PDA

View Full Version : Want to start playing in Adventure League

Skillkoil
February 25th, 2016, 17:47
I am totally new to Adventure League and I was hoping I could find a mentor to help me learn the ropes. I have an account on their website and I downloaded a pregen character. Would anyone like to give me a hand? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Dallas

lucyanor
February 25th, 2016, 18:50
What location/timezone are you in?

Skillkoil
February 25th, 2016, 18:54
EST United States

xanstin
February 25th, 2016, 22:02
Lots of FG games on ALonlinetools.net...they fill up quick however.

Skillkoil
February 26th, 2016, 02:48
Yes I am signed up there. I just don't know how to keep track of my character and get in games on that site. I was hoping somebody could walk me through it on teamspeak or something.

xanstin
February 26th, 2016, 16:44
Once you sign in to the website, on the top you will see the menu (Play / DM/ Settings / ....). Mouse over Play and it will produce a drop down. You want to go to Characters. Once there hit New. (As a general reference from this point on line items on logs/signups etc. will have the notepad to edit trash can to delete). Once you hit new it will take you to a form fill sheet you can place your character info on to generate a 0xp level PC. AL Players guide will help you with season origin decision. When you hit save you should now see him on the character page you were at before hitting new.

To add pre existing log entries or new ones you will again mouse over play. Then select adventure log. Once again hit New. Fill out form and be sure to select proper PC and save. This entry will now show up.

To join a game once you have a PC established, you will mouse over play, and select online games. Click signup on desired game (There are various filters at top). When in the selected game once again hit signup. You will see a Character/Alt1/2/3 dropdown. In the character slot drop down to desired PC and save. Your now signed up.

One thing is the website doesn't give levels when you are at exactly next level mark (ie. 0xp = 0 level, 300XP is Level 1). Dont worry about that just sign up if you know you are the right level.

Also very important.... Under settings tab in menu, ENSURE you update user info (Name, email settings, DCI, etc) and set your time zone so games show up at the right time or else it defaults to GMT.

Do not stress if your in a high slot, there tends to be a lot of no shows and I've seen slots 14+ make it in to 6 player games.

Also keep in mind there is a calendar feature on this website, although I haven't really used it so someone else may want to help you with that.
Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Skillkoil
February 26th, 2016, 16:48
Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated!

jamessmckay
March 5th, 2016, 17:05
@Skillkoil, one other thing to note about signups on the tool, do not be concerned if there are 14-15 players signed up. In most cases you will be seated at the table.

Jim

bsktballchmp85
March 5th, 2016, 21:42
I have a question I just recently started playing 5e and I was wondering can I play one character in multiple adventures and if so ho do I track the experience per each adventure since there are no chronicle sheets?

xanstin
March 5th, 2016, 23:09
As far as Adventurers League you can use the same PC in multiple adventures as long as its not one he has already played in. The 5E ruleset has a log tab similar to the paper version you can use to track progress. www.ALOnlinetools.net also has a built in log feature. See directions above.Or go to wizards website and they have a paper printable log.

FSHSchmo
March 9th, 2016, 18:07
Fantasy Grounds also has an adventure log built into the character sheets whee you can keep track of what you play in.