PDA

View Full Version : Q about pre made characters

Metzik
February 25th, 2016, 12:23
When I look at the pre made investiagators they all have a lot of points spent which seems a lot more than if you follow the rules for making a new one by yourself. There are also 60 points to customize the investigator by the player, points that normally come from INT x10. Do I miss something here?

damned
February 25th, 2016, 12:50
They do indeed seem high powered based on my reading of character creation. Let the players have some fun - while they can :)

Metzik
February 25th, 2016, 12:59
They do indeed seem high powered based on my reading of character creation. Let the players have some fun - while they can :)

lol, thats true :D

shardan
May 1st, 2016, 07:45
i admit a lot of pregens and npc's seem to have elevated stats. I always worked under the assumption that the higher point totals reflect past experience, that Mythos or not, gave opportunities for skill to be raised. and like Damned says, let them enjoy it, while skill help a lot in the game, in CoC what you do is far more important than how you do it. In a game with as high a mortality rate as CoC, it won't make too much difference. and who knows, it may make the game a little more enjoyable fore the players.