PDA

View Full Version : Mac editor advice (i.e. Notepad++ she is no for MacBooks)

Varsuuk
February 26th, 2016, 03:53
Im in the bedroom with my Macbook and I wanted to continue along with the Par5se tutorials. I actually haven't done much on my macbook other than use it to code from bed when I work from home ;), browse net and occasionally code on it with Eclipse, Netbeans or xCode. All three of which seem a bit heavy for this purpose.

I did a fast google but while there were many recommendations, not knowing their sources and seeing no comparable consensus, I figured I'd ask if any here work with Par5se and find one well suited. Until then, it is vi for me since I know how to do all the fun things (yeesh) with that already.

MadCar_1
February 26th, 2016, 04:24
I use TextWrangler and it helps me clean up text for import into FG. Not a powerful as Notepad++ but does have features like Straighten Quotes, Remove Line Breaks and Zap Gremlins that helps to make copied text FG friendly.

ddavison
February 26th, 2016, 17:33
Also make sure you work PlainClip into your workflow if working on a Mac. How the mac handles copy and paste is different than on PC and this can be cleaned up by plainclip into a simple text paste option that FG will accept.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21855-Cannot-Paste-within-Fantasy-Grounds-(Mac-osx)/page7