PDA

View Full Version : Hero Lab 5e SRD

Krimson
February 22nd, 2016, 18:12
Since Hero Lab now has a 5e datafile thanks to the SRD along with gaps filled in by the community, I was wondering if there are any plans to allow for the Character Converter to import the XML like it can for other systems? I find the feature very useful for Savage Worlds but I would really like an easier way to get 5e characters into FG.

Krimson
March 4th, 2016, 16:43
Bumping this just once though I am guessing there is no answer to my question.

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2016, 19:03
It's actually on my short list of items to look at.

I just got the 5E material from the Hero Lab folks this week. It will take a bit of work; since I need to create a whole new module for the Character Converter to create a new XSL sheet for 5E, and add in the additional support for post-processing of inventory, spells, etc. Hopefully, it will be straightforward, and all the data we need is already available in the Hero Lab 5E output. If not, it may take some back and forth with them to get the additional data included.

I don't have an ETA currently, but I am looking at it.

Regards,
JPG

Krimson
March 5th, 2016, 03:14
Well that's more than good enough for me. I do hope it works because right now even with just the SRD, Hero Lab 5e is pretty useful but with the Community Pack it's pretty awesome. There are a lot of build options which would make for some useful PCs and NPCs. Ideally, I'd love to be able to manage the characters in Hero Lab and then import them as needed. In any case, if this is on your list of things to do that is great. Thanks for letting me know.

DrakosDJ
March 5th, 2016, 05:08
It's actually on my short list of items to look at.

I just got the 5E material from the Hero Lab folks this week. It will take a bit of work; since I need to create a whole new module for the Character Converter to create a new XSL sheet for 5E, and add in the additional support for post-processing of inventory, spells, etc. Hopefully, it will be straightforward, and all the data we need is already available in the Hero Lab 5E output. If not, it may take some back and forth with them to get the additional data included.

I don't have an ETA currently, but I am looking at it.

Regards,
JPG

While your at it it would be nice to get a converter for the M&M module as well.

Krimson
March 5th, 2016, 06:39
While your at it it would be nice to get a converter for the M&M module as well.

That could tempt me to run M+M 3e again. I love lots of stuff in Hero Lab for that game. I'll just be happy to get something working for 5e. I do like how the Converter handles Savage Worlds.

jwrightFANTASYG
April 9th, 2016, 01:43
Great news Moon Wizard! I was wondering how this was going? If you need any help I can lend a hand. :)

John

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2016, 05:02
Just waiting to hear back from the Lone Wolf guys on a few things. Please head over and request export to FG on their site to let them know there is interest.

Cheers,
JPG

jwrightFANTASYG
April 9th, 2016, 05:20
Off I go - :)