PDA

View Full Version : players trading items

Weepdrag
February 26th, 2016, 05:17
I am sure that this is covered somewhere, but how do players trade items with one another without going through a major shuffle?
Does the GM need to be involved in the process, or can they do it themselves.

Thanks in advance

JohnD
February 26th, 2016, 05:46
Drag items to/from the Inventory tab in the Party Sheet.

Ken L
February 26th, 2016, 06:36
I wish this worked for coinage. When they shift things to/from the party sheet it logs it at least, I have no such system for coinage.

dulux-oz
February 26th, 2016, 09:48
I'm working on an extension which should allow you to do this for coinage - but its a fair way off yet.

jshauber
February 26th, 2016, 15:41
In some systems you can drag the item from your inventory to the character portrait in the top left of screen above the chat box. It will then move over, but as I said not all systems support this so the party sheet is your only option in some cases.

Weepdrag
February 26th, 2016, 18:35
Thanks all,
So, if I understand this correctly, the player donor should be able to drag from their inventory to the recipient on the party sheet and have the item removed from their inventory and added to the recipient inventory? I thought we had tried this in a 3.5e ruleset game last night and it didn't seem to get the job done. We'll give it another shot, maybe we just brain farted.

Thanks again

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2016, 21:40
I can't speak for 3.5 but I believe that what I am about to say may well be universal, at least for ruelsets based on CORE.

In 5e you can drag items to and from the parcel section of the party inventory. Doing so will disappear the item from it's start location and make it appear in the end location.

You can also drag an item from a player's inventory and drop it on another player's portrait. Doing so will disappear the item from the giver and add it to the recipients inventory.

You can also drag an item from a character's inventory and drop it into another character owned by the same player. This seems to create a duplicate of the item.

In all cases dragging is done by picking up the little icon that appears at the extreme right hand side of the item.

Weepdrag
February 27th, 2016, 17:14
Thanks all,
Now it's all about the testing with our group

Thanks again