PDA

View Full Version : Chat Frames and private messaging?

GrimmSpector
February 23rd, 2016, 02:47
Is there a way to send a chat frame to only one player, instead of to everyone?

Nylanfs
February 23rd, 2016, 02:53
Type in the chat box but before hitting enter drag to the pc portrait. Or make a story entry and do same thing.

GrimmSpector
February 23rd, 2016, 03:04
Cool, thank you.

The other thing I'm finding, is that I can't use the various chat "modes" with the chat frames, if I click them, regardless of using the various keys to switch to "story" or "chat" or "emote", etc., it's only ever a story box, never in the voice of the selected NPC, or anything else...is there a way to conquer this?

Edit: Just found I can drag into the entry field of chat and it's like it's been typed, so I can just hold a hotkey, select an NPC and output it as I like, awesome, thanks!

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2016, 04:31
Is there a way to send a chat frame to only one player, instead of to everyone?
You can share chat frames, whole story entries, images, items, etc. with a single player by dragging the link to the PC portrait on the top left of the desktop.

The other thing I'm finding, is that I can't use the various chat "modes" with the chat frames, if I click them, regardless of using the various keys to switch to "story" or "chat" or "emote", etc., it's only ever a story box, never in the voice of the selected NPC, or anything else...is there a way to conquer this?
See "Add Speaker to Story Text" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Formatted_Text_Fields to pre-assign a speaker to your chat frame.

Also see speaking identities in the Chat section of the Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Window#Speaking_Identities You can also assume the speaking identity by clicking the speech bubble icon in the top right of a NPC sheet.

GrimmSpector
February 23rd, 2016, 06:12
I'll check out that bit about adding speakers to story text, thanks.

The assuming the identity of a speaker bit doesn't work directly with frames, only text in the entry field of the chat window.