PDA

View Full Version : 5E Theme Questions

Patou
February 24th, 2016, 15:56
Hi super FG dudes and kings of the VTT world (my personal opinion)

i was wondering if it was possible to darken the background white that we see in the D&D 5E theme from Wizards? Could we change that to the same as the colors they use for the background pages of their books?

I placed an example from one of their modules? Currently i use the 5E theme from FG instead of the Wizards one because my group finds it really white but they love everything else about it as do I.

Thanks guys:)

LordEntrails
February 24th, 2016, 17:11
I suspect you'll have to make your own theme. Not too tough from what I can tell from other threads on the forum. Plus check out the wiki, it has good resources too. Sorry I don't have any links at the moment. If you can't find them, post and I'm sure someone (or myself) can come up with them.

Patou
February 24th, 2016, 17:17
I suspect you'll have to make your own theme. Not too tough from what I can tell from other threads on the forum. Plus check out the wiki, it has good resources too. Sorry I don't have any links at the moment. If you can't find them, post and I'm sure someone (or myself) can come up with them.

thanks... I'd have to look into setting that up. Never tried screwing around with that stuff... I really don't want to mess up FG.

Patou
February 24th, 2016, 17:22
I couldn't go into my profile and now i can.... they are still updating I believe.

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2016, 18:30
Hi super FG dudes and kings of the VTT world (my personal opinion)

i was wondering if it was possible to darken the background white that we see in the D&D 5E theme from Wizards? Could we change that to the same as the colors they use for the background pages of their books?

I placed an example from one of their modules? Currently i use the 5E theme from FG instead of the Wizards one because my group finds it really white but they love everything else about it as do I.

Thanks guys:)

Have a look at this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26012-D-amp-D-5E-Theme) here. There's several suggestions for altering the lighting so that the background isn't quite as bright.

Patou
February 24th, 2016, 20:41
Have a look at this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26012-D-amp-D-5E-Theme) here. There's several suggestions for altering the lighting so that the background isn't quite as bright.

thanks

So if I understand correctly I need to modify this extension (jaws.ext)? Or I use the chat command ''E0E0E0''

damned
February 24th, 2016, 20:58
yes in chat window type
/lighting E0E0E0
and it will darken things just a little

if you just want ti change teh wallpaper - yes - try editing Jaws :)
the simplest way of editing Jaws is to replace the image with one exactly the same size and name - otherwise poke around in the XML and you will work it out...

Patou
February 25th, 2016, 00:37
yes in chat window type
/lighting E0E0E0

the simplest way of editing Jaws is to replace the image with one exactly the same size and name - otherwise poke around in the XML and you will work it out...

Patou
February 28th, 2016, 15:08
yes in chat window type
/lighting E0E0E0

Hi Damned,

What do you use to edit or open the Jaws file... when i open it it's all symbols and stuff..... ???

Zacchaeus
February 28th, 2016, 16:13
Hi Damned,

What do you use to edit or open the Jaws file... when i open it it's all symbols and stuff..... ???

Rename the extension tag to zip i.e. jaws.zip and then unzip it. This will give you access to the .xml file which can be opened in notepad as well as the images and other folders within the extension.

Patou
February 28th, 2016, 20:36
Rename the extension tag to zip i.e. jaws.zip and then unzip it. This will give you access to the .xml file which can be opened in notepad as well as the images and other folders within the extension.

This needs to be resaved as a .ext file once done? (this all new to me)

Zacchaeus
February 28th, 2016, 22:49
This needs to be resaved as a .ext file once done? (this all new to me)

Yes, once you have made any amendments select everything within the folder and right click on one of the elements and select 'Send to' and select compressed file. This will zip everything up. Now change the .zip tag to .ext and it should be good to go. Here's a link to a tutorial (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25234-Jeff-s-Excruciatingly-Simple-Extension-Tutorial) on making extensions.

Patou
February 28th, 2016, 23:32
Yes, once you have made any amendments select everything within the folder and right click on one of the elements and select 'Send to' and select compressed file. This will zip everything up. Now change the .zip tag to .ext and it should be good to go. Here's a link to a tutorial (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25234-Jeff-s-Excruciatingly-Simple-Extension-Tutorial) on making extensions.

Super.. Thanks:)

bnickelsen
October 22nd, 2016, 15:27
Is it safe to say that you can only load or use 1 theme at a time

damned
October 23rd, 2016, 01:28
Its safe to assume that loading two or more themes will give you unpredictable results.

bnickelsen
October 23rd, 2016, 02:30
Its safe to assume that loading two or more themes will give you unpredictable results.

I was reading someplace that there was a Wood and Dungeon Theme that comes with FG, I know there is a set of alternate themes for them but I can not seem to find the original.

Zacchaeus
October 23rd, 2016, 11:54
I was reading someplace that there was a Wood and Dungeon Theme that comes with FG, I know there is a set of alternate themes for them but I can not seem to find the original.

They don't come with FG. They are extensions which you'll find here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20355-Alternative-Wood-and-Dungeon-Themes). Note they don't work too well with v3.2

Salva
December 6th, 2016, 04:13
Hi, is there a way to erease/delete/disable the dragon decal from backgroud?
Im making my own them but still see the dragon logo.
Thanks

Trenloe
December 6th, 2016, 04:20
Hi, is there a way to erease/delete/disable the dragon decal from backgroud?
Go into campaign options. And set Game (GM) -> Desktop: Decal image = Off.

Trenloe
December 6th, 2016, 04:25
You can also turn it off in code, usually there is a command OptionsManager.setOptionDefault("DDCL", "desktopdecal_sw"); in scripts\data_desktop.lua that sets the decal to the SmiteWorks dragon. Put some code in your theme that overrides this to something like: OptionsManager.setOptionDefault("DDCL", "off");

Salva
December 6th, 2016, 04:28
Go into campaign options. And set Game (GM) -> Desktop: Decal image = Off.
Im feeling very idiot right now. I was looking at the extension file trying to find the image file but i had the answer in front of me.
Its like when you search a couple of minutes for your lens and then someone tells you that you have them in you head.
Thanks and sorry.

Trenloe
December 6th, 2016, 04:29
Its like when you search a couple of minutes for your lens and then someone tells you that you have them in you head.
Thanks and sorry.
LOL! No worries. :D

Nickademus
December 6th, 2016, 12:10
You can also turn it off in code, usually there is a command OptionsManager.setOptionDefault("DDCL", "desktopdecal_sw"); in scripts\data_desktop.lua that sets the decal to the SmiteWorks dragon. Put some code in your theme that overrides this to something like: OptionsManager.setOptionDefault("DDCL", "off");

Thanks. Hadn't thought about forcing options off in an extension. Virtual +1 since I can't rep you again yet.

LordEntrails
December 6th, 2016, 20:12
Thanks. Hadn't thought about forcing options off in an extension. Virtual +1 since I can't rep you again yet.
That's cause you got to spread it around! Not just always suck up to the Immortals *g*

Nickademus
December 6th, 2016, 20:26
That's cause you got to spread it around! Not just always suck up to the Immortals *g*

I don't suck up. I just have a high standard of what I approve of. For instance, I'd rep your post but your not helping. :p

Nylanfs
December 7th, 2016, 03:45
You can give me all the delicious rep points if you want. :)

EDIT nom, nom, nom, nom