PDA

View Full Version : Creating Categories

LordValerius
February 25th, 2016, 12:09
Hey all,

I know we can create "New Groups" in the Campaign Data sets, which I would like to do for a module I am working on, but a couple of things are hindering my ability to do so, at least in a manner I would like.

Images, Encounters, Items, NPCs...these windows fill up very quickly and are a royal pain to manage when they get full. Ideally I would like to create a new group for each "section" of my module, but am running into a couple of hurdles in doing so. Namely, I can create the group and drag/drop items from the main tab into them, but I can't find any way to name the tab...I also am finding it increasingly frustrating to color and iconize the tabs, as there seems to be little consistancy to them, ie; tab colors seem totally random from tab to tab and I can't seem to get all the same color for the tabs, as any color I tend to pick is then not available for the next tab...Same with icons.

I know this problem doesn't seem to happen when par5ing the sections, as I created the groups/header names via #@; but have not found a way to do this outside of Par5e. I've looked at the wiki but not finding anything but the very basic create group, change style, change icon...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
LordV

Nylanfs
February 25th, 2016, 12:22
It's non-obvious, type the name in the chat bar. Before hitting enter drag the name to your tab.

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2016, 12:38
You should be able to change the tabs to all the same icon and colour; you just need to right click and select Cycle style and cycle Icon enough times until you get the right one.

damned
February 25th, 2016, 12:45
You should be able to change the tabs to all the same icon and colour; you just need to right click and select Cycle style and cycle Icon enough times until you get the right one.

Its a bug (or by design?) that has been raised a few versions back... try it.
You cant have the same icon and colour as the previous tab.

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2016, 16:07
Its a bug (or by design?) that has been raised a few versions back... try it.
You cant have the same icon and colour as the previous tab.

You are correct. I have never noticed this before - probably because as the OP says everything I've created has been in par5e. Strangely if you do have a bunch of them created in par5e you can then add a new one and get it to be the same but not subsequent ones.

LordValerius
February 26th, 2016, 22:52
It's non-obvious, type the name in the chat bar. Before hitting enter drag the name to your tab.

Perfect! Thank you..Worked like a charm.

LordV

LordValerius
February 26th, 2016, 22:55
You are correct. I have never noticed this before - probably because as the OP says everything I've created has been in par5e. Strangely if you do have a bunch of them created in par5e you can then add a new one and get it to be the same but not subsequent ones.

I did manage to figure out that when creating from scratch in FG, if you are wanting all but the first tab to be the same, you merely create the new group and set what you want it to be, then create the next new group, and move the new tab next to the original one, replacing the previously created new tab and then you can select the group style and icon you like and can do this as many times as you like to get the result you are looking for.

LordV