fun. For me, making numbered lists is fun.