PDA

View Full Version : Drop down list control

GrimmSpector
February 22nd, 2016, 17:54
Has anyone implemented one, or is there one built in in any FG ruleset that I may be able to utilize as a prototpe?

I'm looking to do a simple drop down list where the list is either static (usually would be for most of my uses), or is built from an existing "list" set that's in a sheet already.

Zacchaeus
February 22nd, 2016, 18:03
There are several drop down lists in the 5e rulset in the party sheet.

GrimmSpector
February 22nd, 2016, 18:08
Sweet, I'll tear through their definitions, and see what I can come up with. I imagine the lua won't be hard to work them, and I can store values in lists, once I figure out how to get values out of FG "lists", haven't gotten that far yet.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2016, 18:09
See the language drop-down list in CoreRPG.

GrimmSpector
February 22nd, 2016, 19:20
See the language drop-down list in CoreRPG.

I'll check it out. In Pathfinder (the one I've been using to run games with), there's no drop down except for the chat window, but now that I think of that, the chat window must be setup by the ruleset, and seems to be the same for all, must be the one you're referencing. Should be perfect, thank you!

My players love the fonts used for the various languages built in, it's a lot of fun.

I know you're not obliged to help me Trenloe, but over in the other workshop thread I have, where I had difficulty with the windowclass not loading, I've also had a difficulty with it not displaying frame images around my controls, though I followed the anatomy of a ruleset quite closely to try to learn how it functions in the GUI. Hoping you can take a look at that and tell me what I've done wrong when you have a moment!

dulux-oz
February 23rd, 2016, 00:02
They are used quite extensively in the DOELocations Extension :)

GrimmSpector
February 23rd, 2016, 06:13
They are used quite extensively in the DOELocations Extension :)

Good to know, that should be helpful to find some examples too, thanks!