PDA

View Full Version : Humble Bundle Pathfinder Book Bundle

chanceboon
February 24th, 2016, 20:01
Just an FYI. The Humble Bundle book bundle is all Pathfinder books. For a mere buck you can get PDF's of the Core Rulebook, Game Mastery Guide, Digital Beginner Box, Character Folio, Advanced Class Guide, GM Screen, and an adventure path...that's just the 1$ bundle folks. The 15$ bundle has much, much more! And the proceeds go to charity to boot!

Pathfinder Bundle on Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/books/paizo-pathfinder-bundle)

damned
February 24th, 2016, 21:03
freaking ridiculous amount of stuff there.

Black Hammer
February 24th, 2016, 23:12
Yeah, I've been fence-sitting on the whole Pathfinder affair, but it's hard to say no to this when I was considering dropping $10 on just the core book PDF earlier.

drahkar
February 25th, 2016, 03:41
$18 USD and I get pretty much all of it? Yea... I'm in. Couldn't pass that one up.

gqwebb
February 25th, 2016, 04:46
Sweet! Thanks for sharing this is a great starter set for less than 18. CHANCEBOON ya da man!

Mortar
February 25th, 2016, 09:56
I couldn't resist either. The bundle has been up less for about 24 hours now and 20k sold for over 330k

Chorpa
February 25th, 2016, 14:36
Me like it a lot. :D

Mortar
February 25th, 2016, 14:45
Me like it a lot. :D

That's an understatement...except the bundle killed Paizo's servers with the way they watermark every single page of every download.

Black Hammer
February 25th, 2016, 18:01
That's an understatement...except the bundle killed Paizo's servers with the way they watermark every single page of every download.

Yeah, I'm a little miffed I haven't been able to download even the core book, since they have to work their little copyright magic on a PDF of what's basically an OGL book based on a PHB I've own a physical copy of for like twelve years.

Mortar
February 25th, 2016, 18:36
Humble Bundle's version of a ddos...I mean they "only" sold 25k bundles and there is still 13 days to go.

Ken L
February 25th, 2016, 23:15
I've resolved myself to being unable to download anything for a week or two.

drahkar
February 26th, 2016, 02:48
I've resolved myself to being unable to download anything for a week or two.

I got lucky and have managed to download one book. I'm stubborn though so I keep trying.

Ken L
February 26th, 2016, 06:34
Paizo's servers will be on fire for a least 1 week after the HB ends. Rather than spending time babysitting the page an hour per download to ensure I don't auto-log-out while I'm processing; waiting seems the preferable option :p.

Paizo doesn't have have the server power of steam.

Black Hammer
February 26th, 2016, 14:27
Paizo's servers will be on fire for a least 1 week after the HB ends. Rather than spending time babysitting the page an hour per download to ensure I don't auto-log-out while I'm processing; waiting seems the preferable option :p.

Paizo doesn't have have the server power of steam.

Is what they deserve for cutting the middleman out of the loop and not selling their stuff on DrivethruRPG or similar.

Ken L
February 26th, 2016, 17:43
Is what they deserve for cutting the middleman out of the loop and not selling their stuff on DrivethruRPG or similar.

I don't think even drive-through-rpg can handle this kind of load either. TTRPGs aren't exactly the hottest thing out there, but there's been a resurgence of popularity especially with the steaming community; but paizo never expected it to be this big.

To handle the amount of terabytes their servers are sending would require Steam level or amazon cloud services which a small developer like them can't afford.

Mortar
February 27th, 2016, 06:27
To be fair, this bundle absolutely destroyed even Humble Bundle's prediction's of how popular it would be. Sales of the bundle have definitely slowed but are still going fairly. There is a thread, almost 800 posts long on the Paizo message boards. In the time it took me to read all of the posts 2k bundles were sold.

This on their forums:

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2thdr?My-Downloads-Humble-Bundle-Downloads-Issues

Black Hammer
February 27th, 2016, 14:55
To be fair, this bundle absolutely destroyed even Humble Bundle's prediction's of how popular it would be. Sales of the bundle have definitely slowed but are still going fairly. There is a thread, almost 800 posts long on the Paizo message boards. In the time it took me to read all of the posts 2k bundles were sold.

This on their forums:

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2thdr?My-Downloads-Humble-Bundle-Downloads-Issues

I started reading their forums while trying to get downloads working. I went from the bundle making me want to read pathfinder to the forums making me want to run/play it. Some really intriguing discussions on there.

Mortar
February 27th, 2016, 17:46
My 2nd download is coming now. Slow but the process is working. It is also not a very good intro to the Pathfinder community for the 20K plus new accounts at Paizo and they get that. I have been lurking over there for a couple of years and there is a bucket load of good conversations and ideas being tossed about.

ddavison
February 27th, 2016, 17:55
These sort of things fall into the category of "good problems to have." Their tech team will be able to look back and analyze the processes and server capacity and make some updates that will help.

Black Hammer
February 27th, 2016, 18:43
These sort of things fall into the category of "good problems to have."

Having worked with several companies that print RPG books and modules, I can safely agree I've never heard any of them complain about their stuff selling too well.

kylania
February 27th, 2016, 23:44
Thanks for the heads up. Don't know anyone that plays Pathfinder, all my friends are 5E players, but c'mon, this is basically the whole thing for free. :) Snagged, even the physical copy!